• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Worth Dealing with Obnoxious Hosts in Direct Sales?

In summary, the conversation was about a host who kept delaying the closing of her show, causing frustration for the consultant. After finally getting in touch with the host, she placed a small order and the consultant expressed disappointment with the amount of commission earned. Other consultants gave advice on how to handle show closings and the conversation was briefly hijacked to discuss the consultant's avatar.
katie0128
Silver Member
Had a show for a host I met at a multivendor fair in April. Did her show May 17th... I am just closing it TODAY!:mad: :eek: Every time I called her to close it either she wanted to keep it open "because I haven't heard back from everyone" or she just wouldn't answer/return my calls.

I finally got her earlier tonight as she was leaving to take her son somewhere and said she would be gone for "just a bit" and then would call me right back. That was at 6p. At 8:45p I still hadn't heard from her and got completely fed up with the situation, so I called her cell (which of course she didn't answer) and finally said that I was closing the show tomorrow night regardless of whether I got her order or not - said it a bit nicer, but general idea.

Amazingly, she called back in about 15 minutes! And she sounded pissed. Got two additional outside orders (she made it sound like she had a BUNCH - after all that is why she didn't want to close the show) and her order, but still it only has commis. sales of $321!!!!!! I know she wanted to order a bunch of stuff, but I think she was mad at me and decided not to order it. She wouldn't even tell me what was on her wish list!

I am soooo mad that I have spent this much time on this stupid show to have so little in commissions from it. She did have three people book, so it will be interesting how those turn out... they are all really good friends of hers and I wish I could know what she says to them about all of this.

Quick, someone remind me why I shouldn't just strangle her?????:mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope the other shows turn out better. Just be sure to remind them of the closing date. I don't ask my hosts when they want to close. I tell them when we need to close and tell them to make sure they let all outside order people know the money is due before that day. Also, I tell them I need their money for the entire order by the closing date. I don't ask, and I make it sound like they have no other choice. I'm nice about it, and I explain that the orders will be delivered by such and such a date when I turn the order in by the close date. I tell the guests at the show when I'm closing and why we do it so quickly...to get the order quickly. The host hears it then too. You will do great on the next shows and count this as a lesson learned. When I first started the first time around, almost all my shows were in the $300 range. It didn't even bother me because I didn't know any better. It's good that you aren't happy with that amount. It's very motivating. Run with it!

Katie, that is so frustrating. I agree with setting a date prior to doing or even leaving the show for closing. I tend to tell my hosts that I close their shows 5-7 days afterwards. Granted sometimes it does go a little longer,but atleast they know that it can't drag on forever! Of course I learned that bit of info while trying to close all my shows in my first 30 days and everyone was dragging their feet. I was literally closing multiple shows on the last day I could submit for the extra 30 day bonus.
Relax and breathe about the other shows. I know you think that she is telling them bad things, but if they see how long she took and how long it is taking them to get their stuff I'm sure they will understand your point of view!

What I do is tell them when we need to close their shows (usually 3-4 days after the show). Then I work with them and bring them in as a partner. I ask them to tell their friends that we are closing a day before. For example, if I want to close on June 10, I have them tell their guests June 9. Then I explain that it gives your friends time to make their order with a sense of urgency because we are holding the show open for them.

HIJACK -

Kate, I've been looking at your avatar all this time and I finally have to ask -

WHAT IS IT?? It's driving me nuts not knowing :D

What can I say...I'm drawn to the weird....maybe that's why I spend so much time here...:D

Thank you, Kate! At least now I can get some sleep ;)

It was just one of those things that kept bugging me. Too much free time I guess ... It looked like a cat, but then I'd think maybe it was a person in costume. Nah. Must be a cat. Nah - what self respecting cat would wear that outfit?

Yep. Too much free time :rolleyes:

Sandy - check out the website - it is hilarious!!!

katie0128 said:
Quick, someone remind me why I shouldn't just strangle her?????:mad: :mad: :mad:

Because life in prison is a huge price to pay for a few moments' pleasure.

The good ole CS saying......Bless and Release!

1. How do you deal with an obnoxious host during a Pampered Chef party?

The best way to handle an obnoxious host is to remain calm and professional. You can try redirecting the conversation back to the products or engaging with other guests to diffuse the situation. If necessary, you can also politely excuse yourself from the party.

2. What are some common traits of an obnoxious host?

An obnoxious host may exhibit behaviors such as interrupting, talking over others, being overly pushy or aggressive, or constantly bragging about their own products or accomplishments.

3. How can an obnoxious host affect the success of a Pampered Chef party?

An obnoxious host can make other guests uncomfortable and less likely to make purchases, or even cause them to leave the party early. This can result in lower sales and a negative experience for everyone involved.

4. Can you offer any tips for dealing with an obnoxious host?

One helpful tip is to try to redirect the conversation towards the products and the benefits they offer. You can also politely remind the host that the party is about the guests and their experience, not just about making sales.

5. How can I prevent an obnoxious host from ruining my Pampered Chef party?

Communication is key - make sure to set clear expectations with the host before the party and remind them that their behavior can affect the success of the party. You can also consider offering incentives or rewards for a positive and professional hosting experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • ms_twana