• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it common to have to return damaged items before receiving a replacement?

Brandi, that's strange. I've had plenty of customers that I've sent things back that didn't even need it. It's definitely not just for the price of the item. Sometimes they might just need to make sure the item is in good condition before sending it out. Other times they might just be trying to avoid shipping costs.I don't know! I have no idea.
KimmyDarling
I have a customer who received a damaged lid for her large micro-cooker. She was told she had to return it before a new one would be sent out.

My question is this-- is that often done? If I were a customer, I would be really turned off by having to return it. It's a $10 item! Plus, when I was a customer, I received a damaged rectangular baker, and they sent a new one to me right away. It seems to me that it would be more customer-minded to just send her a new lid.

Also, she called the solution center herself. If I had processed it online, would she have been sent one without that requirement?

Thanks for your input,
Kim

From what I can tell, it's random. Sometimes they ask for things back, and sometimes they don't. When I was a customer, I didn't have a problem with returning items before receiving a replacement.

Thanks for your input, Rae. I just spoke to the solution center about it, and they're sending her a new one. The woman spent $130 on her order, and they tell her they won't send one till she sends the lid back? Not cool.I'm glad it's taken care of, though. :)

Glad to hear it.

Hmmm... not sure how they choose what needs to be sent back and what doesn't. I had a customer that had a damaged LID to the classic batter bowl and they did not want it returned at all... they just sent a new one! So basically she now has two classic batter bowls and one cover for the price of one!

I wonder if they are trying to make up for fed ex breaking stuff all the time!

Brandi,
You could always sell her a replacement part lid for the "extra" batter bowl, if she wants it to be "complete"!! I think they are around $3 if I'm not misstaken, and that includes the shipping. You just have to add your local sales tax. They'll even direct-ship it to her!

Blessings,
Paula

I just did an adjustment for a scratched saute pan and they don't want it back! It still works just fine but it's ugly...but I've had them ask me for knife covers back before. Weird.

When I got my trifle bowl the lid was terribly warped. It wouldn't even snap onto the bowl. Unfortunately I was on vacation during my first 30 days and so when I returned home I no longer had the free return shipping for a damaged item. As a brand new consultant I was told I'd have to return the entire bowl just to get a new lid, so I just bought the lid as a replacement part. It was worth my extra $2.50 because of the hassle and expense of returning the whole thing and waiting for a new one to be shipped.

I've heard of others on here who got really nice things "extra" or partially damaged and weren't asked to return it. Even last month one of my hosts received two extra items in her order and HO said to keep them. But just last week I got ONE an extra $9.60 item from my last cooking show and they are sending a FedEx return slip for it. I must say I was a little shocked because it's a heavy item (Simple Additions piece) and the cost and weight didn't seem to warrant the time and extra expense it will take to return it. I really do wonder what policy is and how they make these decisions. Maybe it's not random and there's some reason for it that has nothing to do with price. Hmmm...

I had a trifle bowl that was received with a broken base. Not sure how this could happen without the bowl breaking because the base is packed in a box INSIDE the bowl. Anyway, HO said to keep it and they sent out a replacement. Now I have an extra trifle bowl & lid, just no stand. :) Another time, I received the new bamboo spoon set and they were all exactly the same spoons. When I called HO they said they would be sending out a replacement but would also be sending a return label to send it back. :( I was pretty sure they wouldn't want them back because it was an inexpensive item. I was bummed because I thought I could use them for door prizes or something. Oh well. I don't know their logic when it comes to returns.

I was told it's randomly picked what needs to be returned. I had to return a trifle bowl, but I didn't have to return a bar pan or a large square platter.

It is probably just to check if it is manufacturer error or the handling of shipments. That would be why it is random.

It's computer generated. Once they put the reference in the computer it comes up whether it needs to come back or not.

As far as the original issue on this thread: You said the microcooker lid was damaged on shipping. Didn't they send a pickup for it? She shouldn't have had to pay to get it to them.

What are the most common types of adjustments?

The most common types of adjustments include temperature adjustments, time adjustments, ingredient substitutions, portion adjustments, and technique adjustments.

How do I know when to make an adjustment to a recipe?

You may need to make an adjustment to a recipe if you are cooking at a high altitude, using a different type of oven or cookware, or if you have dietary restrictions or preferences.

Can I make adjustments to a Pampered Chef recipe?

Yes, you can make adjustments to any Pampered Chef recipe to suit your personal taste and cooking needs. Our recipes are meant to be versatile and customizable.

What is the best way to make adjustments to a recipe?

The best way to make adjustments to a recipe is to start small and make changes gradually. This will allow you to taste and test as you go and make adjustments as needed.

Do you have any tips for making successful adjustments to a recipe?

Yes, we recommend keeping track of any adjustments you make to a recipe, using quality ingredients, and trusting your taste buds. And don't be afraid to experiment and have fun in the kitchen!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • Hunter Mom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef