• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Potential Lead Worth the Time and Money?

In summary, the lead I got in May never responded to my calls or emails, so I finally got a reply today. The person said they were too busy and wanted to speak to me about a catalog show. I emailed her and she replied back telling me she was a consultant 2-3 years ago and her upline was my recruiter/director. She said we decided to chat tomorrow via phone. I'm excited to hear what she has to say.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I dunno...I got this HO lead late in May. I called and left messages...I emailed. Finally today I got a reply:

Hi Carolyn, I have not been able to call you because I have been so busy. I would like to have a catalog show. If you can send me about 5 to 6 catalogs. I already know about the products as I was a consultant at one time.

Please send the catalogs to: (I blocked out her address for privacy)

C**** A****
******* street
*****, Fl 33***

Thank you

Now...I don't know how long ago she was a consultant or what her story was. HO has no record of a consultant with her name. I would like to SPEAK to someone before shipping off $2.00 worth of catalogs and paying $5 postage, kwim??

Last edited:
when did the price of 5 catalogs go to $200.00? :)

I do agree with you however, I'd want more info from her! It sounds a little fishy to me.

Kitchen Diva said:
when did the price of 5 catalogs go to $200.00? :)

I do agree with you however, I'd want more info from her! It sounds a little fishy to me.

Yo! You got a problem wit my typos??? Eh??

:::crawling back to the first post to correct it LOL::::

dannyzmom said:
Yo! You got a problem wit my typos??? Eh??

:::crawling back to the first post to correct it LOL::::

No- typos are fun...I was worried that if the price of catalogs went up that much I'd never re-sign! :)

I would email her back and tell her that you need to speak to her about the way that you handle catalog shows before you send the catalogs to her. It's all a part of your host coaching, and you do it the same for everyone!

But, as far as the name goes - she could have very well had a name change through either marriage or divorce.....

Kitchen Diva said:
No- typos are fun...I was worried that if the price of catalogs went up that much I'd never re-sign! :)
...and I'd RESIGN!!! LOL

well then thank goodness that it was just a typo! :)

I'm with Becky. I'd contact her so I could feel her out and make sure she's on the level.

ChefBeckyD said:
I would email her back and tell her that you need to speak to her about the way that you handle catalog shows before you send the catalogs to her. It's all a part of your host coaching, and you do it the same for everyone!

But, as far as the name goes - she could have very well had a name change through either marriage or divorce.....

That's exactly what I did. I'll let you know if/when I hear back from her.

Carolyn, I have spent the money on catalogs and postage with catalog shows for people that I met at SHOWS who never responded back ...at least she is interested, knows what to do and wants to collect orders!

If you don't want to send her a packet, let me know and I would be happy to take the referral! :D Joking!!!!!

Maybe she has married and changed her name since selling.

I had an HO lead that would only communicate via e-mail and would not answer my phone calls...end result:

$700 in sales, 2 SIGNED recruits.

It's worth a shot!

I would email her back and tell her you need her info to put her show on your PWS--it's your business policy to put EVERY show on your website. You'll need address, email and phone for that.

I would probably send her the catalogs etc. I had a similar situation, had left my catalog in the waiting area where I get my allergy shots. Turned out to be around $300, but she didn't want anything from me other than the products!! I think customers are getting very savy about direct sales and there are so many unethical people out there, they want to protect themselves. Do business the way she wants to do business. She might just want to make sure you're not the PC Stalker before she gets too involved with you. As far as the expense, I've put more money than that in projects that didn't pan out!!

OK...now here is funny.

She emailed me back this evening telling me she was a consultant 2-3yrs ago...here in my area...and her upline was....

...drumroll please...

....none other than...

...my recruiter/Director/former AD!!!!

Anyway - we decided to chat tomorrow via phone and I'll get her packet together and out in Monday's mail...LOL

Doesn't it flippin' figure.

Well, at least you will have some common ground and you undersatnd why she's cryptic ;)

:sing: It's a small world after all... It's a small world after all...:sing:

Wow! Interesting.

Oh, that's too funny! Hopefully when you chat with her she will see how awesome you are and maybe it will light her spark and want to sign again? She already misses PC - she wants a show....turn it into her show!

Hmmm, this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship!:thumbup:

I'm with Linda and Becky on this one. Maybe she had some weird experiences with your common upline, and that's why she quit. And once she remembers you (from meetings and things), she'll remember what a great person you are.

karma.....it is bitin' your D/AD in the hiney!!!

chefmeg said:
karma.....it is bitin' your D/AD in the hiney!!!

It sure seems that way...

I got goosebumps when I read your post about why she was being cryptic. I gotta believe it was more than coincidence that she was guided to you!

I'm tellin' ya....karma!!

I am forever telling my kids that the good AND bad they do will come back to them....Carolyn's story is proof!

chefmeg said:
I'm tellin' ya....karma!!

I am forever telling my kids that the good AND bad they do will come back to them....Carolyn's story is proof!

I can't tell you how many HO leads I have gotten who were former customers of hers...they were calling HO to get new consultants. That's sad. My most recently qualified recruit was a HO lead that had been a customer of hers but did not want to work with her. I feel badly for her...but the way she treats people sends people running for the hills.

dannyzmom said:
I can't tell you how many HO leads I have gotten who were former customers of hers...they were calling HO to get new consultants. That's sad. My most recently qualified recruit was a HO lead that had been a customer of hers but did not want to work with her. I feel badly for her...but the way she treats people sends people running for the hills.
You're lucky they are even joining your team at all since she's your upline. :eek:

BethCooks4U said:
You're lucky they are even joining your team at all since she's your upline. :eek:

Two of my more recent recruits (both of whom dealt with her in the past) second guessed signing under me when they found out she was my upline. I assured them I no longer do meetings with her and they will not ever have to deal with her.

dannyzmom said:
Two of my more recent recruits (both of whom dealt with her in the past) second guessed signing under me when they found out she was my upline. I assured them I no longer do meetings with her and they will not ever have to deal with her.
Another good reason for that recent chain of events. Good for you!

Carolyn, I was just coming to check on you on this. My upline has the same rep in our town. There have been several people in our area who didn't want anything to do w/ her. You are lucky she is in a different town. I know my friend KISRAE has had people who said the same thing.The only thing that has gone for my upline is that she has been the only stable consultant in the area. Now my dir has been in for 5 years, I have been in for 3 years. So people have more options.I hope all work outs for you!

pamperedalf said:
Carolyn,

I was just coming to check on you on this. My upline has the same rep in our town. There have been several people in our area who didn't want anything to do w/ her. You are lucky she is in a different town. I know my friend KISRAE has had people who said the same thing.

The only thing that has gone for my upline is that she has been the only stable consultant in the area. Now my dir has been in for 5 years, I have been in for 3 years. So people have more options.

I hope all work outs for you!

I don't understand...you mean the SAME person I am referring to? Or another toxic person?

dannyzmom said:
I don't understand...you mean the SAME person I am referring to? Or another toxic person?

No I mean another toxic person, believe me I feel for you. I have read some of the posts and thought how could there be another so and so. I know they are out there, I just wish there wasn't so many.

1. "How do I determine if a potential lead is worth my time and money?"

It's important to assess a potential lead based on their level of interest, availability, and potential for sales. Consider factors such as whether they have contacted you directly, if they have a specific request or event in mind, and if they have any previous experience with the products. Additionally, you may want to inquire about their budget and potential for future orders.

2. "What should I do if a potential lead has not responded to my attempts at contact?"

If a lead has not responded to your initial attempts at contact, it may be a sign that they are not as interested or available as you had hoped. You can try reaching out one more time, but if there is still no response, it may be best to move on to other potential leads.

3. "Is it worth sending catalogs to someone who has had previous experience as a consultant?"

It ultimately depends on the individual's specific circumstances. If they were a consultant a long time ago and are now interested in hosting a show or purchasing products, it may still be worth sending catalogs as a reminder of the products and current offerings. However, if they recently left the company or have shown no interest in becoming a customer, it may not be worth the time and money to send catalogs.

4. "Should I always speak to a potential lead before sending catalogs?"

In most cases, it is recommended to speak directly to a potential lead before sending catalogs. This allows you to gather more information about their level of interest and potential for sales. However, if the lead has specifically requested catalogs and you feel confident that they are a strong potential customer, you may choose to send catalogs without speaking to them first.

5. "How can I protect my time and money when dealing with potential leads?"

One way to protect your time and money is to set boundaries and prioritize potential leads based on their level of interest and potential for sales. It's also important to communicate clearly and directly with potential leads to avoid any misunderstandings or wasted efforts. Additionally, you may want to consider implementing a screening process to determine which leads are most worth your time and resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Liquid Sky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76