• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This a Good Email to My Director?

S
sfdavis918
As many of you know my director really isn't too "into" her business. Actually, that's probably the wrong way to say it. She isn't really "into" the training/consultant support part of her business. So I have decided to take things into my own hands a bit. I only have one recruit, but this is definitely a business for her too and she would like to make it her sole means of contribution to her family income. So I have looked into a county fair and want to book it but need to share costs with other consultants. Also, we never have cluster meetings so my recruit and I would like to start getting together once a month for training.

So before I hit send, let me know what you think about this email:

I am working on getting a booth for the Home and Garden show in Santa Rosa in March. I would love to get other consultants involved and help share the costs. Would it be possible to get email addresses for all of your active consultants (and Rhonda's as well) so I can approach them about it?

Also, I was wondering if you might be willing to let us use the $50 allowance you get from Pampered Chef for fairs to use towards the cost. The total cost of the booth is $700 so any little bit will help. :eek:) I plan on doing the booth no matter what, so if it just ended up being me it would really help!!

Any word on the cluster meeting? If not, do you get materials from Pampered Chef to help with training ideas and such? Would it be possible to get my hands on some of it? Nicole and I would like to start having a regular meeting and I thought if we could get some "official" training material then that would really help. I hope I'm not stepping on your toes asking for this, and I hope that I'm not too big of a pain in the butt asking about the meetings all the time. I just really want my business to work out for me (as it is starting to be really profitable) and I kind of feel like I am hitting a wall with where I'm at. I really got lots of good ideas from the few that I went to back when I started. Also, if you ever want me to help with the content of a meeting (delegate something for me to talk about or put together) I would love to help with that.

I hope all is well with you and your family. We are just getting over the flu/colds, so hopefully we are done for the season!

Thanks for all your help Laura!

Thanks!

I think it is perfect. Short and to the point. I hope you get some positive feedback Keep us posted on her reply!

Sarah,

I think that is a very diplomatic email!:D

Not sure I could be as nice about it!:grumpy:

I think I would actually take out the sentence that says "I hope I'm not stepping your toes...pain in the butt". You aren't and shouldn't bring it up IMO. I'd also change the sentence that says "I just really want ..." to "I really want..." and also say "right now I'm starting to hit a wall" instead of saying "I kind of feel like..." Be direct and sure of what your saying. There is nothing wrong with asking for what you want. Again, just my opinion.

I like it. Just an FYI, though - the Director must participate in the booth in order to "legally" submit for the $50 reimbursement.

I agree with the above replies. Let us know how it turns out! I really hope you get a positive response from her. I know how frustrating it can be when you don't get the support you want or expect from those that should have given it. My Director is great and so is my Recruiter!! But others that I truly thought would help me start up my business have disappointed me.

I really do hope you get the training and support that you need. If not from her, from someone who is knowledgeable in this business! Good luck!! :)
~Vicks

My guess from what you've said is that she may send out an email to her team asking if anyone wants to participate but I am thinking she won't share their emails with you. ...I could be wrong.

I like the email with the changes JAE suggested. All you can do is try! She just might surprise you,

When I do a booth I send out an email to my director and she forwards it to the local people.

I don't see why she would not want to share the other contact info.... my director send out a rooster so that can get a hold of people rather than go through her all the time.

Personally, I do not want my email shared with people I don't know. When you have a good sized group, this can happen. Plus, I can't tell you how many times I ask people to BCC their lists so I don't get on other lists from the recipients as well as having my email found somewhere online. Email is not secure. And, there is also the possibility that there are sensitive consultants, wacky ones, ones that need special wording, etc. The director might know something the other consultant doesn't. It's just good business practice. Now, if I have something specific for one consultant (ie. I have the contact info of one of their customers from a fair - on my drawing slips there is a place to put your consultant's name), I can get the email address from my director.

I have a policy with my team that if they want to do a booth and it's a month that I don't have one, they are welcome to my $50, and I make that very clear--it's OUR money to use. I hope your director sees it the same way. I set up a booth this weekend and worked it Friday night (because I set it up with MY stuff), and will close it down Sunday night, so I can pack up my stuff.I gave all the leads to my consultant that worked it with me Friday l do so on Sunday night--I feel like it's part of my job as the leader to teach them how to get bookings this way. I hope your director sees the light!

Nanisu said:
I have a policy with my team that if they want to do a booth and it's a month that I don't have one, they are welcome to my $50, and I make that very clear--it's OUR money to use. I hope your director sees it the same way. I set up a booth this weekend and worked it Friday night (because I set it up with MY stuff), and will close it down Sunday night, so I can pack up my stuff.I gave all the leads to my consultant that worked it with me Friday l do so on Sunday night--I feel like it's part of my job as the leader to teach them how to get bookings this way. I hope your director sees the light!

FYI, you have to work the booth in order to get the $50. So, as long as you are participating like you were above, it is fine. Sorry if I sound snippy, I'm a little pissed off at FedEx.

Related to Is This a Good Email to My Director?

1. Can I share costs with other consultants for a county fair booth?

Yes, I am working on getting a booth for the Home and Garden show in Santa Rosa in March and would love to get other consultants involved to help share the costs. Would it be possible to get email addresses for all of your active consultants (and Rhonda's as well) so I can approach them about it?

2. Can we use the $50 allowance from Pampered Chef for fairs towards the booth cost?

Yes, I was wondering if you might be willing to let us use the $50 allowance you get from Pampered Chef for fairs to use towards the cost. The total cost of the booth is $700 so any little bit will help. I plan on doing the booth no matter what, so if it just ended up being me it would really help!!

3. Is there any word on the cluster meeting?

No, there is no word on the cluster meeting at this time. Do you get materials from Pampered Chef to help with training ideas and such? Would it be possible to get my hands on some of it? Nicole and I would like to start having a regular meeting and having official training materials would be helpful. I hope I'm not stepping on your toes asking for this, and I hope that I'm not too big of a pain in the butt asking about the meetings all the time. I just really want my business to work out for me (as it is starting to be really profitable) and I kind of feel like I am hitting a wall with where I'm at. I really got lots of good ideas from the few that I went to back when I started. Also, if you ever want me to help with the content of a meeting (delegate something for me to talk about or put together) I would love to help with that.

4. How is everything going with you and your family?

Everything is well with me and my family. We are just getting over the flu/colds, so hopefully we are done for the season!

5. Can you please provide feedback on this email?

Sure, I am happy to provide feedback on this email. Overall, it is well-written and clearly conveys your thoughts and requests. I appreciate your initiative in taking control of your business and finding ways to make it successful. Keep up the good work!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • heather223
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • pcsharon1