• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Dented Stock Pot Covered by the Warranty?

In summary, the conversation discusses a situation where a customer dropped their stock pot, resulting in a dent. The question is raised if this is covered under the product's lifetime warranty. Some suggest being vague when contacting the company, while others argue that dropping something is considered misuse and may not be covered. However, in the end, it is advised to simply do a product adjustment to get a replacement. The hostess in question is a valuable customer and it is important to ensure her satisfaction.
jenniferlynne
A hostess of mine from September just emailed me to tell me that she dropped her stock pot that she just got and it dented. Is that under the warrenty? I wasn't sure if it covered something like that since it is kind of her fault.

I would say Yes, it has a lifetime warranty.:D

I'm with Kristi. The lifetime warranty covers normal use. In my kitchen, dropping IS normal.

I dropped my rectangle baker when I was trying to flip it over to cool upside down on the cooling rack....and HO said no prob!

No it's not....Sad to say I had a customer do the exact same thing and that is NOT covered in the lifetime guarantee!! HOWEVER the lady at HO office after informing me of this, did replace it. The guarantee covers normal wear and use from over time, not the customer dropping it. So when you call HO I would definately watch your wording when you talk to them. HTH and Good Luck :eek:)

Thanks for that heads up. I will start thinking of a good way to word it. Any suggestions?

HO didn't have any problem with me for the rect baker when I said that I was doing what the recipe said.... I would just say that she was going to drain the pasta or something, and it slipped out of her hands and fell.

how's this sound?
"The Stock pot was dented in normal wear and tear in any cooks kitchen and needs to be replaced. It is lifetime guarantee isn't it?! Here's her info.
They ask more questions stay vague....
It was SOOO slippery that it slid off the counter and got dented...shouldn't we have some sort of surface that protects from this?

The lady said it is sooo heavy and hard for her to hold that she couldn't grasp it and suggested we conform the handles more ergonomically.

Her sense of grasp escaped her while using this product she loves so much.

I dunno..something vague or something that comes WITH a suggestion for us to change always sounds like our fault...although it wasn't I'd rather say that then have that client so dissapointed that we did not uphold our lifetime g.

You don't have to say anything. Just put it into our online Product Adjustments, and they will send you a return Confirmation number.
My granddaughter (24 yr.) dropped her Mom's brand new 8 qt. Stockpot,
and did not tell her Mom. When Mom used it and went to put the lid on,
it did not fit. She jumped to the conclusion that someone in the household had dropped it, and finally the "true confession" confirmed her suspicion. I would not have known it was dropped by looking at it. The outside walls were not dented. This set is the Professional set. It was replaced within a week after I returned it. That story is worth its weight in GOLD. PC does
stand behind our products. The online questions are so non specific that we do not have to create stories to insure we will get the replacement. Isn't that refreshing?

Generally HO will not replace a product if the damage is considered misuse. Dropping a product is considered misuse.

I once had a customer who received her quick-stir pitcher broken (in shipping). I called HO and told them "One of my customer's QSP is broken" and they sent a replacement.

Some time later, I had another customer who DROPPED her quick-stir pitcher. I called HO and told them the same thing, "One of my customer's QSP is broken." The phone rep was processing the adjustment when I happened to mention that the customer DROPPED it and the rep said, "Oh, you didn't say that at first. That is considered MISUSE and the warranty does not cover that."
But in the end, she was nice and replaced it anyway, but she told me for future reference that anything the customer drops is not covered.

HTH

This girl has spent probably $500 or more with me just since October, so I think they owe it to her to keep her as a customer. Those are the kinds of customers they need to make sure are happy. I know I take of her on my end.

Grandmarita said:
You don't have to say anything. Just put it into our online Product Adjustments, and they will send you a return Confirmation number.

I agree...just do a product adjustment. Instead of looking for words to stretch the truth, just say it's dented and needs to be replaced.

Well..I was actually trying to be funny but it didn't come out that way I guess.
I agree...keeping her business when everyone drops things and I for one do NOT see this as MISUSE...unless EVERYTHING in her kitchen is bent and it's reoccruing. It's worth more to keep the customer happy IMO.

I find honesty is usually the best policy
jenniferlynne said:
Thanks for that heads up. I will start thinking of a good way to word it. Any suggestions?

Usually if you're honest they'll take care of the customers.
hth

liz

Just so that you know, I called about my broken stone, got my reference #, sent it out the next day....it the status is still only showing received on Feb 15....and that is it :( ....so expect for it to take awhile

Whenever I have problems (I've dropped/broken my food chopper TWICE and 2 stones) I just call and say "it's broken" They never ask for details...I do as much online as possible, but sometimes you just have to call!

Related to Is a Dented Stock Pot Covered by the Warranty?

What is "Oops!! She Dropped It!!"?

"Oops!! She Dropped It!!" is a special collection of kitchen tools and gadgets designed to be durable and withstand accidental drops or spills in the kitchen.

What makes "Oops!! She Dropped It!!" different from other kitchen tools?

"Oops!! She Dropped It!!" products have been tested and proven to be more resistant to drops and spills compared to other kitchen tools. They are also backed by our lifetime guarantee, ensuring quality and durability.

Are "Oops!! She Dropped It!!" products safe to use in the dishwasher?

Yes, all "Oops!! She Dropped It!!" products are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Can I purchase "Oops!! She Dropped It!!" products individually or do I have to buy the whole collection?

You can purchase "Oops!! She Dropped It!!" products individually or as a set. We offer a variety of options to fit your specific needs and budget.

What is the return policy for "Oops!! She Dropped It!!" products?

As with all Pampered Chef products, "Oops!! She Dropped It!!" items come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • chellb1234
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ivykeep
Replies