• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlocking the Benefits of Combining Gold Parties with PC Parties in Chicago

In summary, a woman from Detroit called looking for business opportunities in conjunction with PC parties. Linda found out that the woman is from Chicago and has done research on the party-planning process, but is not interested in doing business with her because she does not do combined events. Linda suggests contacting HO about the situation.
finley1991
Just wondering... I got a home office lead from someone in Detroit this morning... not unusual but most of my leads are for people in the suburbs, not Detroit itself. The phone to call had a 630 area code so I thought maybe she was relocating or visiting.

Turns out, she's from a company called Chicago Midwest Gold Buyers and they have *tons of success* combining gold parties with PC parties and wants to get in on it here. It's a win-win for everyone... blah blah blah.

Gold parties have already come and gone here and also the county I live in was starting to require a permit to have one because there were so many happening. I explained to her about this and that really I wasn't interested because I don't really do combined parties, etc. Good for her for being persistent because she wouldn't take no for an answer...

She asked if I was in management with PC and I said that I was a director and she ASSURED me that has worked with DOZENS of directors in the Chicago area and that it has been great.

Just wondering if any of you have run into this and how you feel about it. She planned on checking on the permit issue and she will call me back.

I've heard of it. A neighbor of mine I think had a party, but I couldn't go. I don't even know if any other neighbors went. None that I'm good friends with.

I know quite a few directors around here and have never heard of any combining parties with this company. I'd say this woman is persistent!

I do not know if I would do business with her because of her extreme persistence. However, doing a joint party with a gold party might not be too bad because the customers make money with the gold party and spend money with you.

She has done her homework and knows all the right arguements, and I bet she's lying to you! Ask her for her PC Director "references" and tell her that you know tons of Directors in the Chicago area and you want to see what kinds of successful tips thay have to offer you for this type of show - LOL

I haven't received any kind of call like that and no other directors I know around here have done such a thing.

On the original call, I had mentioned that in the newspaper about a year ago that my county was requiring a permit to hold a gold party in someone's home... my guess is that the county wanted in on some of the $$ since they were so popular. I was out and she left me a message saying she contacted the county and that no permits are necessary and she'd like to move forward on this so I am to call her back to get this going.Linda, I like your idea about asking her for references. I'm not interested in pursuing this and am thinking I should call HO and let them know that this company is using our lead system to try to promote their business... What are your thoughts on contacting HO about this? Should I do it?

You could contact HO, but I don't think there's anything they'd do.

I'd love to hear what her response is if you ask her for references from other Directors. Let her know you know some Directors in the Chicago area-that may throw her for a loop. Then she'll probably want our names! LOL.:bugeye:

What is a gold party and how does it work?

A gold party is a social event where attendees can bring their unwanted gold jewelry and sell it to a gold buyer. The host of the party typically receives a percentage of the total sales as a commission. When combined with a Pampered Chef party in Chicago, guests can shop for kitchen and cooking products while also selling their gold.

Why should I consider combining a gold party with a Pampered Chef party in Chicago?

Combining a gold party with a Pampered Chef party in Chicago allows you to earn extra income by hosting two events in one. It also provides a unique and fun experience for your guests, as they can shop for both gold and kitchen products in one convenient location.

How do I host a combined gold and Pampered Chef party in Chicago?

Hosting a combined party is easy! Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting both a gold party and a Pampered Chef party. Your consultant will help you set up the details and coordinate with a gold buyer to come to the event.

What are the benefits of hosting a combined party in Chicago?

The main benefit of hosting a combined party is the potential for higher sales and commissions. By offering two different types of products, you can attract a wider range of guests and potentially increase your earnings. Additionally, your guests will have the convenience of shopping for both gold and kitchen products at one event.

Are there any restrictions or guidelines for hosting a combined party in Chicago?

Yes, there may be certain guidelines and restrictions that vary by location. It is important to discuss these with your Pampered Chef consultant and the gold buyer to ensure that the event is compliant with all regulations. Your consultant can also provide guidance on promoting the event and maximizing your sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • nay62
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Humble Beginnings