• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is there a stone thingy that removes garlic smell from hands?

In summary, the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" is a kitchen tool made of stainless steel that helps eliminate the strong smell of garlic from your hands. It works through a chemical reaction with the sulfur compounds in garlic and can be used for other strong smells as well. It is safe to be washed in the dishwasher, but hand washing is recommended. The tool can last for years with proper care, but may eventually need to be replaced.
SusanBP0129
I had someone ask me if we sell those stone looking thingys that you are supposed to rub & the garlic smell comes off your hands.... I said I did not think we sold them, but wanted to double check here.
Thanks!
PS: I told her with our garlic press, there is no need to touch the garlic, so no smell - but she still wanted the stone thingy. LOL

Nope - the "thingy" is actually a piece of stainless steel. Whenever I need to have bigger pieces of garlic and end up chopping them, I just run my hands under cold water while rubbing them on a piece of stainless steel silverware. Be careful using knives this way...rub your fingers on the dull edge!

Thanks! :)

SinkYou can also rub your hands against the sink if you have a stainless steel sink! :)

Or are stainless steel mixing bowls!!!

The Garlic Press works the same as those little stones! Use it for your garlic then use it for your hands!! And if that isn't enough use some Lemon & Rosermary Hand Soap!

I love that most of our tools have more then one use!

thanks!
erinyourpclady said:
The Garlic Press works the same as those little stones! Use it for your garlic then use it for your hands!! And if that isn't enough use some Lemon & Rosermary Hand Soap!

I love that most of our tools have more then one use!

oooooooooooh! great tip! thanks!! I didn't think of that!! :)

What is the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy"?

The "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" is a kitchen tool designed to help eliminate the strong smell of garlic from your hands after handling it while cooking.

How does the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" work?

The "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" is made of stainless steel and works through a chemical reaction with the sulfur compounds in garlic. Simply rub the tool between your hands under running water to remove the garlic odor.

Is the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" is safe to be washed in the dishwasher. However, hand washing with soap and water is also effective and recommended.

Can the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" be used for other strong smells?

While the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" is specifically designed for garlic odors, it can also be used to remove the smell of onions, fish, and other strong foods from your hands.

How long does the "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" last?

The "Garlic Smell Remover Thingy" is made of durable stainless steel and can last for years with proper care. However, it may eventually lose its effectiveness over time and may need to be replaced.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shannen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • gailz2