• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silver Coin to Wash Garlic and Onion Smell??

In summary, the Silver Coin is a special type of stainless steel that can effectively remove strong odors when rubbed between hands or against utensils. It can be used for other types of food odors and is designed to last for years without losing its properties. The coin can be washed with soap and water or put in the dishwasher and is safe to use on all types of cookware, except for delicate or decorative items.
Shannen
A guest at a recent show asked me if we still have this silver coin that her mom raves about. She said that you wash your hands with it and it gets rid of the smell from even garlic and onions. Has anyone heard of this?

I've heard of them. If PC ever carried one it was before my time.

Shannen said:
A guest at a recent show asked me if we still have this silver coin that her mom raves about. She said that you wash your hands with it and it gets rid of the smell from even garlic and onions. Has anyone heard of this?

I have heard of wiping your hands on stainless to rid the smell...like the kitchen sink.

Bed Bath & Beyond sells one...but it looks like a bar of soap.

That was one of the alternate uses for the Boil Control. But you can do the same thing with any piece of stainless steel. I tell my guests to grab a spoon from their silverware drawer, instead of buying something special that doesn't do anything else.

Martha Stewart carries this bar of soap and I recently saw a TON of these on clearance at our Macy's.

I have heard of thi sin th epast and think Pc used to sell a bar. Since then I have always rubbed my hands on my sink, but recently a customer of mine told me she rubs her hands on the garilc press to rid her hands of the smell. I thought it was a great idea!!!

I tell folks to use the garlic press--just rub their hands over the handle.

1. How does the Silver Coin remove garlic and onion smell?

The Silver Coin is made of a special type of stainless steel that is known for its ability to neutralize strong odors. When rubbed between your hands or against a utensil, the coin's metal ions bind with the sulfur compounds in garlic and onion, effectively removing the smell.

2. Can the Silver Coin be used for other types of food odors?

Yes, the Silver Coin can be used to remove odors from other types of food, such as fish or strong cheeses. It can also be used to remove smells from your hands after handling items like raw meat or fish.

3. How long does the Silver Coin last?

The Silver Coin is designed to last for years. It does not wear out or lose its odor-eliminating properties over time. As long as it is used and stored properly, it can be used for many cooking adventures to come.

4. Can the Silver Coin be washed?

Yes, the Silver Coin can be washed with soap and water after each use. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

5. Is the Silver Coin safe to use on all types of cookware?

The Silver Coin is safe to use on all types of cookware, including non-stick pans. It will not scratch or damage the surface of your cookware. However, we do recommend avoiding using it on delicate or decorative items, as it may leave slight marks on these surfaces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • slapsappyhappy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • RossDeb2