• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Apple Releasing a New iPad Soon? Rumors of iPad 2 Price Drop to $199!

in summary, if you are thinking of getting an ipad, wait until they drop to $350 or $400. apple is having an event on march 7th and they are most likely to release a new ipad at this event for a price of $199.
NooraK said:
Hope that helps!

It does, thanks so much! :)

If the 16G goes on sale (hopefully through Amazon) then I will snap it up. Given that my tax return will be burning a hole ... I think it will be useful for many things... PC, Bibles, etc. I might even use it for some music, though I think I'll still want a smaller, cheaper MP3 player.

You're right Bobbi we should never show negativity to customers or recruits. Personally I think the old paper receipts are actually faster at the show. I rarely use my laptop now. People in a hurry can fill them out and leave them, etc.I think using a computer or iPad could actually hurt with recruiting. Some people don't have Internet in my area and some people would not have the money to purchase an ipad.

So I was watching HSN this morning. They had a tablet for $249. It looked about the size of an iPad. It was bigger then most tablets I had seen. It had Android apps already installed. If we can use Android apps I would prefer it over an iPad because you can use Flash and open Word and Excel docs. You can also expand the memory with a memory card. It also already had the Kindle app.

I wouldn't go out and buy an Android tablet yet though, not until the launch of our app and people try it out and report back. I'd hate for someone to dump money into it, only to see that it is awful to work with or doesn't work at all, etc. Yes- it probably will (in a small version on the screen, etc), but not sure I'd want to gamble the $200-300 and then find out it doesn't. Patience..... ;)

I agree. I won't be purchasing anything for a while. I don't do enough shows right now to justify the cost. I did read that the Android would be smaller or not at clear if enlarged on a tablet. We will see how it works. I wasn't suggesting everyone buy one right now anyway. Just suggesting some things to consider over an iPad if the tablet will work.

Does anyone have any inside information as to whether this $199 deal is going to happen??

As I said we starting this thread I have some very good information. They are having the event march 7th and will be unveiling the new ipad. The ipad 2 according to my friend who works with apple and is friends with some high ups he said that he is 90% sure they will have a price of 199 for the ipad 2 in order to compeat with those lower priced tablets.

Thank you for this information!

I heard that they may release an iPad that is only 8 GB to help compete with other tablets out there....we are holding off until the 7th to hear all the info before getting something.Karen

Any idea of who will have these prices? Everyone? (since Apple sets the prices for the retailers anyway, according to what I read).

That will be everyone. As I understand it they will have the new price said on the 7th. Like I said its worth the wait. It wont be a sale price or anything it will just be the new price. Think of it how they did the iphone.. Went from 599 to 299 or 199 or 99. As the came out with new generations the old ones had a new price.

Yup, Apple sets the pricing on its products (which is why you'll often see a gift card offer in the sales fliers instead of a price cut... Walmart/Target/Best Buy can't change the price but they can throw you a bonus for buying with them). You'll just have to wait for the press conference at the end of next week and see what Apple says it's going to do. They are very tight-lipped on this stuff and there are oodles of blogs and tech journalists who spend great deals of time coming up with ideas of what they will announce and publishing rumors about what someone saw an Apple tech have at a bar or whatever ... it's all just suspicion until the press conference, so all we can do is wait.

I just learned that Apple is in the Pampered Perks program ... 2 to 10 percent off!According to what I've been told, 2% off of iPads and 10% off of iPods ... that seems interesting ... I would think the bigger discount would be on the higher priced item, but any little bit helps. We also get free engraving and shipping.I am debating if this makes it worthwhile to get it from Apple and not Amazon. I have a gift card for Amazon and was going to spend it on an MP3 player before this.

Last edited:
I may buy mine at Target. If you use their credit/debit card you save 5% on purchases.

babywings76 said:
I may buy mine at Target. If you use their credit/debit card you save 5% on purchases.

Don't tell me that! Maybe there's a reason why I haven't cancelled my Target card :) I suppose I could make sure that I have the cash to pay for it and then save a little by putting it on my card and then pay it off (and finally cancel it!).

You don't have to use Target's cc. You can sign up for their debit card so it comes right out of your checking account. You can't use it anywhere but Target, but it saves you 5%!

2% on a 499 item won't even cover the sales tax. Even if apple drops the price 2% isn't worth the deal for me to go buy it direct from apple. I'd rather get it from Beat Buy so I can get reward zone points.

Thank you for the info. I am going to be so upset if this is true.. I bought an iPad 2 a couple of weeks ago when I got my new iPhone and just opened it last night. (I was busy trying to figure out how to synch my calendar and tasks that I have on AOL with my iPhone and Outlook. That took FOREVER!) Anyhow, if the iPad 2 goes down $300 in price I just may have to cry!

heather223 said:
Thank you for the info. I am going to be so upset if this is true.. I bought an iPad 2 a couple of weeks ago when I got my new iPhone and just opened it last night. (I was busy trying to figure out how to synch my calendar and tasks that I have on AOL with my iPhone and Outlook. That took FOREVER!) Anyhow, if the iPad 2 goes down $300 in price I just may have to cry!

This kind of thing always happens to me! Right after I bought my camera, they came out with a new one and mine was made cheaper. Same thing with my laptop and finally with my Nook!

wadesgirl said:
This kind of thing always happens to me! Right after I bought my camera, they came out with a new one and mine was made cheaper. Same thing with my laptop and finally with my Nook!

Then you and I are not allowed to buy anything without a "cooling off" period first!! :p

You have 14 days to return it....that is what I did after I bought the iPad2. I even asked the sales person, when is the next release and she told me there is not one then the next day I heard the new one was to be announced March 7th.

Intrepid_Chef said:
I just learned that Apple is in the Pampered Perks program ... 2 to 10 percent off!

According to what I've been told, 2% off of iPads and 10% off of iPods ... that seems interesting ... I would think the bigger discount would be on the higher priced item, but any little bit helps. We also get free engraving and shipping.

I am debating if this makes it worthwhile to get it from Apple and not Amazon. I have a gift card for Amazon and was going to spend it on an MP3 player before this.

It is 2% for the iPad but 12% for Apple Care. That makes a big difference!

heather223 said:
Then you and I are not allowed to buy anything without a "cooling off" period first!! :p

I'm not an impulse buyer, for my laptop I got some gift cards at Christmas and then gave myself a goal that when I sold over $4000 in one month (making my commission $1000) I would have enough to pay cash for my laptop. I had to wait until May to do it (almost 6 months by the time I got my commission in June)!

Well everyone just remember when buying apple products its like clock work. Every year they will have a new one. Like the Iphone every year they came out with a new one. The ipad came out in march, the ipad 2 the next march and now its march again and they will be having a new. I cant be sure if its ipad 3 or ipad 2s or what ever they name it but it will be a new one. I'm also thinking they are going to come out with something completly new but thats just my thinking as its been 2 years since something completly new has came out. I also believe they would be coming out with a new ipod sometime this year its been along time since they have done anything with that line.

Where is Apple listed in the Pampered Perks? I can't find it.

i received the following from my SD in our weekly motivational that we receive:The company has released the following changes and announcements:
Shipping Rates
As you know, shipping and fuel costs continue to rise, and that affects our shipping rates for products and paperwork. To address this, we’ve had to change our shipping rate structure for non-commissionable orders.Effective March 1, non-commissionable orders will be based on a tiered rate — the more you order, the lower your overall percentage of shipping charges.
We’re committed to providing all Consultants with the lowest costs possible, so the new rates will apply to everyone. This means there will no longer be separate shipping rates for Directors and Consultants, and we are eliminating the flat rate for the first order of the month.
We wanted to minimize the impact of increased shipping rates on you. In the new website, we’ll have a good solution. You’ll be able to simplify and consolidate non-commissionable order types into three shopping carts:
Product Cart (Personal, Sample Products, Replacement Parts and Outlet)
Business Supply Cart (Supply, Paperwork Pre-Order, Business-Building Kit for New Consultants and Replacement Parts)
Kit Enhancement
You may experience an increase, decrease or no change to your typical shipping cost, depending upon the size of your order. The best way to lower your overall percentage of shipping charges will be to consolidate your orders as much as possible.New Pampered Perks® and Director Privileges and Awards
We’ve added an exciting new partner to our Pampered Perks® program and enhanced Director Privileges and Awards.We’re excited to welcome Apple as our newest Pampered Perks® partner! We were able to obtain their highest value offer which includes:
Ø A 2% discount on iPads and 10% discount on iPods (including iPod Touch) – And, both are available with free engraving and shipping. Our new mobile app works with both iPad and iPod Touch.
Ø Mac computers, Apple accessories and the Apple Care extended warranty program are also discounted.
Ø Watch PC NewsWire for more details about accessing the Apple Customer Store.
We’re also pleased to offer two new training partners. Under the Professional Development benefit of your Director Privileges and Awards, you’ll be eligible for reimbursement for Dale Carnegie Training and Apple One-to-One training for Mac purchases. Apple offers a wealth of free training and workshops when you purchase a Mac computer and offers “one–to–one” training at a fee.
In addition, we're happy to announce that Director New Product Sample benefit will be enhanced. As you know, Directors through Executive Directors can earn a selection of new product samples by submitting $1,250 or more in personal commissionable sales in three of the four qualifying months. Now, directors have an alternate way to earn the samples – by submitting a total of $5,000 in personal commissionable sales for the same time period.
Plus, when you earn New Product Samples you'll receive the complete selection of samples. (The only exception will be when a major collection is introduced – then you’ll receive a sampling).
Career Plan Enhancement
As you know, we encourage directors to build their teams “wide and deep.” And we’re always exploring more ways to reward directors when you do. So, we created the 2nd Generation Leadership Development Bonus. Beginning March 1, this bonus opportunity is available every time a new 2nd Generation Director promotes in a director’s organization!Here’s how it works: When a Consultant, Senior Consultant or Team Leader in your 1st Generation Director’s personal team promotes to Director for the first time* and, in doing so, becomes a 2nd Generation Director, you’ll receive a one-time bonus of $500!

So is the Apple discount a Director on up perk? Bummer...I get it, but still a bummer. Guess I will stick with buy an mp3 player then and my laptop.

MLinAZ said:
So is the Apple discount a Director on up perk? Bummer...I get it, but still a bummer. Guess I will stick with buy an mp3 player then and my laptop.
NO - the Apple discount is for everyone. That post was giving Pampered Perks updates, AND Director's Perks updates.

does anyone know where the live streaming video is going to be for the big announcement. And also when will retailers put the new price for the older ipads?

higoobs said:
does anyone know where the live streaming video is going to be for the big announcement. And also when will retailers put the new price for the older ipads?

The price drop is purely speculation... I don't think that has been actually confirmed from Apple. They keep everything so tight lipped and also don't usually live stream their events... however bloggers and press and other media do live feeds... the blog that was posted in a couple previous posts will have the live feed, which starts at 10 am PT.

CNBC is talking about the new iPAD (they are playing the press conference in the background and talking over it). Not seeing a new name yet or any information about price. The big news (about the new one) is clarity of picture. Oh, and it's faster.

$499 for the new one at 16g.

Ipad 2 recieves PRICE DROP
Ipad 2 16gb wifi only at $399
Ipad 2 16gb wifi plus 3g $529

ChefShalon said:
Ipad 2 recieves PRICE DROP
Ipad 2 16gb wifi only at $399
Ipad 2 16gb wifi plus 3g $529

It'll be kind of hard to hide my disappointment :( I was really hoping for it to go lower than that!

1PamperedMommy said:
It'll be kind of hard to hide my disappointment :( I was really hoping for it to go lower than that!

Yes I agree I was too! :( But it is better than nothing...

I guess I'll be waiting a little longer for an iPad. :cry: That's still out of my price range. $199 was expensive too, but a workable goal. Time to rethink my goal plan!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I guess I'll be waiting a little longer for an iPad. :cry: That's still out of my price range. $199 was expensive too, but a workable goal. Time to rethink my goal plan!

I Agree :(

ANYONE know when the Pampered Perk of the Apple discount will take effect??

My daughter has a Pandigital Planet tablet that runs Anroid and I have been impressed with it, especially since the price runs around $199 or less.

I will have to say I am waiting for the new APP BEFORE I DO ANYTHING.... there are a few other tablets out there I would like to consider to see if the app will work before spending the so outlandish price on an IPAD... I know I am just bitter the price isn't lower... lol. I think if I do go Ipad I will save up a tiny bit more and get the new one, IF I FEEL I NEED AN IPAD AT ALL. I already have the iphone and really wish they would release the APP for us even if it is just to play with or something.... I really wanna see how it works, before I get all hyped and set that I want any ipad or tablet of any kind. I really hate the whole think I need to keep up with the fab of everything and with the economy the way it is I have to stop, lol... OR BOOK A TON MORE SHOWS, which would be phenominal. ;) I was driving today and in my drive I passed like 3 junk yards and thought. THERE SHOULD BE A FREEZE ON MAKING NEW CARS UNTIL SOMEONE COMES UP WITH A WAY TO REUSE OLD CARS OR GET THEM BROKE DOWN AND NOT JUST SITTING AROUND.
Maybe it is just me but I really feel horrible for the way the environment will be for future generations b/c people just don't seem to care. I know off topic, but just my thoughts for the day. lol.....

This article says they've dropped the price of the Ipad2, but only by $100 to $399.http://www.imore.com/2012/03/07/apple-announces-ipad/Unless it goes waaayyyy down in the days and weeks ahead, I'll save my pennies for an ipod touch. I need brakes a whole lot more than I need an Ipad.

I can't say I'm surprised. Apple almost NEVER has a sale. They don't need to! Even on their old stuff! Yet even at the $399 price, people will scoop these up and they will be gone. It still doesn't hurt though to watch those other retailers to see if they offer the bonus incentives.

If it had been more like a Kindle or Nook (especially price wise) I was going to be all over it. As it is, I have gotten a smart phone (a couple of weeks ago) and am learning it. I think I will wait until the app is out and see how it is on my phone (since the phone seems pretty okay- not feeling as stupid as I expected). If the app would be seriously better on the IPad, I will consider it later. Right now I am just going to wait a bit longer..

esavvymom said:
I can't say I'm surprised. Apple almost NEVER has a sale. They don't need to! Even on their old stuff! Yet even at the $399 price, people will scoop these up and they will be gone. It still doesn't hurt though to watch those other retailers to see if they offer the bonus incentives.

If that's as low as they go, hell, I'll save and get the most current one. I can say that I'm disappointed and will most likely wait until the app comes out for my phone and see how it goes.

To be honest, I never really wanted one and think I'd rather have an I-Pod Touch anyway. It's more portable and easier to carry around, usable for music and Angry Birds.I had 4G on my old MP3 and it was all full but in this, I wonder if 8G will be enough.Here's another article on it:
iPad 2 lives!

I just got off the phone with HO because I was having P3 issues and while I was waiting for manual updates to load, I asked how large the new app was and she was very quick to say she didn't have that information. (sigh) I'm sure we will find out soon enough! I may just die if I have to uninstall my Words with Friends! lol

Brenda.the.chef said:
I just got off the phone with HO because I was having P3 issues and while I was waiting for manual updates to load, I asked how large the new app was and she was very quick to say she didn't have that information. (sigh) I'm sure we will find out soon enough! I may just die if I have to uninstall my Words with Friends! lol

You will find something else to give up than words with friends.... :)

<h2>1. Will Apple be releasing a new iPad soon?</h2><p>According to rumors, Apple may be releasing a new iPad at an event on March 7th. However, this is not confirmed and should be taken with a grain of salt.</p><h2>2. Is there a possibility of the iPad 2 price dropping to $199?</h2><p>Again, this is just a rumor and cannot be confirmed. It is always best to wait for official announcements from Apple before making any purchasing decisions.</p><h2>3. Should I avoid sales for the iPad 2 as the price may drop further?</h2><p>It is always a good idea to do some research and compare prices before making a purchase. However, keep in mind that sales and discounts are often temporary and may not last long.</p><h2>4. Is the information about the new iPad and price drop coming from a reliable source?</h2><p>The source mentioned in the statement is a friend of the writer who works at Apple. While this may seem trustworthy, it is important to remember that it is still just a rumor and not confirmed by Apple themselves.</p><h2>5. Is it worth waiting for the new iPad release, even if it means potentially missing out on sales for the iPad 2?</h2><p>This ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you want the latest and greatest technology, it may be worth waiting for the new iPad. However, if you are satisfied with the features of the iPad 2 and are looking for a good deal, it may be wise to take advantage of sales while they last.</p>

1. Will Apple be releasing a new iPad soon?

According to rumors, Apple may be releasing a new iPad at an event on March 7th. However, this is not confirmed and should be taken with a grain of salt.

2. Is there a possibility of the iPad 2 price dropping to $199?

Again, this is just a rumor and cannot be confirmed. It is always best to wait for official announcements from Apple before making any purchasing decisions.

3. Should I avoid sales for the iPad 2 as the price may drop further?

It is always a good idea to do some research and compare prices before making a purchase. However, keep in mind that sales and discounts are often temporary and may not last long.

4. Is the information about the new iPad and price drop coming from a reliable source?

The source mentioned in the statement is a friend of the writer who works at Apple. While this may seem trustworthy, it is important to remember that it is still just a rumor and not confirmed by Apple themselves.

5. Is it worth waiting for the new iPad release, even if it means potentially missing out on sales for the iPad 2?

This ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. If you want the latest and greatest technology, it may be worth waiting for the new iPad. However, if you are satisfied with the features of the iPad 2 and are looking for a good deal, it may be wise to take advantage of sales while they last.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies