• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, so This Host Sent Out Her Own Evites..and You'll Never Believe

In summary, the conversation focused on a concern about the wording on the evite for a Pampered Chef party, where the host mentioned that guests did not have to buy anything and could just come for entertainment. The consultant receiving the evite expressed worry about not being able to sell products and suggestions were given to address this concern, such as reminding guests about the benefits of hosting a party and offering outside orders. Some individuals also shared their experiences as previous hosts and how they handle the issue of guests feeling pressured to buy. Overall, the conversation concluded that the consultant should not worry and let the party unfold naturally, as most guests will end up purchasing something or booking a future party.
Nanisu
Gold Member
WHAT SHE SAID!! First of all, it's HWC show and she already sent out evites--normally a good thing, right? This is her wording "Ladies, come and let me Pamper you--wear your cutest pink shirt or shoes. Pampered Chef will be offering items only available in May and the proceeds goes to help fight breast cancer. Come and have fun, don't feel like you have to buy anything, just come and have a good time. Bubbly will be served".

Um, OK, she at least did mention the HWC items, but....I struggle with the "come and be entertained and don't feel you have to buy anything"--I know, I know, it's MY job to sell them the products....yet still....I'm not the entertainment for the afternoon, I'm not the caterer. I told her I would get invites to her in plenty of time--she sent hers out two months early! While I was gone! So I need to find a way to gently host coach her and tell her politely to use different wording on her reminders, otherwise I am going to have a house full of tipsy women who didn't plan on spending any money.

Suggestions?????

It happens once in a while. Don't worry, they will still buy!

I personally think you will be okay. People know what these things are about and will buy if they want to buy. Like you said, you just have to sell to them. You have to make them want it.

I always feel people come expecting to either spend a certain amount or not buy anything at all. I like it when they want everything!

I started using those stickers you can get from Merrill where they can mark the pages of things they want. They work great!

wadesgirl said:
It happens once in a while. Don't worry, they will still buy!

I agree! I think people who actually come to the cooking show come expecting to purchase something. And just think, the bubbly may work in your favor! ;)

Plus they may book a show to save themselves money. You never know!

Whether she said it on the Evite or not, you know hosts are ALWAYS saying this behind our back anyway. I would start off the show by saying "I know XXX told you that you didn't have to buy anything, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't share with you ALL the WONDERFUL things that Pampered Chef has to offer..." or something to that effect, and then throw in the usual stuff about hosting to save $$, etc.

Maybe I am the crazy ones...but I actually tell the guests at my show there is no obligation for them to buy. I do not want anyone who is having rough times to miss a girls night out cause they cannot afford to buy. To be honest, it usually loosens them up and I think they buy even more!

I would coach her on outside orders and stuff, and that will help you to have a decent show. Once they get there, they will buy.

I hosted shows for 8 years before becoming a consultant. I always told my guests that they didn't have to buy a thing, just come and have fun. Most bought. Some didn't. My shows were $600 to $800. As a consultant, I let people know it's okay not to buy. I hand out order forms toward the end of the show. At that time I say, "If you're not ordering tonight, just put the order form in your kit. I'll use it at the next party."Many people who don't order book shows. People who don't make either choice now will remember me as a safe, low-pressure person to deal with. That's helped me to create a really loyal customer base.

Last edited:
I don't think you really have to worry about it either. Personally, I wouldn't say anything to her about what she's already done, because she might perceive it as a criticism and may cancel the show or be angry. Either way, it could back fire. I agree with everyone else that even though she stated that, when people get there, they will see many things that they will really want and even if they didn't plan on buying, they will!!! Or, book a show so that they can!!
I don't know if I would reiterate what the host said on the invitations....but that's your call there. There used to be some old stickers that said, "If the checkbook says NO, book a show!" Perhaps you could go with that angle!
Again, I do think you are ok, and personally, I would not call attention to it with the host or the guests.

c00p said:
I don't think you really have to worry about it either. Personally, I wouldn't say anything to her about what she's already done, because she might perceive it as a criticism and may cancel the show or be angry. Either way, it could back fire. I agree with everyone else that even though she stated that, when people get there, they will see many things that they will really want and even if they didn't plan on buying, they will!!! Or, book a show so that they can!!
I don't know if I would reiterate what the host said on the invitations....but that's your call there. There used to be some old stickers that said, "If the checkbook says NO, book a show!" Perhaps you could go with that angle!
Again, I do think you are ok, and personally, I would not call attention to it with the host or the guests.

I totally agree with Andrea.

I have had guests come up to me at the end and apologize that they couldn't buy (although most just avoid me). My response is: "Did you have a good time tonight?" Always "yes". Then we talk about the show a little and I offer to get her products for free with a show or a paycheck with a business. Sometimes they take me up on it sometimes not. No matter what I thank them - now they remember me as being nice. I have gotten referrals that way too...

One of my 'line' in my intro is: Whether or not you buy anything here tonight, I am now your PC Lady. If you have questions about product you already own or need a special recipe for a special event please feel free to call me. My customer service is for everyone who loves PC, not just customers who purchase from me.

It usually goes over really well and helps everyone relax.

Don't worry, I know it's frustrating, but you will win them over!!

Wow, Crystal I really like that line. I think I am going to steal it today at my show!!! :)

PCMelissa said:
Maybe I am the crazy ones...but I actually tell the guests at my show there is no obligation for them to buy. I do not want anyone who is having rough times to miss a girls night out cause they cannot afford to buy. To be honest, it usually loosens them up and I think they buy even more!

I would coach her on outside orders and stuff, and that will help you to have a decent show. Once they get there, they will buy.

This was actually Doris Christopher's philosophy when she was first starting the business.

I would recommend to everyone to read her book - it will change the way you do business!

I like this a lot!

ChefBeckyD said:
This was actually Doris Christopher's philosophy when she was first starting the business.

I would recommend to everyone to read her book - it will change the way you do business!

Awww, that makes me so happy to hear that. Which book are you referring to? I think she has a couple now, right?

Thanks.

PCMelissa said:
Awww, that makes me so happy to hear that. Which book are you referring to? I think she has a couple now, right?

Thanks.

This is the book, Melissa - it's excellent!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0385515359/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Crystal, I say something to this effect as well, but I like your word choices. I think it has helped my booking rate as well- If I say something to this effect in my opening, it does put everyone at ease, and they are not looking for my sales pitch, but they are enjoying the show, and if they can not buy right now, they still know that I accept them, and want to service them, regardless- They do not avoid me.

Sue - I agree. I want them to know that they can buy from me later, he he, and I'm really big on the 'soft-sell'. I usually get a great response and sometimes they buy something small jusy becasue they had a fun, no-pressure evening.

It has been mentioned a lot recently for us to tell our Guests they are not obligated to buy. We have to remember we are not just there for the sales, but also for the host leads and the recruit leads. And like many have mentioned when we show we care then the ones that couldn't afford to buy will come back to the consultant who cared and refer us to their friends. One thing I have learned recently is this business is as much about customer care as it is about selling products.

I am going to continue to address the economy head on and say at my shows that my guests should not be obligated to buy but all I ask is they have fun and listen because I offer many other services they may be interested in and if nothing else they will go home with some tips and a great affordable recipe

I like all of it. I too never would say anything to that host about her wording. After all, we just want to get people there. Yes, we want sales, yes we want, we want, we want but... what I want more than anyting else, is my GOOD name out there. Do you know I have asked people about becoming consultants and actually had many tell me NO? I was shocked at the answer. It was NOT because they could not or did not want to do it but because they were afraid they could not compete with me! I look at them like they have 4 heads and ask them what do they mean "compete." The answer is always the same. It never matters to you if someone buys or not, books or not, signs or not. You treat everyone the same no matter what. I just don't think I could do that.
I just had a party on the 28th for my sister-in-law. She invited the next door neighbor. She came, ate and had a good time and left. Dennise then asked me if she placed an order. I said no she didn't. Dennise got a little upset. I looked her straight in the eye and said, hey, we don't know what is going on in her life so don't worry about it. Look at it this way, when you do your HWC thing in May, maybe she will come and buy something. She seemed to really like the plates. Dennise said, yeah. I never thought about it that way. I really do not know her that well. Ah, but you made a new friend. You treated her nicely, invited her in and I didn't preasure her. She will talk about us to other people. That is worth alot more than a purchase. And sometimes that how this thing works. I learned along time ago, I have absolutely no control over other people or their actions. So I also know it is not up to me so why loose sleep over it.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change. (other people, places or things).
The courage to change the things I can. (Me, myself and I)
And the wisdom to know the difference. (Shut up dummy and let it happen!)
Is that easy enough?

John, so true, everything you said. When I started my business, before I did 1 show, I turned my business over to God, told Him he was the CEO, and I wouldl depend on him- I wouldl not stress over sales, bookings, etc- as long as I did what I was supposed to do, and my hostess did what I expected her to do, we leave the rest to God, and it has been incredible, and a lot less stress for me and my hostesses. I tell them up front, that if they do what I ask them to do, we will have a lot of fun, and they will get LOTS of free product. It has been incredible, and I no longer stress out over it. God did remind me today though, that I have not been holding up to my end of the bargain- I have been neglecting my 3-2-1, and as my CEO- He has the right to call me to task !!

1. Can a host send out their own Evites for a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, a host can choose to send out their own Evites for a Pampered Chef party, but it is not the recommended method. Pampered Chef provides a customizable online invitation system that includes all the necessary party information and links to the host's personal website.

2. Will the host still receive credit for sales if they send out their own Evites?

Yes, the host will still receive credit for sales if they send out their own Evites. However, using Pampered Chef's online invitation system makes it easier for guests to RSVP and access the host's personal website, which can lead to more sales for the host.

3. Can the host customize the Evites sent through Pampered Chef's online invitation system?

Yes, the host can customize the Evites sent through Pampered Chef's online invitation system. They can add their own personal message, change the party date and time, and add any special instructions or requests for their guests.

4. Do guests need to RSVP through the online invitation system or can they RSVP directly to the host?

It is recommended that guests RSVP through the online invitation system provided by Pampered Chef. This ensures that the host receives all necessary information for the party and can properly prepare for the number of guests attending.

5. Can the host see who has RSVPed through the online invitation system?

Yes, the host can see who has RSVPed through the online invitation system. They will receive a notification every time a guest RSVPs, and can also log into their personal Pampered Chef website to view the guest list and any RSVP updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tedsusanjohns
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ChefCat