• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Revised Host Letter Effective for Addressing Cancellations?

might be a little too much! I'm going to go with 30 and see how that goes.30 names.To insure you have a GREAT show:I will be filling out and mailing your invitations for you. (Mailed 10-14 days before show date)Please fill out this guest list sheet and return it to me by_________________ to hold your date.If you fill in at least 30 names (including those who you want to invite via email) I will cover the postage.If you have less than 30 names I will ask that you reimburse me for the postage.Thank you so much for sharing this information! I will be updating my letters with this information!
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - after thinking through cancellations and what some others have posted about people (hosts) not realizing this is a job - I revised my host letter to put in a paragraph about that - could you please read and see what you think and offer any suggestions?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Host Letter revised.doc
    27 KB · Views: 515
I think th at you explain it very well! Great job :)

Becky,
I have a similar paragraph in my host letters...I got it from another director. I think it gently but clearly points out to them that this is our job and we take it seriously:

"Although my job is flexible and fun, it is still my means of income & my family depends on me. Therefore, if you need to reschedule, I respectfully request at least four weeks notice. That will allow me time to offer the date to someone else and not be unemployed for the evening. "

Thanks Carolyn! I like yours better and I am updating again! :D

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - after thinking through cancellations and what some others have posted about people (hosts) not realizing this is a job - I revised my host letter to put in a paragraph about that - could you please read and see what you think and offer any suggestions?
Thanks!
This is great Becky! Thank you! I saved it and I think I will be using this!

dannyzmom said:
Becky,
I have a similar paragraph in my host letters...I got it from another director. I think it gently but clearly points out to them that this is our job and we take it seriously:

"Although my job is flexible and fun, it is still my means of income & my family depends on me. Therefore, if you need to reschedule, I respectfully request at least four weeks notice. That will allow me time to offer the date to someone else and not be unemployed for the evening. "

I love the way this is written, Carolyn, I also will use this!
Thank you so much for sharing!:)

MissChef said:
This is great Becky! Thank you! I saved it and I think I will be using this!

I love the way this is written, Carolyn, I also will use this!
Thank you so much for sharing!:)

As always, I can't take credit for the wording -- I got it from someone else and then just tweaked it to fit my needs.

dannyzmom said:
As always, I can't take credit for the wording -- I got it from someone else and then just tweaked it to fit my needs.

On that note - the whole thing is something I got from someone else - I liked the format, so I just reworded and changed it to fit my needs also!:D

(Sometimes I wonder if I have ever had an original thought???:eek: )

I use one I got from my director. It's very similar to Carolyn's:

My Pampered Chef business is flexible and fun, and yet it is still my means of earning an income. If circumstances arise and you find you are not able to have our show on the scheduled date, PLEASE let me know promptly, or I will not have time to open this date to another host. If a show is canceled, I’m laid-off for that evening. My family and I appreciate it!

I'm going to start putting this with the guest list sheet, SASE and "I'm ready to be pampered" sheet (I got off here somewhere) that I will give to hsts before they get their full packet.

To insure you have a GREAT show:
I will be filling out and mailing your invitations for you. (Mailed 10-14 days before show date)
Please fill out this guest list sheet and return it to me by_________________ to hold your date.
If you fill in at least 30 names (including those who you want to invite via email) I will cover the postage.
If you have less than 30 names I will ask that you reimburse me for the postage.

A note about email invitations: Many of us have email addresses for people we know but do not have mailing addresses for. You can invite them too on your own or thru my personal Pampered Chef website. Not everyone checks their email often (you know who I mean) so if you are sending an email inv. To anyone who falls into this category I would give them a quick call and let them know you are inviting them and to watch their email.

Although my job is flexible and fun, it is still my means of income & my family depends on me. Therefore, if you need to reschedule, I respectfully request at least four weeks notice. That will allow me time to offer the date to someone else and not be unemployed for the evening.

I debated about how many names to ask for. I really want 40 but that pushy thing gets in my way.....

I really like this! What do you do if your host doesn't want to give you the addresses, and wants to send them out on their own?

amy07 said:
I really like this! What do you do if your host doesn't want to give you the addresses, and wants to send them out on their own?

I don't give them that option. I've been sending the invitations for almost two years. I can't think of anyone in that time who has told me that they would not give me the address list.

Be matter of fact and expess it as the wonderful service it is "I send the invitations and make reminder calls the day before your show." [implied: "aren't I a wonderful person for taking all that work off of your shoulders"]

Here is the last paragraph of my letter:

"I consider it a true compliment that you are having me into your home. Even though my job is a lot of fun, and hardly like “work” at all, it is still my job. I get paid for sales at every show I do, and if a show cancels on me or does not invite people it’s like being laid off. Please try to keep your original date and time. If something does come up, and you are not able to hold your show, please try to give me at least a 3-week notice, so I can try to schedule another show for that day. Please be considerate of me and responsible with your guest; I can not close a show without full payment and people are expecting their items sooner rather than later. I am looking forward to working with you and I know together we can have a GREAT party!"

1. What is a "Revised My Host Letter"?

A "Revised My Host Letter" is a personalized letter that is sent to your host after their party or event. It includes a summary of their sales, rewards earned, and any important information or updates.

2. How do I access the "Revised My Host Letter"?

You can access the "Revised My Host Letter" by logging into your Pampered Chef consultant account and clicking on the "My Hosts" tab. From there, you will see an option to view and send the revised letter to your host.

3. Can I customize the "Revised My Host Letter"?

Yes, you can customize the letter by adding a personal message or including specific details about the party or event. This will make the letter more personal and meaningful for your host.

4. When should I send the "Revised My Host Letter"?

The "Revised My Host Letter" should be sent within 48 hours after the party or event. This allows your host to receive the letter while the event is still fresh in their mind and can help with future party bookings.

5. Can I track if my host has received the "Revised My Host Letter"?

Yes, you can track the delivery of the letter by checking the "My Hosts" tab in your consultant account. The status of the letter will be marked as "sent" once it has been successfully delivered to your host's email address.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ameliasurf
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • legacypc46
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • ahinchey