• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is having a supportive husband the key to successful direct sales?

In summary, Anne's husband is supportive of her business and he has put PC stickers on the car he drives. Anne is also fortunate to have her hubby 100% behind her in her business.
Gina M
Gold Member
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share - my husband is a store manager for Walgreens and has worked for a number of stores in our area. He was in his old store recently and mentioned to the staff there that I was doing PC. The girls wanted catalogs, which he gave them, and today I got a call from his old pharmacist that she and her friends want to book a show in August!! Yea! The cool thing is that there is also a girl there who is getting married next year so maybe I'll be able to swing a bridal shower/wedding registry out of it as well. I'm psyched cause this is my first August show on the calendar and I'm sure will be a fun one! It's so nice that my hubby is so supportive - if only all our bookings came this easy!:)

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

WAVE 1

You are a lucky one. My husband is really supportive also, he even put PC stickers on the car that he drives! It is great when you have a good one isn't it?

My husband has gotten me a few orders where he works too. If someone he works with wants something he will take them a catalog.

It really makes a difference when you have support from home!

I'm soooo jealous! My husband won't bring up what I do unless someone asks and he would never put anything on his car - he doesn't even want me to put any on mine!

My DH would love to help, but he only works with his family! We share a car, and I doubt he would want it on the car he drives around ALL DAY!!

I'm right there with you!!
AJPratt said:
It really makes a difference when you have support from home!

Anne,

You nare soooooooooo right about the support. My husband embarasses me somtimes the way he goes on about my business (not bragging :eek: ) to the people we know. BUT I know he is very proud of my dedication to my business and his support is paramount to my success!!! He is a mechanic and also enjoys cooking, and knows the value of GOOD QUALITY tools both in his shop and the kitchen.

He has called my business "Pampered Pets" from the beginning - not on purpose - that's just how he slipped one day and it stuck. The rest of my family followed suit :p .

He recently went to a mutual friends house for a couples show and I have to admit I was a little nervous to have him see me demo my product. His friend is a long time sells professional and I just wanted to get it RIGHT!! You know what I mean. WELL - I am very happy to say that my husband and his friend were very impressed with my skills with the mostly male crowd.

My husband's favorite tool is the Garlic Press - and BOY does he pitch a sell whenever he can.

He wants to have a GUYS ONLY show because he knows that if his friends could see how great these tools are - they would certainly buy!!!

How can I say NO - and wyh on earth would I wnat to :D .

I am very fortunate to have my hubby 100% behind me in my business.

See you wave 3'ers in 15 days...

Gina: I'm in the same boat! When my business comes up, I'
m happy to discuss it, but I don't usually bring it up. But Dave does. All the time. He saw one of my shows and was so impressed with how it was so natural for me, even though I was very new. He said, "Ya know... this is what you've always done... been in the kitchen cooking and teaching someone how to make something. Telling them about something new you found." And its true. Someone called me the Bree VandeKamp of the neighborhood. Well, I'm nowhere near as neat freak, but I'm always trying something new. And with PC recipes, I know its always going to taste great so I'm more adventurous with my cooking now.

I felt so bad... we went up to NH for a family reunion of hubby's and he was so proud of me. He told the first person he saw (his cousin Julie) about my business and she said, "OMG... I have so much of that crap. :eek: Don't even ask me to do one of those shows. Its so expensive and I have no use for it." He was CRUSHED. And, you know I said something to her. I told her later on that I have no problem with her saying something like that to me if I'm trying to sell her, but don't she ever dare even think to say something like that again to Dave when a simple "Oh that's great" would have done. He was just happy for me. His one Aunt said that the well would soon run dry for me. Well, b* here I am a year later working to promote and planning on taking that incentive trip, if nothing else just to shove it to his family. :p It paid for our cruise last January, too.

AJPratt said:
I felt so bad... we went up to NH for a family reunion of hubby's and he was so proud of me. He told the first person he saw (his cousin Julie) about my business and she said, "OMG... I have so much of that crap. :eek: Don't even ask me to do one of those shows. Its so expensive and I have no use for it." He was CRUSHED. And, you know I said something to her. I told her later on that I have no problem with her saying something like that to me if I'm trying to sell her, but don't she ever dare even think to say something like that again to Dave when a simple "Oh that's great" would have done. He was just happy for me. His one Aunt said that the well would soon run dry for me. Well, b* here I am a year later working to promote and planning on taking that incentive trip, if nothing else just to shove it to his family. :p It paid for our cruise last January, too.
Good for you for saying something. Goodness gracious! Some people!:mad: That's so rude. Let your husband know you appreciate his support and he should keep being proud of you and excited for you to anyone he wants to!!!

My Husband loves stonewareMy husband is so funny when he is around when anyone asks about PC. He is like an "Infomercial" for stoneware and tells everyone they MUST have some... so that their wife stops burning things to!
I always talk about it at my shows and it usually gets a laugh. He is constantly telling me how proud he is, and if I get on the phone to do a little "Booking blitz" I come out of my office everytime I get a booking to tell him and he is always as excited as me and telling me "your doing a great job"!
I love that funny little Italian man.....:D

Well sometimes I think my hubby is supportive, like a few weeks ago when he went over to someone's house and the guy was saying something about cleaning his grill he said he told him all about the PC grill brush and he needed to get his wife to have a show and get some stuff free. And that's not the first time he has tried to get shows and orders for me which is good. But when it comes time for me to get ready for a show there are times when I want to just ring his neck, and times when he is good about it. It's like sometimes he doesn't want to help. I know I can be a real B when I get stressed out which is what happens every time before a show. I need a bigger house so I can store all this stuff, and my children, so I can find everything.

That is cute about buying stoneware so your wife will stop burning things! I'll bring that up at my shows!

My husband is very supportive also. He is an accountant, and he keeps my books for me. Keeps track of mileage, income/expense report, ect. He is doing his fair share to go on the trip with me. Now, if I could just get him to wash my dishes when i get home from a show, it woudl be perfect !!!

My husband is very supportive also. He is an accountant, and he keeps my books for me. Keeps track of mileage, income/expense report, ect. He is doing his fair share to go on the trip with me. Now, if I could just get him to wash my dishes when i get home from a show, it woudl be perfect !!![/QUOTE]

1. What is "I Gotta Love My Husband!"?

"I Gotta Love My Husband!" is a cookbook from Pampered Chef that features delicious and easy-to-make recipes for busy wives and moms to show their love to their husbands through food.

2. Are the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!" specifically designed for husbands?

No, the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!" are suitable for anyone to enjoy. They are simply meant to be a gesture of love and appreciation for husbands.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!" hard to find?

No, the ingredients for the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!" can be found at any local grocery store. They are common and easy to find.

4. Do I need special cooking skills to make the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!"?

No, the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!" are designed for home cooks of all levels. They are simple and easy to follow, making them perfect for beginners or experienced cooks.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!"?

Yes, many of the recipes in "I Gotta Love My Husband!" can be made using Pampered Chef products. However, you can also use alternative kitchen tools and still achieve great results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • misericorde
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jennifer34691
Replies
Views
luvbeingachef