• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Accidental Pot Damage - Is It Covered by Warrranty?

In summary, the guest's pot fell off the counter and dented it, but because it wasn't basic wear and tear, the lid won't fit now and the company says the pot cannot be replaced under the warranty.
heat123
Silver Member
Hey ladies, does anyone know if an accidental and denting is covered in the LT warrenty to replace a pot (since it's not basic wear and tear problems)?? A guests pot fell off her counter and dented it and now the lid Will Not fit. :(

Just wanted to see if anyone knew before calling HO?

TIA!

I would do the adjustment online. It should go thru that way.

cincychef said:
I would do the adjustment online. It should go thru that way.

I agree... I always do mine online - then you don't have to deal with differing opinions at the solution center about what is covered and what isn't.

I did an adjustment for cookware (just the 8" saute pan) online. It didn't give me a reference #. I thought one would come by email and it didn't, so I called solution center and they said we can't do cookware adjustments online.

Have others been successful with doing a cookware adjustment online?

jennyl said:
I did an adjustment for cookware (just the 8" saute pan) online. It didn't give me a reference #. I thought one would come by email and it didn't, so I called solution center and they said we can't do cookware adjustments online.

Have others been successful with doing a cookware adjustment online?

Hm, interesting.. new policy? Good to know.

Never tried online but I have had this happen and they replaced the skillet. :)

I just did a cookware adjustment over e-mail. I didn't call because it was right during the Thanksgiving/Christmas busy time. It would be difficult to do an adjustment for one piece from a set on CC because you wouldn't be able to pick which pan/pot you need to replace.

I have done many adjustments for cookware online, even in sets. They just hold the adjustment number and email you to find out exactly what piece or pieces need replaced. I have not had a problem submitting any adjustments online.

You should be able to overwrite the basic data (if they bought a set) & data entry the one number for the item you are referencing. ;)

I emailed HO and here was the repsonse I got:
In reviewing your particular situation and based on the information you provided in your initial e-mail, it appears that your product was not damaged under normal conditions when used according to the printed instructions. As indicated on the back of your sales receipt, a replacement, exchange or refund is not offered in cases where the item is misused or damaged contrary to the printed instructions. Understandably, we have to set standards to our guidelines, and therefore the guarantee is voided and your item is ineligible for replacement. Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance. Romer TanaleonSolution Center RepresentativeThe Pampered Chef, Ltd.The Pampered Chef

Man that sucks Heather!

Chef Kearns said:
Man that sucks Heather!

Well maybe if my customer called, they would grant one?? Which I told her to do anyways. ;)

I wonder, does homeowners insurrance covers things like this?

When it comes to cookware, I make sure the customer calls. Only because it is the HOs word they get. I tried to return a piece for a lady and when I told her that they would not replace the piece she went all ballistic on me. I had gave her the number and made sure she had her receipt and asked her to call. They told her exactly what I told her and this time she had to take their word for it. So I vowed never to do it again. I found that the more expensive the product, the more picky HO is about making the adjustment. DCB is another one I have had issues with. I had a lady drop the lid when she was cleaning it, and HO told me no and then when she called, they replaced it. So... I think it actually is better if the customer calls. I mean that is why HO makes sure the info is on the receipts. I was told along time ago that returns are part of customer service but that we really should NOT do them ourselves. What HO means when they say we should handle returns is to make sure the customer has the warranty/receipt and point them to the phone number. I got that straight from HO. I do that.

Related to Accidental Pot Damage - Is It Covered by Warrranty?

What is considered "accidental pot damage"?

Accidental pot damage refers to any damage that occurs to your Pampered Chef cookware due to unexpected or unintended causes, such as dropping the pot or scratching it with a metal utensil.

Is accidental pot damage covered by the Pampered Chef warranty?

Yes, accidental pot damage is covered by the Pampered Chef warranty. Our warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship, as well as accidental damage that occurs during normal household use.

How long is the warranty for Pampered Chef cookware?

The warranty for Pampered Chef cookware varies depending on the type of cookware. Most of our cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty, while some may have a shorter warranty period. Please refer to the product packaging or our website for specific warranty information.

What should I do if my Pampered Chef pot gets accidentally damaged?

If your Pampered Chef pot gets accidentally damaged, please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will provide you with instructions on how to submit a warranty claim and help you get a replacement pot if necessary.

Are there any exclusions to the Pampered Chef warranty for accidental pot damage?

Yes, there are some exclusions to our warranty for accidental pot damage. Our warranty does not cover damage caused by improper use, abuse, or commercial use of the cookware. It also does not cover damage caused by non-Pampered Chef products or normal wear and tear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • Melissa78