• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is this Beefy Enchilada Casserole worth a try?

In summary, the Beefy Enchilada Casserole is made with ground beef, enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, black beans, diced tomatoes, green chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and shredded cheese. To make it, the ground beef is first browned with onion and garlic, then mixed with the other ingredients and layered with corn tortillas in a baking dish before being topped with cheese and baked. Other types of meat can be used, or the dish can be made vegetarian. It makes about 8 servings and can be made ahead of time and reheated as leftovers.
Jen1409
It's from the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook.

Does it taste like enchiladas? I want to make it because it sounds good but DH doesn't like enchiladas

It's good, I make it all the time. I guess it depends on what your husband doesn't like about enchiladas.

LOVE this recipe!:thumbup: It's a great show demo, too. It's so quick and easy, it never fails to amaze. I often demo it with the pass around salsa and then use some of the salsa for the dish. I also double the amount of cheese and cut the amount of cilantro back to just a sprinkling. But to answer your question, I don't think it really tastes that much like enchiladas. To me, it's more like a cheesy, soft taco casserole.

CathyP said:
LOVE this recipe!:thumbup: It's a great show demo, too. It's so quick and easy, it never fails to amaze. I often demo it with the pass around salsa and then use some of the salsa for the dish. I also double the amount of cheese and cut the amount of cilantro back to just a sprinkling. But to answer your question, I don't think it really tastes that much like enchiladas. To me, it's more like a cheesy, soft taco casserole.

I LOVE this recipe too!! I use it for demos quite a bit. And I do the same thing - cut back on the cilantro and add a lot of cheese! No such thing as too much cheese.

DH does not like it. He says he can taste the salsa too much and he doesn't like Salsa. Not sure if that helps you.

I think I'm going to make it anyways and if he doesn't like it he can make himself something else :)

Related to Is this Beefy Enchilada Casserole worth a try?

What are the ingredients for Beefy Enchilada Casserole?

The ingredients for Beefy Enchilada Casserole include ground beef, enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, black beans, diced tomatoes, green chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and shredded cheese.

How do I make Beefy Enchilada Casserole?

To make Beefy Enchilada Casserole, first brown the ground beef in a skillet. Then, add the diced onion and garlic and cook until softened. Next, add the enchilada sauce, black beans, diced tomatoes, green chilies, and spices. Simmer for a few minutes. In a separate baking dish, layer corn tortillas and the meat mixture, repeating until all ingredients are used. Top with shredded cheese and bake in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use ground turkey or chicken in place of ground beef for this recipe. You can also make it vegetarian by using a meat substitute or adding extra beans and vegetables.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 8 servings, depending on the size of your casserole dish and how large you cut the portions. It can easily be doubled for a larger crowd or halved for a smaller group.

Can I make this ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble this casserole ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the casserole is cold when going into the oven. Leftovers can also be stored in the fridge and reheated for a quick and easy meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • soulsing
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • gailz2