• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is there a tool for measuring pasta and cutting corn?

In summary, Crystal said that she doesn't think we have a corn cutter, but she will be sure to contact PC to make the customer's request known. She also said that the spaghetti measure is as useful as the finger guard, and that the egg slicer is also a good item. She also said that she would like a spaghetti measure and a corn zipper thing.
crissy11
Gold Member
This lady emailed me and asked if we had anything that would measure pasta to know how much to cook. I am thinking our measuring cups but I get the feeling that would be too obvious and that isn't what she is looking for.
Yesterday I got asked if we had a corn cutter.
Any help would be great before I email her back.
Crystal:confused:

crissy11 said:
This lady emailed me and asked if we had anything that would measure pasta to know how much to cook.
I think she probably means the plastic things you get with holes in it and you put the dry pasta in to measure.

I found a picture on The Myrtlewood Gallery website so you can see what I mean.

Don't think we have such a thing, but it would be a nice new product! :)

Attachments

• WWpastawhale.jpg
    WWpastawhale.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 378
Email HO about it - add it to their "things our customers would like us to sell" list :thumbup:

thank you soo much. I will let her know.
Crystal

crissy11 said:
Yesterday I got asked if we had a corn cutter.
Any help would be great before I email her back.
A corn cutter is a round blade, similar to the center of the Apple Wedger, but larger, that you run down an ear of corn to remove the kernels. As far as I know, we haven't carried such an item.

http://recipegal.com/shopping/images/pr_13025.jpg

Yep. Neither either is in our line but when folks ask for something, I tell them I will submit their idea to PC. I've actually seen several items I've suggested show up as new products (a year or so later of course) but the more folks who suggest an item, the more chance of it coming into our product line.

It's a good "customer service" ending when you have to say "no, we don't have it"...."but, I'll be sure to contact PC to make your request know to our product development team".
b

OK- that site that has the pic of the corn cutter has some other gadgets like we used to carry, in case anyone has customers looking for Magic Mops or Boil Controls. http://recipegal.com/shopping/handy-gadgets.htm

Wow, that site has some funky gadgets!

jenniferknapp said:
Wow, that site has some funky gadgets!
I love that there's a Food Chopper-like item there, and it's on the $10 and under page. Must be a piece of cr@p!

I agree! The only thing that I like is the egg slicer....it is also a wedger! Maybe ours will evolve in to that eventually...

I still drag out my old vario slicer for corn when I freeze it. I used to use it alot for my kids when they had teeth missing or had braces.
I haven't tried the new UM

I got one of those pasta measuring things free with a package of pasta, years ago. It was a hard plastic disk, shaped kinda like an artist's pallette. It had a small hole for one serving, bigger for 2 servings. I used it as a scraper, mostly.
Here is a fancy wooden spaghetti measure:http://owgd3.onewebgroup.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Vtbowl&Product_Code=KIT_Spaghetti

Here is a cool corn "zipper"
http://www.kuhnrikon.com/products/tools/tools.php3?id=207

Last edited:
Who needs to measure it? :confused: I just cook the whole bag and save the rest in a ziploc! It's left-overs for the next couple of days after that (if there's any left to begin with!):D :D :D

I have a pasta fork that has the holes in the handle to measure the servings. I love the fork, but I must admit I have never used the measuring holes. I use Ellen's method and just cook the whole bag!

I cook the whole bag, too.
A spaghetti measure seems about as useful as that new finger guard.
I was just posting links for crissy11.

Although - I could use a corn zipper thing. My son has braces and can't do cobs for a while. Also my MIL can't do cobs. I know you can just slice the kernels off with a knife, but they fly everywhere.

some of those gadgets look cool, But also CHEAP!!:yuck:

Related to Is there a tool for measuring pasta and cutting corn?

1. How can I track my order?

To track your order, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Orders" section. You will be able to see the status of your order and track its shipping progress from there.

2. Can I return or exchange a product?

Pampered Chef has a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy, which means you can return or exchange any product within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Simply contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. How do I redeem a promotion or discount code?

To redeem a promotion or discount code, simply enter the code at checkout and the discount will be applied to your order. Please note that some codes may have restrictions and may not be combinable with other offers.

4. How can I find a consultant in my area?

You can find a local Pampered Chef consultant by using our "Find a Consultant" tool on our website. Simply enter your zip code and a list of consultants near you will be displayed.

5. Can I host a party or event with Pampered Chef?

Yes, absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of party options, including in-person, virtual, and catalog parties. Contact your consultant or visit our website for more information on hosting a party and earning free products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AprilM
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AprilM
  • PCSarahjm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • babywings76