• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Better to Ship Individual Orders or Have a Party for Fundraiser Donations?

In summary, the expert recommends that the author enter individual orders at the school fundraiser rather than group them all together into a fundraiser event. The author also recommends donating a percentage of sales from the orders to the school.
vhadley
I'll be doing a table at a school for their playground fundraiser. I was informed yesterday that it all has to be entered in as individual orders and that I just donate 10-15% of my profit to the school. My director told me to have it shipped to my house and then just go to the school on a designated day to let everybody pick it up. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper on the shipping to just put it under a party for me? Is that even legal? I sure don't want to do anything wrong! Is it a flat rate of $6.75 to have it direct shipped, or does it go by the poundage? Also since I won't be having any items to sell on the spot, should I still take a money box ($50 in small bills) with me?

I can't speak of the legality of it, but I would probably just do it as a show with the consultant acting as host. As long as there's no legal consequences, why not keep the host benefits for yourself, and use the donation as a tax write off?

Why can't you just take individual orders at the fair? That's what I've always done. Tell each guest they have the option of direct shipping or you will call them when the order arrives. Direct shipping charges are listed on the backs of the duplicate order forms. Bring home the stack and if you have enough to make a show, by all means make it YOUR show. I suppose you could put the school name as the host name. Are you to pay the school on site? or after you have submitted all orders?

Make it your own show! If you have $150 in orders, whether your customers want the items directly shipped to them, or you offer a pick up, put them in as a show. Your customers get the same guarantee benefits, you can have direct ship orders on a show, and you get credit for a show.

As for donating to the school, you can decide whether you want to submit it as a fundraiser or just give a donation out of your commission. If you do a fundraiser, you'd have to put the School's name in to get it on the check. If you do a show, you can use the host benefits for yourself.

I would still bring a few bills in change (not sure if I would bring $50) in case someone wants to pay you in cash for their order.

No, I can take individual orders at the festival, I just have to write it up as individual and not group them all together into a fundraiser event.I didn't know I could do the host thing, that would be great!!! Thank you all!! I just love chefsuccess!!!

vhadley said:
No, I can take individual orders at the festival, I just have to write it up as individual and not group them all together into a fundraiser event.

Why can't you group them into a fundraiser? I don't quite understand. Is it an issue with the school? If you do a fundraiser, they get the 10-15% of sales (+ $3 per booking) mailed directly to them from TPC, and you or the "host" will get the monthly host special, and you will get th 15% commission. Orders can then be shipped directly or to you if you want to scehdule a pick up date and they get lower shipping rates. the $6.75 is the shipping rate only for orders under $20, it goes up as the order total rises for direct shipping/ individual orders.

And you could definitely do it as a "Consultant Acting As Host" party, do the shipping the same as I explained above. But you then get all the hsot benefits (minus the booking benefits) and then you donate whatever percentage of sales to the school yourself.

You have 3 options:
  • Take them as individual orders with everyone paying direct shipping (which is kind of silly to me unless you don't get enough to make a show) and donate what you want from your paycheck.
  • Enter any orders you get under a Fundraiser for the school. Each person can decide if they want it directly shipped to their house or if they want it to go to the school. Your point of contact at the school gets to pick ONE item at 60% off the host flyer as a THANK YOU for coordinating the event. As stated above, the group gets 10%-15% depending on their sales written from PC to their group and you get 15% (unless you've hit $15,000 in Career Sales, then it's17%). The organization also gets $ for every booking (I think $3?).
  • You can enter it as a Catalog Show with you being the Consultant Acting As Host. You can donate what you want from your paycheck, and you can earn the Host Benefits as well. Each guest can choose direct shipping or shipping to you and then arrange to meet you at the school or come to your house to pick it up. I always tell people if they can't justify the gas expense to come to me, then they should opt for the direct shipping. But you can have some with each shipping option on a show. You don't have to have them all go the same route. I do this method. I also offer another $10 per booking WHEN THE SHOW CLOSES! So after they've held their show (within 6 months) and we close the show, I write a $10 check to the group. I had one sorority group that just said wait. So after the 3 shows, I wrote one big $30 check to them. They were happy!

Ok, so obviously I'm new at this and yes it's my very 1st fundraiser :) I was just going by what somebody else told me to do. Let me see if I got this right. If I still enter it in as a Fundraiser, I can act as a Host and get the Host special for myself? Since there's so many different vendors there, the school isn't going to be involved with handling out products once they come in, or anything to do with ordering. So I thought it would be easier to put it in as a show under me and then just write them a check from my account.

If you do it as a fundraiser it would have to be in the organizations name. I would just host it as my own show and write them a check as stated above :) not to mention you get the FREE product wahoo to that! That is of course if sales reach $150 and if they dont just call some friends I am sure you can get it up there!

What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Our return policy allows for a full refund within 30 days of purchase for any unused or defective products. After 30 days, exchanges or store credit may be offered at our discretion.

Can I use my Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher?

We recommend hand washing all of our products to ensure their longevity and effectiveness. Some items may be top rack dishwasher safe, but always check the product's label or instructions before putting it in the dishwasher.

Do you offer any discounts or promotions for Pampered Chef products?

We occasionally offer discounts and promotions for our products, which can be found on our website or through our email newsletter. You can also host a party to earn free and discounted products as a thank you for sharing Pampered Chef with your friends and family.

Are Pampered Chef products made with non-toxic materials?

Yes, we pride ourselves on using high-quality, non-toxic materials in all of our products. We also conduct thorough safety tests to ensure the safety and health of our customers.

Can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! We are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team. You can learn more about becoming a Pampered Chef consultant on our website or by speaking with a current consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Luv2bake
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • Angelady
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
KJP
  • straitfan