• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the HWC Coupon Holder the Most Popular Item This Month?

servings spatula is really cute, but people are already buying the green one. I think maybe they could do a different color for the mini, like purple?
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I have not sold one pink HWC item this month (3 parties so far). The only item my guests are asking me about is the coupon holder, but they have to buy $60 to get this.

I wish the coupon holder was availabe to purchase.

Everyone loves the Shoe, but the comments i get is the $17 is too high...really?

Anyone else having issues?

I find a general lack of interest in or excitement for the HWC products this year. People are not aiming for $60 to get the coupon holder for free. Many are not couponers so write it off immediately. They think the shoe cake cutter is cute but too expensive. No interest in the zebra stripes. I've sold a pink paring knife.

I also think that it is no longer unique to have special pink products. It seems like everywhere you turn there are pink products raising money for breast cancer. That's great, but it makes what we do no longer unique. Time for PC to come up with another approach to this.

Becca_in_MD said:
I find a general lack of interest in or excitement for the HWC products this year. People are not aiming for $60 to get the coupon holder for free. Many are not couponers so write it off immediately. They think the shoe cake cutter is cute but too expensive. No interest in the zebra stripes. I've sold a pink paring knife. I also think that it is no longer unique to have special pink products. It seems like everywhere you turn there are pink products raising money for breast cancer. That's great, but it makes what we do no longer unique. Time for PC to come up with another approach to this.
Or at least better products. They weren't that exciting to me. I don't use a cake cutter- and the rest of the items are similar to other items I have just a different color, so I didn't spend the money.
So I guess that begs the $64,000 question - what WOULD be better Pink Products for them to try? What would you like to see in the future- new or classics or a mix.
Maybe if we come up with a good list, we can suggest it to them somehow! I know at conference, they had a place you can write product suggestions - least they did in the past.

The coupon holder is definitely in demand! But, I have been quite successful in getting people to buy $60 so they can get it free and since PC still donates the $1, it seems to make them more willing to buy an extra product to get to the $60. The absolute only other pink product I've sold (I've had 4 shows so far) is the pink paring knife. My guess is that they love the green knives so they don't have a problem getting the pink one. I would have thought the microfiber towel would have been a big hit but I've been wrong so far.

I loved the pink and white twixit clips. Perhaps a pink mix n scraper or collapsible bowl. I have an older HWC apron I've been wearing at my shows. Everyone seems to want that!

esavvymom said:
So I guess that begs the $64,000 question - what WOULD be better Pink Products for them to try?

I would suggest some of their already popular items, but in pink - these are items that are not hard to sell & seem to be good price points:

Mix 'n Chop - maybe even just make the handle pink, b/c I'm not sure how the pink would hold up on the chopping part - it might start to look a little "icky" after awhile.

Mini-Serving Spatula - people LOVE to buy these - it would be really cute with a pink handle instead of the ordinary black. This is something I think people would order, even if they already have one at home. I'll bet people would order multiples - just to have on hand to gift out. And, at $5, it's a GREAT price point :)

1-cup Prep Bowls w/ PINK lids

I think it would be fun if each year they can out with a new HWC apron. Last year's was quite popular - it could kind of be like the RUFTH trivet. But, make it available for purchase.

I was tempted to get the towel, but my DH hates them. With rough hands, they don't feel very nice. :D

I have people asking about the older HWC items all the time. Specifically, the pink nylon lettuce knife, the daisy plates, and the tiny pink spatula. Maybe having those back would be good at some point.

The new Mini Scraper would be cute in pink. I like the idea of the bowl lids, and a new apron for guests to purchase!

I agree, I have gotten ZERO interest in the HWC products and I also agree that there is a pink ribbon on EVERYTHING now (even salsa at the grocery store!) so maybe it's not so much of "big" thing anymore.

Someone had mentioned last year about doing a collapsible bowl in pink. I personally had great success w/ the pink mini measure all, the pink bar board and the nylon lettuce knife.

esavvymom said:
Or at least better products. They weren't that exciting to me. I don't use a cake cutter- and the rest of the items are similar to other items I have just a different color, so I didn't spend the money.

So I guess that begs the $64,000 question - what WOULD be better Pink Products for them to try? What would you like to see in the future- new or classics or a mix.
Maybe if we come up with a good list, we can suggest it to them somehow! I know at conference, they had a place you can write product suggestions - least they did in the past.

I agree, I usually purchase - but did not since most were just in a different color. And, you know, the coupon holder is the one item that DID interest me!

I think that products we currently DON'T have would be good. In the past, I have been more likely to purchase items I cannot get from the current catalog in any color.

I was willing to buy the mini-measure cup last year - no matter what the price - since I could not get it any other way. (Of course, we have it now in clear).

So, my vote would be for maybe some high demand discontinued products in pink - or new products all together.

Think about some new items that we have had...

What if they had released the new Mini Mix-N-Scraper in PINK for HWC instead of introducing it as a new Spring Product. Or the tie-ins (those things in green & black) - in PINK! Then they could have released the "plain" versions as new products in the Fall Season. Or even the measuring spoons! They could have been in a translucent pink plastic.

I think the HO should research the most popular pink products and bring them back in the next couple of HWC campaigns. I, too have had little success with the current items. I like the towel, but I can't stand using it because of my rough skin on my hands. I liked the martini glasses last year and the twixit clips and sold a LOT of the tomato knives. I still get people wanting to buy the one that I earned!

Funny, I just told someone today that the HWC products this year have generated a lot of interest. My customers love the pink zebra stripes, especially the spreader and the towel. The coupon holder has been popular with my hosts, but I've had a few people who have added a bit to their orders to get it. Every year the products either click with my customers ,or they don't. This year's are.Oh, and my best customers for the cake server are MK consultants. :)

I am looking forward to getting my coupon holder and the shoe cake cutter is cute, but expensive and not really something that I would use enough to justify having it as well as the many PC cake cutters, lifters I have already. I have always really liked the HWC products, but this year the zebra pattern really turned me off. I had some customers who loved it and others who, liked me, wished it was something more neutral. Zebra pattern just doesn't fit my decor.
Ashley

I used the high heel cake server for my daughters baby shower the end of March (I earned them all) since my daughter was having a girl. I got a few orders for them at that time and just got them in. My guests were so excited once they saw it "in action". A lot of people, including my NED, didn't even realize the heel came off.

I am just interested in your opinions.....do you think the pink breast cancer theme is being pushed too much lately by too many companies? I ask because I didn't realize until someone pointed it out just how many items there are with Susan G Komen or The Breast Cancer Foundation or the Avon Walk on them. Or how many ads you see!

tys1031 said:
I am just interested in your opinions.....do you think the pink breast cancer theme is being pushed too much lately by too many companies? I ask because I didn't realize until someone pointed it out just how many items there are with Susan G Komen or The Breast Cancer Foundation or the Avon Walk on them. Or how many ads you see!

I think it's been WAAAAAYYY over done. Not that supporting research and education for breast cancer has been over done, but the whole pink ribbon thing is overdone. On our street, several people even have pink garbage containers with white ribbons on the side. It's gotten to the point where it's been diluted and now it doesn't mean much anymore. IMO. ;)

I don't think so, Kisha. After all, you didn't know. Some people will respond to the pink and the ACS donations; some won't. All we can do is make the offer.

None of the products really tripped my trigger this year either, but they started to grow on me. I love the microfiber towels and thought a pink one would be fun (and fun to have at May and October shows). The server did nothing for me, but at the fundraiser I had this weekend I sold at least 6. A lot of the guests were buying one for them and one for a gift. I guess of all the items it's the least crazy striped....As for the coupon holder... as a couponer, I'm a little disappointed it's not bigger/more expandable. It's not going to hold my stash very well. But, I want to carry that thing in the grocery store and hopefully get some attention for it as a PC conversation starter! At that same show where the servers were so popular I had 4 people earn the holder and one woman (who placed a $200 order!) even said at the beginning she wanted to be sure she spent enough to get that (ha!). I love some of the ideas that were kicked out for future pink products - hope to see them offered someday!

I've only had two parties. Sold several at the first but none at the 2nd. My first host even picked the 60% off pink items.I want a pink collapsible bowl!!

So the list so far:pink & White Twixit clips
Pink Mix-n-Scraper
Pink Collapsible bowl
HWC Aprons
Mix-n-Chop
Mini-serving spatula
1-cup Prep bowls w/pink lids
Nylon Lettuce Knife (bring back)
Daisy Plates (bring back)
Tiny Pink Spatula (bring back)
Bar board (bring back)
Mini-measure all (bring back)
Mini mix-n-scraper
Tie-ins in pink/white
Measuring spoons
Martini Glasses (bring back)
Tomato knives (bring back)
Pink SA Appetizer PlatesUpdated:
Pink Measuring Cups AND Pink Measuring Spoons
Pink Handy Scraper (love this one!!)
Just thought of as typing this list:
Pink Recipe collection (book- like a SB) - they had a collection of recipe cards, but I prefer book-types.I will keep an eye on this thread, and I will put them together and try to find a way to send to HO and just say that a group of consultants were discussing this and putting our heads together. These are the ideas.

Last edited:
Love the pink Collapsible Bowl idea!Pink SA Appetizer Plates
Pink Measuring Cups AND Pink Measuring SpoonsI also think the pink fans would go crazy over a pink food chopper and a pink can opener!

How about a pink handy scraper. My customers loved the purple one and I did too. Made it super easy to find in the drawer. I like the pink can opener idea!

I thought I was the only one not selling many HWC products. I sold one cake slicer and one paring knife. But like the rest of you, had lots and lots of customers spend $60 to get the coupon organizer.

I would also like to see new aprons every year, some pink scrapers, and perhaps the whole collection of colored knives in pink each year--and maybe a special price if they bought the whole bundle of knives. Pink dots glasses would go very well with some of my customers, too.

I like the idea of a Pink HWC Seasons best with Pink recipes in it (in a book/not cards). We definately have some good ideas here :)

What about grinders set/stand with pink tops/base - with the option of buying the pink tops/stand for those PC customers that already own the grinder set.

pink cool-n-serve (may not be cost justified);

I have 2 coupon organizers if anyone is needing them. (still in package)
had 2 customers not like them

I thought I was the only one not telling the HWC stuff. Even my Grem whose a Breast Cancer survivor wasnt thrilled with the stuff. I do keep getting asked when they are coming out with the pink tomato knives again my Grem wants to buy one for each of the girls in our family. Love the list of ideas I would definately love the Collapsible bowl and mini serving spatula in pink.

the pink super swat would have been a HUGE hit.. still have people wanting that thing

Each season I seem to struggle selling the HWC items. Even if I love them and rave about them, they just don't sell. I did sell a few pink Tomato knives when we had them. I talk about them at my shows, promote them on FB, send out info in my newsletter, do my own show promoting them, but I always strike out. :( Granted I only do a couple shows a month, so I'm not in front of that many people to promote it to. And not everyone opens my newsletter, soo....This year's items did not thrill me either, though. You know what I'd love? I pink nylon mini serving spatula. I'd really like one in black to match the others, but if they would come out with it in pink first, I think it would be novel enough and cute and inexpensive and people would get them. Other pink items I would be excited about:pink towels--NOT microfiber. Perhaps the bamboo prep towels or the material of our striped ones.
Pink flexible cutting mats, cutting boards
Pink Tomato knife again
Pink Collapsible bowl is a really great ideas you guys mentioned earlier!
Pink Measuring spoons
Pink mini Scraper
Pink Tie-its
Pink recipe cookbook--not cards
Pink apron--perhaps even a kids apron--lots of little girls would love that!

I would like a PINK MAgic Mop....

I love the ideas on here...hope someone from PC is looking at some of these awesome ideas.

Lisa

My coupon holder (that I earned in the consultant promotion) looks awful. All I have done is display it. The edge next to the velcro is frayed and strings are sticking out all over- and I haven't even velcroed it to the other side and pulled it apart! HO is making me return it to get a new one! I told the guy HWC month will be over before I get it back!
I also struggle to sell the Pink products. I had a co-worker who IS a Breast Cancer survivor tell me they don't match anything in her kitchen. My boss's wife who has the gene and lost several family members doesn't like pink ribbon stuff at all.

dme.grant said:
I have people asking about the older HWC items all the time. Specifically, the pink nylon lettuce knife, the daisy plates, and the tiny pink spatula. Maybe having those back would be good at some point.

I seem to sell more in October on my PWS when they offer the retired HWC products. We had white measuring spoons with pink numbering a long time ago and those were very popular. So now, maybe the adjustable spoons with a pink slider would be a good seller.

Everyone loved the pink tomato knife. Have not sold any HWC products so far and have only had a couple of people get the coupon holder. Hope they are in better shape than yours, Janet.

Teresa Lynn said:
I have 2 coupon organizers if anyone is needing them. (still in package)
had 2 customers not like them

Teresa I'm VERY interested in getting these if they're still available. I'd love them for my MIL (breast cancer survivor) and my SIL. How much do you want for them?

I would love pink:
Quikut paring knives
Twix-its (again...different shades of pink though...no white)
i-slice
easy openerThe less expensive items that even if you have one, you may like another (or several). I think that was part of the problem this year. Not everyone loves the zebra print and everything was pricier (harder to get it if you have one already in another color).

LOVE the idea of the collapsible bowl! And the mini-spatula with a pink handle. Also the new mini spatula in pink would be really cute - if they can make them cranberry, they can make them PINK!

my friend the other day said she wanted a pink sanoku knife.

As I sit here drinking my morning coffee, wouldn't a nice pink mug be nice--they could design HWC on one side and PC on the other, or just put the info on the bottom. These could be sold in a set.

As several other people mentioned I don't like the feel of the Micro Fiber towels but the pink sweetheart dish towels that were a February Host special several years ago were popular. I drank my morning "latte" out of a dots pink mug. The same daisy pattern as the plates a couple of years ago in a mug would be nice. Love the idea of a pink I-slice, easy opener, or the new mini mix and scrape we got this season!

gailz2 said:
As I sit here drinking my morning coffee, wouldn't a nice pink mug be nice--they could design HWC on one side and PC on the other, or just put the info on the bottom. These could be sold in a set.

They did have a pink one with white dots and a small square plate to go with it.

So far I have had pretty good luck with the HWC products. I have sold at least 7 of the cake servers! That is what everyone wants when I show them. I also get tons of comments about want to just buy the coupon holder.

Love the idea of pink collapsible bowls, and the mini serving spatula as well as a pink HWC coffee mug or mug set even. I think bringing back the tomato knife is a great idea too. I ordered a few extra of those last year and gave them special to hostesses in October. I had so many people wanting to buy them and was bummed I could not sell them then! I really liked the tote bags we had last year too. I use mine all the time. My kids take their stuff to the pool in them and I use them to carry stuff to my shows. MAybe another sort of tote would be nice too?

I think you're either a pink person or you're not. I'm not. i have a few things, but I won't buy something JUST because it's pink generally.

esavvymom said:
So the list so far:

Updated:
Pink Measuring Cups AND Pink Measuring Spoons
Pink Handy Scraper (love this one!!)

Just thought of as typing this list:
Pink Recipe collection (book- like a SB) - they had a collection of recipe cards, but I prefer book-types.

I will keep an eye on this thread, and I will put them together and try to find a way to send to HO and just say that a group of consultants were discussing this and putting our heads together. These are the ideas.

I wonder if they could make a pink nylon serving knife!

I use my coupon holder as my "envelope system" from Dave Ramsey's "program". I talk about that in my shows and MANY people are on an envelope system and love the idea. Plus, I also tie that into how I am using my PC cash to help pay off debt. :)

I have had two parties - NO ONE WANTS ANY OF THEM! The word HATE was even said by several of the ladies. So...

Liquid Sky said:
I use my coupon holder as my "envelope system" from Dave Ramsey's "program". I talk about that in my shows and MANY people are on an envelope system and love the idea. Plus, I also tie that into how I am using my PC cash to help pay off debt. :)

What is the dave ramsey envelope system?

Becca_in_MD said:
I find a general lack of interest in or excitement for the HWC products this year. People are not aiming for $60 to get the coupon holder for free. Many are not couponers so write it off immediately. They think the shoe cake cutter is cute but too expensive. No interest in the zebra stripes. I've sold a pink paring knife.

I also think that it is no longer unique to have special pink products. It seems like everywhere you turn there are pink products raising money for breast cancer. That's great, but it makes what we do no longer unique. Time for PC to come up with another approach to this.

Ditto what she said. 4 show already in May and only 4 HWC items sold...and nobody is interested in bumping up their order for the coupon holder. I feel awful as I usually sell HUNDREDS of HWC items each year :(

Dotty said:
I wonder if they could make a pink nylon serving knife!

We've already had one a couple years ago. (I still use mine in my kitchen) So yes - they could always bring it back. That was a popular HWC item.

dannyzmom said:
Ditto what she said. 4 show already in May and only 4 HWC items sold...and nobody is interested in bumping up their order for the coupon holder. I feel awful as I usually sell HUNDREDS of HWC items each year :(

That's about what I've sold in 4 parties also. Everyone ohhhs, and ahhhhs over how cute the shoe is, but I have yet to sell one. I've sold a couple paring knives, and a microfiber towel.

In this era of crazy extreme couponing, what I keep hearing is that the coupon holder isn't big enough.

ChefBeckyD said:
In this era of crazy extreme couponing, what I keep hearing is that the coupon holder isn't big enough.

Yes, I've heard that from the couponers, too.

Teresa, if you did not sell the coupon holders, I'm interested in one!

<h2>1. Is the HWC coupon holder the most popular item this month?</h2><p>It depends on the individual sales and parties. While some consultants may have seen an increase in sales for the HWC coupon holder, others may have not. It also could vary based on the preferences of the guests at each party.</p><h2>2. Why haven't I sold any pink HWC items this month?</h2><p>There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to the preferences of your guests, the timing of your parties, or the availability of the pink HWC items. It's important to offer a variety of products at each party to appeal to different tastes and budgets.</p><h2>3. Why do guests have to buy $60 to get the coupon holder?</h2><p>The HWC coupon holder is a promotional item that is only available to guests who make a purchase of $60 or more. This is a way for Pampered Chef to incentivize customers to make a larger purchase and receive a bonus gift.</p><h2>4. I wish the coupon holder was available to purchase. Can I buy it separately?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the HWC coupon holder is only available as a promotional item and cannot be purchased separately. It is a limited edition item and may not be available in the future.</p><h2>5. Why do some guests think the price of the Shoe is too high?</h2><p>The price of the Shoe may seem high to some guests, but it is a high-quality and durable product that is designed to last. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee, so customers can be confident in their purchase. As a consultant, you can highlight the benefits and features of the Shoe to help customers see the value in the price.</p>

1. Is the HWC coupon holder the most popular item this month?

It depends on the individual sales and parties. While some consultants may have seen an increase in sales for the HWC coupon holder, others may have not. It also could vary based on the preferences of the guests at each party.

2. Why haven't I sold any pink HWC items this month?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. It could be due to the preferences of your guests, the timing of your parties, or the availability of the pink HWC items. It's important to offer a variety of products at each party to appeal to different tastes and budgets.

3. Why do guests have to buy $60 to get the coupon holder?

The HWC coupon holder is a promotional item that is only available to guests who make a purchase of $60 or more. This is a way for Pampered Chef to incentivize customers to make a larger purchase and receive a bonus gift.

4. I wish the coupon holder was available to purchase. Can I buy it separately?

Unfortunately, the HWC coupon holder is only available as a promotional item and cannot be purchased separately. It is a limited edition item and may not be available in the future.

5. Why do some guests think the price of the Shoe is too high?

The price of the Shoe may seem high to some guests, but it is a high-quality and durable product that is designed to last. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee, so customers can be confident in their purchase. As a consultant, you can highlight the benefits and features of the Shoe to help customers see the value in the price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kaseydee
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom