• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Overwhelmed: A Venting Post From a Struggling Leader

you may have a few people that show up. I feel for you, it sounds like things are not going well. Mexican Chicken Lasagna sounds delicious!
imported_iteachurkid
I'm pretty bummed and so down about my business right now. I planned a sampling for tonight and invited over 55 people. I was hoping to have 3-5 people come and really looking forward to getting some new blood on my team. I haven't recruited since November and my team is non-existant...I have several $200 every other monthers and that's it. So I had two who RSVPed that they were coming. One is a recent home office lead and the other is a girl I met 2 1/2 years ago. The home office lead cancelled yesterday and the other girl called at 6:25 tonight to tell me she couldn't come. She said she has a hole in her gas line (she was just getting gas to come to my house?!?! This thing started at 6:30 and she lives 40 minutes away!). I just feel like I don't know what to do. Money is tight, but I bought stamps and made Mexican Chicken Lasagna (which I now have a whole deep covered baker of). I just feel like throwing in the towel (don't worry, I'm not going to, I just feel like it :)). Right now I have the director title but am not even a qualified director under the old plan, much less the new one and honestly don't see it happening, which is really sad for me.

My home office lead girl and I are supposed to get together on Sunday. This is good news, I know, except for the fact that she has given me weird vibes and honestly creeped me out every time we've talked. She asks me lots of personal questions (am I married, do I have kids, where do I live, etc) and has asked them all at least 3 times. She even e-mailed me (after I told her I didn't have kids twice) to find out where my kids, if I had them, went to daycare as she's moving close to where the school I teach is. I honestly want someone to come with me on Sunday, but at the same time, think I'm being silly. We are meeting in a public place, I mean what could she do?!?! AHHH...

And then (I'm sorry this is so long for those of you still reading), my Exec lost her status April 1st. One of the directors on our team lost her director status by a measly $63 which put us under 8 directors going into the new plan. Now, my exec is not at all pushy (at all), but other directors on our team are really trying to motivate each other to get our structure in place by June 1st so we can have our banquet at conference. I want to so bad for her, but not for me. And after tonight, I just don't know what to do. She keeps saying she doesn't want anyone doing anything for her, only for themselves, but I know if I don't get things where I need them to be, and we don't get this banquet...others are going to be upset (not with me, but just in general). I really felt like if I could get one new person tonight, some new blood, maybe things would look up. I just feel like crying :cry:.

Ok, off to change out of my work clothes into comfy PJ's and crawl into bed and cuddle with my puppies (who always seem to know exactly how you are feeling...they are stuck to me like glue right now). Thanks to those of you who are still reading for letting me vent. Sorry to be such a debbie downer when so many of you are doing so well...I just needed to tell someone and knew you all would understand :(

let's meet next week!

And if I could jump ship, you KNOW that I would be on your Exec's team in a heartbeat! Or even yours!

How could a director not know she needed a measely $63???So sorry Jen, this too shall pass!Take Amy up on her offer!

DebbieJ said:
How could a director not know she needed a measely $63???
So sorry Jen, this too shall pass!

Take Amy up on her offer!

I'm thinking someone probably didn't submit a show that they said they were going to OR the consultant told her the show total instead of commissionable sales. I had someone do that once. Thankfully it wasn't a matter of me maintaining directorship though.

Jennifer I'm so sorry about your sampling event. I think we have all been there at some point in our business.
You need to meet with this gal on Sunday and stay positive. Continue to invite and inform at every show. It WILL come together for you. As my one consultant always says,"if it has been done before, it can be done again".:blushing:

chefkugler said:
Jennifer I'm so sorry about your sampling event. I think we have all been there at some point in our business.
You need to meet with this gal on Sunday and stay positive. Continue to invite and inform at every show. It WILL come together for you. As my one consultant always says,"if it has been done before, it can be done again".:blushing:

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} It's awful when we plan big and then are disappointed. I totally agree with this post.

Remember that the event was a total success. ;) (that's the attitude to send to that potenital consultant - "fake it till you get it" - something like that - always be positive when talking "downline".)

This really is a cyclical business. Up, down, up, down....but in-between is a glidepath that steadily keeps us going and takes us a little higher every time. MY director's advice is to always stay focused on what is right for you and where you want to go. (We'll be here to cheer you on :sun:)

Sorry... hugs....tomorrow is a new day!

bethcooks4u said:
Remember that the event was a total success. ;) (that's the attitude to send to that potenital consultant - "fake it till you get it" - something like that - always be positive when talking "downline".)

Just got that exact advice from an "aunt" AD friend of mine today! I've never tried it but think I will. My business is beyond sucking and money is beyond tight. This is a fantastic attitude to jump start things!

Thanks guys! I have a show tonight and I'm trying to forget about last night and move on :) Amy, let mek no what night next week works for you to meet. Thanks everyone for all the motivation and advice...ya'll are the best :chef:

1. How do I manage my overwhelming workload as a leader?

One way to manage your workload as a leader is to prioritize your tasks and delegate responsibilities to others. Take a step back and assess what tasks are most important and urgent, and then assign them accordingly. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or delegate tasks to your team members.

2. How can I cope with the stress and pressure of being a leader?

It's important to take care of yourself both physically and mentally. Make sure to schedule breaks and downtime to recharge and relax. Additionally, practicing mindfulness techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation, can help reduce stress and manage pressure.

3. How do I handle difficult team members or situations as a leader?

Communication is key in handling difficult situations. Make sure to address any issues or conflicts directly and calmly. Listen to your team members and try to find a solution together. It's also important to set clear expectations and boundaries for behavior within the team.

4. What can I do to avoid burnout as a leader?

Make sure to set realistic expectations for yourself and your team. Don't take on too much and don't be afraid to say no. It's also important to take breaks and prioritize self-care. Remember to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

5. How can I stay organized and on top of my responsibilities as a leader?

Utilizing organizational tools, such as calendars, to-do lists, and project management software, can help you stay on top of your responsibilities. It's also important to set aside time each day to review your tasks and prioritize them accordingly. Additionally, delegating tasks and keeping open lines of communication with your team can help ensure everything is running smoothly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • dannyzmom