• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Using Raebates Considered Cheating? TIA

In summary, the conversation advises against using unethical tactics, such as buying a directorship, to achieve a promotion in a company. It is recommended to focus on building a strong team and earning the promotion through hard work and leadership. The potential consequences of promoting someone who is not motivated and the importance of maintaining paid-as-status are also discussed. The overall message is to stay true to one's own values and not compromise integrity for success.
Shelly Flanagan
Gold Member
TIA
Shelly

Last edited:
It's not something I'd be comfortable with. I'm in the same boat. I figure I'll make director when it's time. I'm working on building my team deep and wide so that consultants like this are gravy when they submit.

I wouldn't recommend it either. Along with being on the "questionable" line of ethics, it could be super confusing for guests/hosts when they call HO with a warranty issues. They won't recognize the name of the consultant on the show! And you are also setting a precedence. If you submit shows for 1 consultant in your downline & she happens to mention it to another one, don't you think they would have their feelings hurt that you don't do it for them too? And what if 3 don't submit? Or 6 don't submit? If you are submitting $5,000 in sales & 6 of those shows are going to your downline, why not just step up your business a bit, do $6,000 in sales, be an Elite Seller & get your Director title that way? ;)

Or better yet, build your team AND be an Elite Seller! :D

Shelly, you already have your answer. Never do anything that does not sit well with you. Regardless of what others do with their biz, it does not mean you need to do the same. You are the head of your biz and the decisions and actions should be a reflection of your own practices. You'll make director, and when you do...you'll appreciate that you earned that promotion by leading the team to work their biz. Any chance you could contact that consultant and let her know how much she could help? 10 $15 orders from now until next week is easily attainable. Or have her sell the lotto squares (search files for template). If she sells each square for $3, that's a $150 shopping spree for the lucky winner and a show for her.

sounds desperate to me... Why get the Director title at the risk of being unethical?

Also consider that over a year that is $1800 in sales you are giving a consultant that isn't motivated to stay active every month. Is that the way you want to lead your team? And I know $150 in sales a month may not seem like much but but over time if you consider 27% in commission on that amount that is over $486 in commission you are missing for a year!

A friend I met in my 2nd year in Pampered Chef said she "bought her directorship" and had 4K of PC in their basement. It's a slippery slope at best, and you end up with a basement like that. Don't go there...IMHO

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
...Never do anything that does not sit well with you. ...

action-smiley-033.gif
Great advice Laurie!

Shelly, RUN!!!!
eeek.gif
LOL

I agree with ALL of you...just wanted some "words of wisdom" to say to my upline on why I WILL NOT WORK THIS WAY. I have a great team and I plan on building it bigger and bigger. I know God will give it to me when HE is ready, not when my upline is. lol.
I love this site and I love you guys too!
Thanks!!!

wadesgirl said:
Also consider that over a year that is $1800 in sales you are giving a consultant that isn't motivated to stay active every month. Is that the way you want to lead your team? And I know $150 in sales a month may not seem like much but but over time if you consider 27% in commission on that amount that is over $486 in commission you are missing for a year!

Plus, imagine coming to Dec. and being short on earning the incentive trip...those extra sales point would come in handy for all kinds of promos. I say wait it out. You'll be glad you did. It WILL happen. I was sooo close for a couple of yrs. and it always seemed just out of grasp. Once I did promote I had more than needed on the team. I've been paid Dir. every month since and haven't had to worry about meeting the numbers.

And look how often you'd have to do it to KEEP your paid-as-status? If she only submits every-other month, you'd have to do it every-other month to keep your paid-as-status at Director, right? You'll keep your title, but not your paid level.Just continue working on building your team, and then you won't have to stress over it anymore. :DCongrats! You'll make it!

scottcooks said:
A friend I met in my 2nd year in Pampered Chef said she "bought her directorship" and had 4K of PC in their basement. It's a slippery slope at best, and you end up with a basement like that. Don't go there...IMHO

My old director did something like this.:yuck:

Shelly Flanagan said:
I agree with ALL of you...just wanted some "words of wisdom" to say to my upline on why I WILL NOT WORK THIS WAY. I have a great team and I plan on building it bigger and bigger. I know God will give it to me when HE is ready, not when my upline is. lol.
I love this site and I love you guys too!
Thanks!!!

You don't have to explain anything to her. Simply say, "Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the "option" and I'll give it some thought". Period. When she sees you didn't do it or asks if you will, you can reply "I prefer to earn it and will just wait until the team gets to that point. That way, I know my promotion was hard earned and it'll be sweeter and more meaningful for me".

From a consultant's point of view ... I would be very uncomfortable with this as well. Not only for the confusion over warranty issues .... but I would feel like it would be undue pressure from my leader! As if I'm the only thing keeping her from being a director? I don't always submit every month but have never lost career sales and I'm fine with that! I would just build the team stronger so you will have more over-rides and are not in danger of losing your status if a consultant misses the mark!

The are also income tax issues!

you would be creating a house of cards ultimately. If it cant sustain itself it is not meant to be right now.

I agree with the above poster who said she would not want to know she was the one that was the reason her director was not meeting her guidelines. It would make me feel bad and like a failure, honestly. And I know I'm not, even though for a couple of months I didn't submit any. But I'm back on track and now going to try recruiting, have always just concentrated on booking shows!

OOOO WHAT LAURIE SAID! Thems there fighten words! I love the way things can be said that make you feel good about the decision you made but also puts a slight knife edge to making the other person know you think what they did was bad! I had a boss once that would ask her crew for ideas about ways to improve things. Then she would present them as her own to her bosses. We got even. When one of her bosses came to us with an implementation of one of the ideas, he mentioned the premise and we all took turns filling in all the blanks. In way more detail than she gave him. Needless to say, she looked pretty darn stupid to everyone after that. In fact, she left the company a few weeks later. OOPS! In other words, not doing the right thing usually comes back and bites you in one way or another. Whether it be through loss of a job, loss of respect of others or simply by letting yourself down. Our lives are to short and too many other people try to screw them up for us. We can't afford to do it to ourselves!

scottcooks said:

Amen. I agree--don't do it.

I have to say I agree with all this good advice. And, when you said this made you uncomfortable, I take that as you telling yourself "No way is this a good idea so don't do it"...lol Doing things wrong will always come back to bite you in the rear...it might take awhile, but it will happen.

I'm new to this board, very sorry to ask but what was the person (Director) doing? I'm not sure if there's an attachment but I didn't see one.

Thanks

The original poster removed her post. Basically it was suggested that she turn in shows in the name of inactive consultants on her team.

Oh wow! Thank you raebates....never even thought of ever doing anything like that. Seems like too much work to me, and yeah, very much like cheating.

Last edited:

Related to Is Using Raebates Considered Cheating? TIA

1. What do you mean by "cheating" in terms of Pampered Chef products?

When we say "cheating," we are referring to shortcuts or techniques that may make cooking or baking easier and save you time in the kitchen. Our products are designed to simplify meal preparation and make it more enjoyable, not to replace traditional cooking methods.

2. Are Pampered Chef products considered to be cheating in the culinary world?

No, our products are not considered cheating in the culinary world. In fact, many professional chefs use our products in their kitchens to save time and improve their cooking techniques.

3. Can using Pampered Chef products make me a lazy cook?

No, our products are meant to enhance your cooking experience and give you more time to enjoy your meals with family and friends. They are not meant to replace cooking skills or make you a lazy cook.

4. Is it possible to achieve the same results without using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, it is possible to achieve similar results without using our products. However, our products are designed to make meal preparation easier and more efficient, allowing you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your loved ones.

5. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my cooking without feeling like I'm cheating?

Our products are meant to be used as tools to enhance your cooking experience, not to replace traditional cooking methods. You can incorporate them into your cooking by using them to streamline certain tasks, such as chopping vegetables or baking perfect cookies, while still utilizing your own cooking skills and techniques.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Shelly Flanagan
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Shelly Flanagan