• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Host Coaching the Key to a Successful Party?

In summary, Barbara's last three hosts have not followed through on their promises, and she's running out of time to qualify for a $1500 goal. She offers free gifts to hosts who invite friends, suggests using "40 guests in 4 minutes" flyers and "50 guests in 5 minutes" flyers to help hosts think of others to invite, and advises patience and being realistic.
k1tchng0ddess
:cry:

Hi, I am new to Chefsuccess and also to PC! I am on my 3rd show, and I am getting so discouraged with hosts that are uncoachable. I tell them to invite 40 people, then when I call the second and third time, they say they invited 10 people!! Then only 4 show up at the show--UGHH!!!

Then there are some people that you can tell really aren't listening when you go over the information. My sister did this, her show is today, and I am PRAYING she remembers to get all the ingredients for the apple crisp. To boot, she has been in two direct selling businesses already, but they obviously don't teach a thing about host coaching bcuz then she would be familiar with what I am trying to do.

My other sister wound up turning her show into a catty show, didn't get me the email addresses like I asked her, and all me leads basically dried up!

Now my 4th host, on Sunday, just told me that two people told her they don't have any money, and that only 7 are coming.. WAAAAHHHH!! I might be able to turn this into a positive recruit story, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I am basically turning in all 3 orders on 6/30, and praying that there is no reason they will be kicked back to me. I have until 7/10 to qualify, but I really want to reach $1500 by end of June.

Can anyone offer me any advice on coaching my crazy hosts??? These are all friends and relatives. I think sometimes it is better to deal with strangers.
Thanks for letting me rant!! :)
barbara

1) offer a free gift to everyone who brings a friend
2) check the files here on CS for the hostess scavenger hunt--it gives them a little push to invite more
3) another good hostess coaching tool is "40 guests in 4 minutes" or "50 guests in 5 minutes" flyer--once again, helps them think of others to invite.
4) just try to be patient with them-in this business slow and steady wins the race. Hang in there--it will get better.

Your family and close friends are the hardest to coach, because they're used to you as a friend instead of as a business professional. Let them know that you need to practice your instructions and would like their genuine feedback.

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions.
Unfortunately, things got even worse for me at tonight's party--no one showed up!!! I was so angry with my sister because it was her fault. I had to drag it out of her, but I finally got to the truth. Also, the one person who showed up over an HOUR late said that her invitation had the wrong date on it--but it was for last night and no one showed up then. I specifically asked her to confirm all guest 24 hours in advance, but she didn't listen. I chewed her out on this, but it still did no good.
For the coaching, I told her I wanted to do it by the book to get practice, but what can you do when people simply don't listen to you? I gave her the 40 in 4 and the Show Planning Guide, adn went over things with her, but I saw her paperwork and she didn't even fill anything out! Now she feels guilty and is trying to get catalog orders for me at work tomorrow. I told her just $150 would make it a show. Hope she comes through for me; otherwise I have a $400 show that I haven't turned in, that I can split.
My last show for June is Sunday, and I need $335 to qualify, $585 to make $1500 in sales mark. I was feeling so discouraged, but now that I've written the amounts in this posting, I don't think its impossible. Wish me luck, and thanks for your support! :)

First, you can only host coach so much - even if you do it perfectly, you're going to have hosts that want to do it their way. I've never had a host give me 40 names. The way I've come to accept it is that I'd rather them invite 10 folks they're sure will be PC friendly than simply 40 anyones who have little or no interest in buying/booking. I quickly went from hosts sending out invites to ME sending them out because I wasn't getting any info (even with coaching) from my hosts so now I KNOW who and how many are invited. I also supply most of the ingredients and this way I KNOW that not only will they be there but what quality they will be. Obviously, you'll need to figure out what works best for YOUR business, just mentioning how I overcame some of what you're going through cuz I think many of us have been where you are at at some time or another. The important thing is to chin up and keep on truckin' and as soon as you can break out of your 'family/friend circle' the better. I do find host coaching 'stranger's easier.

Last edited:
I love your suggestions! It will be more work for me, but it will eliminate 100% of all the unnecessary stress! With 2 small children and a full time (hopefully soon it will be part time!) job, I don't need any more stress in my life-LOL!

What does "uncoachable" mean in terms of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

"Uncoachable" refers to a host who is not open to learning or taking advice from their Pampered Chef consultant during the planning and execution of their party.

Why is it important for a host to be coachable?

A coachable host is more likely to have a successful party, as they are open to new ideas and suggestions from their consultant. This can lead to higher sales and more satisfied guests.

How can a consultant handle an "uncoachable" host?

It's important for the consultant to remain patient and professional. They can try to find common ground with the host and listen to their concerns, while gently offering suggestions and ideas to improve the party.

What are some common reasons for a host to be "uncoachable"?

Some hosts may feel overwhelmed or stressed about hosting a party, and may be resistant to taking on any additional tasks or suggestions. Others may have a specific vision for their party and may not be open to changing it.

How can a consultant help prevent an "uncoachable" host?

It's important for the consultant to establish a relationship with the host early on and communicate clearly about expectations and responsibilities. Providing support and guidance throughout the planning process can also help prevent an "uncoachable" host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kathy Jewell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefBeckyD