• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Holding a Show During a Tough Economy Worth It?

The economy is not a reason not to have a show. People can still hold a show even if the economy is bad.
Pamperedva
Gold Member
I just joined this group a few weeks ago. I love it! I have been in Business 12 years, have never been inactive in my career. I have to say, I have spent the last year doing only the minimums. Now I think I am ready to get back into Business and now we have a hurting economy. So I have a few questions or thoughts to run by you all. I do not want this to be a whining session, I don't have time for that. I need to get my business going again! Need that encouragement!

Why would someone want to hold a show in light of this Economy?

Do they use the Economy as a reason not to hold a show even though they probably could hold a show?

Are people tired of the Direct Sales Companies?

I know that I should not prejudge people, and I have told my hosts in the past to always invite everyone to their shows. I say, it is better to get a no thank you than to get a why didn't you invite me, response.

I am way out of practice on everything, but I think once I start focusing on them, I can do it, just afraid to find those first couple of shows.

I have several friends I have wanted to ask if they are interested in earning some of our products, just can't seem to get the words out. How do I approach that topic?

I look forward to reading your words of wisdom and encouragement!
VA

And one more thing, since I have been in hiding, so have my CCC's. How do I approach my calls without coming across as "only showing up when I want something" attitude? Does that make sense?
Thanks. VA

Congrats on restartiung your business. I am sure you will get lots of responses so I will answer the one I feel most prepared to. I would call everyone that was ever a customer and say Thank you for being a part of my business. Tell them that you are looking to grow and ask them if you could find out how you could best serve them. That approach is Customer focused and trust me when I say it makes for easy and pleasant phone calls.
Good luck!

If not any time to do a show, NOW is the time!!!!! People can save money by hosting a show, learn a quick, easy, cheap way to feed their family and get quality cooking items while they are at it. Plus with this business, people always need us and they may not always need some of the other businesses out there.Take the online training courses if you haven't, they will be a great refresher for you.

I try to avoid discussing the economy because it depresses people and reminds them about the economy. I focus on the same aspects of hosting as there were before the "ecomonic crisis". I "do not participate" in the economic downfall b/c I want my hostess's and guests to enjoy their party and have the fun they want to have. If they decide to purchase, then great. If not, that is okay too, I hope they walk away and remember me if they need anything.

The economy is a reason to have a show. The new Season's Best (and PC website) both have alot of $2 per serving, good tasting, healthy recipes. So the host needs to help you share that information with her friends. Focus on getting a larger number of people at the shows and help the community by sharing these recipes with them. (Focus on the service, the sales will happen -- and so will bookings)

Related to Is Holding a Show During a Tough Economy Worth It?

1. What exactly is "Finding My Way Out of Hiding!"?

"Finding My Way Out of Hiding!" is a cooking class specifically designed for individuals who struggle with social anxiety or shyness. It focuses on building confidence and overcoming fears while learning new kitchen skills.

2. Who can participate in this class?

This class is open to anyone who wants to improve their cooking skills while also working on their social anxiety. It is a safe and non-judgmental environment for individuals of all ages and backgrounds.

3. How is this class different from other cooking classes?

This class is unique because it not only teaches cooking techniques and recipes, but it also incorporates techniques and exercises to help individuals overcome their social anxiety. It is a holistic approach to improving both cooking skills and self-confidence.

4. Do I need to have any cooking experience to participate?

No, this class is designed for all levels of cooking experience. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, you will learn new skills and techniques in the kitchen while also working on your social anxiety.

5. Can I bring a friend or family member with me?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member with you to the class. However, the focus will be on individual growth and improvement, so it is recommended to attend the class alone to fully benefit from the experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • PamperMeDawn