• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should You Seek a New Director When Current Leadership Fails?

I
icerneaccorie
I am so fed up with my Director and her cronie. I wish I could change directors. For those who don't know my background with her the D took a recruit who was looking for me and has given me no support and who has blocked my girls from a fair booth because there was not room...but she has like 4 to 6 spots herself and 2 of her Fav girls have tow full stops and all my girl wanted was 1 four hour shift that was listed on the first calander that she sent me.
Well:
I get a call last night from my D and its all about how I was distant from her at conferance and that she didn't see why i had harsh feeling towards her blah...blah..blah... and that I didn't seem excited about walking stage and promoting yadah ..yadah.... This is from someone who only calls me at the end of the month to see what I'll be submitting and to call my girls to get them to submit. I was asked not to help her girls by inviteing them to my meetings(this is after I asked her if it would be okay) even if they live closer to me then her. She said so much crud that It messed up my whole rest of the night. Iwas in the middle of making calls and didn't finish.

I told her that I was at conferance to meet people and have fun. That I got more support from people who just met me then I had ever gotten from her. I said something about the recruit she took and she got all defensive and upset. I also said the we run our business and groups differant but that I made sure that each success that my girls made would be celebrated that I didn't play favorites and that I really didn't think she had anything I could use.
Alot more was said. But I will not be part of her team. She is just luck that she has me as a consultant. It upsets me a bit that she will benifit from my cluster...but I am determend to build a strong team and move on without her.

Sorry about the vent. But I will not quit like many of her past directors on consultants. I know why I'm in this business and I'll make it happen.

Thanks for letting me get this out. And if you ready it you Rock!
Sorry if it rambles on...i'm in a mood.

That's what we're here for!!!!Sending {{{{HUGS}}}} your way!PS: I know how you feel... I had a poopy director too.

Ida it's a good thing you have friends my blues sistah!!!

The best revenge is success.
You already go to the top of the food chain. I think you should have the big fish kindly request that she referains from calling you. It obviously breaks your stride.
Love ya, we don't need her!
((HUGS))

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I have been in a very similar situation and I have to commend you on being honest with her (whether she liked it or not). Hopefully you will get lucky and she will resign like my recruiter and then my director (honest, I didn't have hit men hired either!!)

And I LOVE your determination to succeed. Do your best to distance yourself from that negativity and don't even think of any benefit she gets from you. She can't get the best thing you have to offer and that is your own expertise. I have a FD on my team that does things differently than me and I applaud her on her success. For me, I am coming to terms that we have different styles and that is not a bad thing for either one of us. Just having my team realize that there is more than one way to do this business successfully is my goal.

Keep your focus on YOUR business, YOUR team and where you want to go.

What they all said! You have support here!

Go girl! :chef:

Good for you for telling her what you did!! Vent away!!

bethcooks4u said:
What they all said! You have support here!

Go girl! :chef:

I second that!!!

Thanks girls. I feel much better getting it out.
I will be removing myself from her. My focus is to get my girls recruiting . Thats what they want so thats my focus. I hope to have one walking at leadership.
Thanks again. You all made my night.

Ida, you rock!

How about tha Chocolate cake at your Director-celebration dinner we shared---Imagine a Big bite of it rite about now-surround yourself with positive people-and positive things will happen--xoxoxo

iteachurkid said:
Good for you for telling her what you did!! Vent away!!

I couldn't agree more!

morfia said:
surround yourself with positive people-and positive things will happen--

that be us!!!;)

morfia said:
How about tha Chocolate cake at your Director-celebration dinner we shared---

Imagine a Big bite of it rite about now-

Or maybe the "shot" of Chocolate cake before you went?;):cool:

Yikes, Ida....I am toally impressed with your honesty towards her and you vent away any ole' time! Keep your chin up and keep moving forward with your team...like Cheryl said, the best revenge is success!

Congratulations on standing up to her! I'm proud of you for not just taking her garbage and complaining about without doing anything! You go girl! We are here to support you (I hope I can contribute as much or at least a small portion of what I gain from you guys)

Ida - do you know your upline very well? I would bypass her and go to them.

Kate, I have gone to my upline. She is VERY helpful and I try not to bring this up to her, because she's known my D for years. My upline doesn't live in our area so only sees my D a few times a year. So she thinks shes wonderful.
But yes, my upline is very helpful and calls or emails the same day when I have a questions. Thats been great.

Thanks again

you can request home office coaching---go for it!!

I am so right there with ya!

My upline (the one who just demoted back down to D from AD) did not so much as congratulate me at NC for TPC or for being in the top 10 of our NEDs downline.

Another local AD friend of mine (who doesn't make a dime off of me) was hootin' and hollerin' for me - including my team in all of HER team's festivities, taking my pictures, etc. All the things one would expect from one's own upline. The last day of NC she heard thru a sister consultant of mine how I was disgusted with her...and she said something like "I've not been much of a leader at NC this year." I said "You've not been a leader at all lately...not just at NC." We left it at that.
I love our little cyber-cluster here. I can be hugely successful w/o her.

Good for you!!!
It is great that we give each other such support!
I found out on the way home why my upline didn't say boo to me for any accomplishments at NC.
Turns out that the one who whines the loudest gets everyone to listen to them. It's a long sad story that I do not wish to revisit.
I am proud of my chosen cluster and look to create that support and openness with my team.
Thanks for the inspiration :)

And you are right, we can be hugely successful with out them ;)

for those of you who have requested training/support from your upline, how do you request it without coming across as whiny or being a tattle-tale? Especially when your director is only 20 minutes from you,but your upline is in another state?

Maybe we should start another category on this forum: Directors with NO support;)

amy07 said:
Maybe we should start another category on this forum: Directors with NO support;)

LOL - seriously!!! LOL:devil:

I have an amazing Director....it's my AD that is the selfish one. She has made horrible comments to the 3 Directors she has about "replacing" them as if she had anything to do with where they are now!

As for asking for help from your up-line....my ED also lives in another state, but is more than receptive to us calling her and setting up coaching calls. I think it is worth a try to just shoot a quick email or to make a phone call and ask if she can help you. Not everyone that is a Director should be...in the sense of being management material!

1. Why are you fed up with your Director?

I am fed up with my Director because she has not provided me with the support I need, she has blocked my girls from participating in a fair booth, and she has shown favoritism towards certain consultants.

2. Can you change Directors?

No, I cannot change Directors. I am a consultant and my Director is in charge of my team.

3. What is your experience with your Director?

My experience with my Director has been negative. She has not provided me with the support and guidance that I need to be successful in my business.

4. Why did your Director call you about not being excited at conference?

My Director called me because she noticed that I seemed distant and not excited at a recent conference. She wanted to address any issues or concerns I may have had.

5. Will you continue to be part of your Director's team?

No, I have made the decision to no longer be part of my Director's team. I will continue to build my business and support my team without her.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
quiverfull7