• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Is Something Wrong with My Child?

would use telehealth if I were you. There is a toll-free number that can connect you with a nurse. His lips are bluish, he's not eating and his extremities are purple. This doesn't sound like anything is just "going back to normal". I would definitely have him seen by a doctor as soon as possible.
This is all speculation, she never even said that she didn't have ins.

Yes, she came on here for advice, but the symptoms sounded pretty serious and after she responded a few other times with other things,(hemming and hawing is what I call it) I think the majority felt frustrated that she was coming here for help when REALLY, if you question ANYTHING about your child, let alone a baby or toddler, you should go to your doctor first. I don't think anyone was judging her, just trying to get her to realize the fact that she needed a professional's opinion. So, I think that is where the "tone" of some of the posts are coming from.

I feel that no matter what is posted by whom, that SOMEONE is going to take offense, and think that the "tone" or the whatever is sounding harsh or whatnot. I don't think anyone can really win lately. And I think some are more sensitive than others when it comes to taking apart the "tone" of a response. I think we were just being "firm" about it, there's a difference between that and being insensitive. Especially on this subject when a child's health is involved.

chefsteph07 said:
This is all speculation, she never even said that she didn't have ins.

Yes, she came on here for advice, but the symptoms sounded pretty serious and after she responded a few other times with other things,(hemming and hawing is what I call it) I think the majority felt frustrated that she was coming here for help when REALLY, if you question ANYTHING about your child, let alone a baby or toddler, you should go to your doctor first. I don't think anyone was judging her, just trying to get her to realize the fact that she needed a professional's opinion. So, I think that is where the "tone" of some of the posts are coming from.

I feel that no matter what is posted by whom, that SOMEONE is going to take offense, and think that the "tone" or the whatever is sounding harsh or whatnot. I don't think anyone can really win lately. And I think some are more sensitive than others when it comes to taking apart the "tone" of a response. I think we were just being "firm" about it, there's a difference between that and being insensitive. Especially on this subject when a child's health is involved.

I think the problem is that there is a fine line between being "firm" and being judgemental... I think recently there have been a lot of posts where people have been judgemental of others (and may just call it "having their opinion") but we have to remember that there is a real person reading the posts, and how they might feel/interpret the posts...

PS I also hope we get an up-date soon. I hope he is OK.

AnnieBee said:
I think the problem is that there is a fine line between being "firm" and being judgemental... I think recently there have been a lot of posts where people have been judgemental of others (and may just call it "having their opinion") but we have to remember that there is a real person reading the posts, and how they might feel/interpret the posts...

I agree with everything you said here!

candiejayne said:
I'm not surprised she's not responding. If I was her, I'd be mad at how some people treated her.

I missed this thread until now, but I don't think people were treating her bad at all.

She expressed concern for her child and got firm - take your child in NOW. Better safe than sorry.

Insurance or not, your child's health is NOT worth it. Would you trade a doctor bill for the life of your child? I KNOW it is a tough financial decision but has to be done...and they will work with you on covering bills.

I don't think anyone was treating her bad, just emphasizing the emergency.

As a "health care provider", I have to echo the same things, don't wait - go in.

The only response I could even remotely see as being misinterpreted is the neglect post. ...I don't think she was accusing anyone of neglect, just emphasizing that if you didn't use caution and take your child in, someone locally that is a health care provider may be obligated to report it to be looked at. She was just warning so she wouldn't have to deal with it later.

I've had 2 dear friends "investigated" for abuse. One was carrying her DD up the stairs, slipped on ice and fell. She tried to keep her safe but landed on her breaking her leg. They had to get an orthopedic doctor to testify that the break was a clean break as in a fall as happened, not the type of twisting break you'd see with abuse.

Another friend had a child with loose joints. Her elbow would pop out easily ages 3-4. She went in to the ER the first time it happened and went through so much! The pediatrician had to tell the ER that yes, it was valid, kids have it.

When she moved up here, a girl watching her child on the playground swung her by her arms and popped it out again. She dragged me to the ER (because they new me) to go in with her so she wouldn't have to deal with the hassle and I could inform them of the pre-existing condition. Luckily about 5 years later, she has grown out of it...

When health is at stake and you are so unsure that you have to ask others, best to take your child to the medical "professionals". I'd rather have them tell me I'm a paranoid mother going in that to lose a child!!!!

Based on the symptoms stated, my child would be in to a doctor!

I PMed her to follow up and apologized for the tone of some of the posts. I explained that we are all concerned and that this is a great place for PC advice but not for medical advice.

I hope she understands that we are all concerned about her and her kids and that we mean well. It just doesn't always come out all soft and pretty.

AnnieBee said:
I agree, however some people will take ANYTHING said as against them. You can powder-coat the words however you want and it is still that the world is against them.This case is VERY common to others on here...they came looking for medical advise in a non-medical forum...people stated to take the kid in. The "why are you still here, take them in"...is out of concern. I can pull 5-10 threads with the SAME statements. To Carolyn, I'm pretty sure to Linda, to others. I think everyone who has posted is worried and concerned about the child and is truly saying things in love for the child.ETA: If I was in this position, I wouldn't take them as bad...I'd hope you'd be even tougher on me...

susanr613 said:
I PMed her to follow up and apologized for the tone of some of the posts. I explained that we are all concerned and that this is a great place for PC advice but not for medical advice.

I hope she understands that we are all concerned about her and her kids and that we mean well. It just doesn't always come out all soft and pretty.

Did she ever respond back to you?

But saying things like, "I can't believe she didn't/did ..." IS judging...

I'm not saying that people were being awful, and also, I wasn't just talking about this thread.

Anyway, I've got to go. See y'all later :)

janetupnorth said:
As a "health care provider", I have to echo the same things, don't wait - go in.

The only response I could even remotely see as being misinterpreted is the neglect post. ...I don't think she was accusing anyone of neglect, just emphasizing that if you didn't use caution and take your child in, someone locally that is a health care provider may be obligated to report it to be looked at. She was just warning so she wouldn't have to deal with it later.

Thank you Janet. You are able to put things into words better than I am.

AnnieBee said:
But saying things like, "I can't believe she didn't/did ..." IS judging...

I'm not saying that people were being awful, and also, I wasn't just talking about this thread.

Anyway, I've got to go. See y'all later :)

I missed that one, so my comments weren't reflective of that happening. My comments are on the "take him in right now" posts.

I just reread the entire thread and the ONLY comment other than mentioning neglect was the [as a mother of 3, I can't understand why she didn't] - paraphrased so I don't have to go find it again.It was another mother not understanding the decision, not meant to be mean. Everything appeared to be out of concern.Now on other threads, that may not be true, but that needs to be addressed there or in a new thread because not everyone reads all threads. I didn't even see this one until about 30 minutes ago!

chefsteph07 said:
susanr613 said:

Did she ever respond back to you?

No, she has not. Now I feel bad that I wrote her.

My son is just fine now. i was to overly concernd about him i guess and i think our house was a bit cold that morning and has not happend again. he has ben waking up on his own the pas 2 days. o he is better. thank you for all of your thoughts and concerns. sorry about posting it. I will remember not to post any thing like that again. SORRY SO SORRY!!!!!!

Milkangel, don't be sorry that you posted your concerns about your son. Everyone here was very concerned about his well being and yours. No one is judging you or even meant to be mean, . . . just VERY concerned. I am so happy that he is fine. As a mother to 2 young men, I have had many times when they were ill and I just didn't realize it, but looking back, I might have acted more swiftly. That is all that everyone was trying to say. Act swiftly, even if it turns out to be nothing, because hind sight is 20/20 and no one wants a bad outcome, especially if it could have saved a life. God be with you and your family.

I'm so glad to hear he is doing better - thank you for giving us an update.

milkangel said:
My son is just fine now. i was to overly concernd about him i guess and i think our house was a bit cold that morning and has not happend again. he has ben waking up on his own the pas 2 days. o he is better. thank you for all of your thoughts and concerns. sorry about posting it. I will remember not to post any thing like that again. SORRY SO SORRY!!!!!!

You do NOT be sorry at all for seekng advice!

I am glad he is doing better.

Don't appologize for asking for help. I'm glad he's doing better!

thank you so much for letting us know that everything is ok...and so glad that everything is ok!

Don't apologize for asking help. Everyone here was just concerned b/c I think most of us are mothers, too. If you don't feel like you can go to any friends or family for advice, you can always ask people here. I'm sure everyone will give you the best advice they have, we were just all concerned about your son b/c it sounded serious!

I'm glad he is feeling better! Give him kisses from all of us!

<h2>1. Is it normal for my child to sleep for 14 hours a day?</h2><p>It is not necessarily abnormal for children to sleep for longer periods of time, especially during growth spurts or if they are recovering from an illness. However, if you notice a sudden increase in your child's sleeping habits or if they seem excessively tired, it may be worth discussing with your child's doctor.</p><h2>2. Why are my child's legs, arms, hands, and feet turning purple?</h2><p>This could be a sign of poor circulation or a decrease in blood flow to those areas. It could also be a sign of a more serious underlying condition. It is important to monitor this and speak with your child's doctor if it persists or if there are other concerning symptoms.</p><h2>3. Why are my child's feet ice cold even though he had socks on all night?</h2><p>If your child's feet are cold to the touch and they were wearing socks to bed, it could be a sign of poor circulation or a decrease in blood flow. It is important to monitor this and speak with your child's doctor if it continues or if there are other concerning symptoms.</p><h2>4. Why are my child's lips turning blue?</h2><p>Blue lips can be a sign of poor circulation or a lack of oxygen in the blood. It is important to monitor this and speak with your child's doctor if it persists or if there are other concerning symptoms.</p><h2>5. Why has my child been fussing for no reason and acting differently?</h2><p>Any sudden changes in behavior or mood should be monitored and discussed with your child's doctor. It could be a sign of an underlying issue or could be related to changes in their routine or environment. Keeping track of these changes and speaking with a medical professional can help determine the cause and provide appropriate treatment.</p>

1. Is it normal for my child to sleep for 14 hours a day?

It is not necessarily abnormal for children to sleep for longer periods of time, especially during growth spurts or if they are recovering from an illness. However, if you notice a sudden increase in your child's sleeping habits or if they seem excessively tired, it may be worth discussing with your child's doctor.

2. Why are my child's legs, arms, hands, and feet turning purple?

This could be a sign of poor circulation or a decrease in blood flow to those areas. It could also be a sign of a more serious underlying condition. It is important to monitor this and speak with your child's doctor if it persists or if there are other concerning symptoms.

3. Why are my child's feet ice cold even though he had socks on all night?

If your child's feet are cold to the touch and they were wearing socks to bed, it could be a sign of poor circulation or a decrease in blood flow. It is important to monitor this and speak with your child's doctor if it continues or if there are other concerning symptoms.

4. Why are my child's lips turning blue?

Blue lips can be a sign of poor circulation or a lack of oxygen in the blood. It is important to monitor this and speak with your child's doctor if it persists or if there are other concerning symptoms.

5. Why has my child been fussing for no reason and acting differently?

Any sudden changes in behavior or mood should be monitored and discussed with your child's doctor. It could be a sign of an underlying issue or could be related to changes in their routine or environment. Keeping track of these changes and speaking with a medical professional can help determine the cause and provide appropriate treatment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies