• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivating My Recruits...what Do You Think?

In summary, The Home Office is challenging us to get THREE contacts a day, TWO shows a week, and ONE recruit a month. This will help us get a consistent business.
ChefNic
Before I send this email to my two recruits...let me know what you think.
Both of them need to turn in SOMETHING to stay active in October!!! Already one went inactive Sept 1st, and has now turned in a small order. They haven't qualified yet...and I really want them to know I am here to support, but not just be a cheerleader!
TIA!! I appreciate it!
Hey guys!
I really hope you are able to come to the meeting tonight!
It seems so long since we've had a meeting, so I'm really looking forward to this one tonight!

I want to challenge you to get TWO shows for October.
November is the Sell-a-thon...our awesome chance to get the Spring Products!!!!
Believe me...it is so nice to have that free stuff...and show it to everyone...when I don't earn the free stuff, it seems overwhelming , so much new stuff that I don't have!
Without October shows....November is going to suffer. Two October shows will most likely turn into 2-4 November shows, or more!

~ Call those on your list of 100 - - if you just mention how wonderfully juicy, tasty and EASY the BBQ pork tenderloin is, people WILL want that Deep Covered Baker for 60% !! ! !
My host from Saturday was talking it up so much to her outside orderers - - she got TWO of them (outside orderers) to want OCTOBER shows!! AND...AT her show, I got ONE Catalog show and ONE Kitchen show for OCTOBER!!!
PLEASE, believe me when I say...People WANT THIS!!! But YOU have to let them know it's the special, and let them know what makes it so useful! Email them the recipe for the BBQ Pork Tend...I'll attach it.

~ Offer them a DOLLAR DAYS booking. This is where they get a product for the price of the day of the month. They book for October 15, they can get a $30 product for $15...basically this is another 1/2 price item for them. If they book for November 1st...they can get it for $1. (Obviously it works best for early month bookings) You choose how you want to do it...maybe you set the item as a $30 product, or a $20 product, you want early month bookings, so you can still fill the rest of the month at that show! Set a limit..."It must be a $400 show" or whatever you decide. When you enter the host's order in, she gets her free stuff, 1/2 price items, etc...and you put that incentive on under her Host Discount, so you aren't paying full price for it anyway, and the part you pay add it as "Consultant Gift" ..it is tax deductible...Your commission on her $400 show is AT LEAST $80, so you are still ahead, and it got you a booking and most likely a couple bookings from that show. You also get commission on the host discounted items, so it's cheaper that way too.

~Call everyone you can...talk to everyone you can...Carry that PC coozie cup everywhere...Walmart/grocery store, etc...it may lead to a conversation with a stranger...I've heard before..."Ah excuse me, do you sell Pampered Chef? I want to order 2 Measure-All cups" or "I haven't had a show in years, I didn't know anyone who sells it" ...You don't have to say a word, you are a walking billboard!

~ Who were the four hosts you put down on your consultant agreement? Have you contacted them, and asked them if they'd be willing to help you get your business started, and they can get FREE Christmas presents?

~ Offer to get the ingredients for the dessert you make when they book an October show.

~ Put a signature on your emails...maybe add the Host Special for the month you want to book. Or say, "Like a little? Place an order. Like a lot? Book a show! Like it all? Become a consultant!!" or "You book it, I'll cook it" or "Invite the guest, and I'll do the rest"...you get the gist.

~ If you have any old Spring/Summer catalogs, print a mailing label that says something like "Call me for a NEW catalog with NEW products" stick it on front and leave it at a doctors office, or at the bank with the lady that always helps you, or your grocery store clerk, etc.

~ 3-2-1...this is the Home Office's challenge to us. 3 contact a day, 2 shows a week, 1 recruit a month. Doing this will get us a consistent business. Doing your job once a month, makes it hard and scary. Doing it once or twice a week, it becomes second nature. I started PC doing one show a month. Once I started becoming more consistent, I no longer get nervous. If I go several weeks, I get nervous again! Get the momentum rolling, and it will be a FUN RIDE!! Rollercoasters often start going UP a hill, very slow...then WaHOOO...down the hill, and the rest of the ride is fast and fun!! It's hard at first to get the ball rolling, but it will take off, and you'll have it where you want it.

Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to help you. Let me know if you want to chat on the phone once a week, once a month, or never...

CHALLENGE:::
Please do this...Pick 2 of the eight ideas above, and implement them this week! Call or email me with the two you chose, and I'll call you at the end of the week to see how it went!

You've put a lot of thought into this e-mail! Wow!

This e-mail assumes that they want to work. Do you know that that's what they want? Maybe they just aren't into PC right now... I'd sugget calling them first and see what they are up to and if they are wanting to work their business this month and then if they say yes, tell them you can offer them some ideas to get on track and then send the e-mail.

Find out what their needs are then go from there... don't make assumptions. They both already might have something on their calendars that you don't know about...

If you really want to support them, CALL THEM!!!!!

PS: Also, personalize the e-mail if you do send it... "Hey guys" isn't very warm and fuzzy...

Good luck!

You know, I got all excited and though "I'll send this to my team as well!!" And then I read your response Colleen. And you're SO right. I tend to handle my team much like the way Nicole is speaking in the email. Yet, you're right...we need to find out what THEIR goals are before we assume they want to be working. I had never really thought of it like that. I tend to hide behind emails and you are SO right - we need to GET ON THE PHONE...not only with out customers and hosts but with our team most of all!!
Thanks for the wake-up call Colleen. My business and I appreciate it :)

Can you tell I just got back from a Director Retreat? :D

finley1991 said:
Can you tell I just got back from a Director Retreat? :D

Color me JEALOUS!!!!
Please please please share your notes with me!!!

No real notes to share. It was such an experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lady who founded the DSWA led the retreat and it was amazing! She had us doing a lot of role-playing and had us practice coaching each other! I think it has been one of the best events I have ever attended. Nancy Jo Ryan, Marie Friedag and Patty Mocerino put it on and they deserve major kudos!!!!

Ok...thanks...I won't send it.
I didn't put much forethought into it...
I just wanted to motivate them.

I agree with Carolyn, I hide behind emails!
(("the phone is my friend, the phone is my friend, the phone is my friend" ))

Glad I asked advice...this whole mentoring thing is new to me. I just know that I work better with some motivation, but sometimes when you're new, you don't have the ideas, etc...so if it's all written down,and they can SEE it, the ideas will soak in.

Always makes me wonder...do I REALLY want directorship...??

Hey ...ya know what...I could print it out...and use it for MY guideline when I'm on the phone with them...???
Eight ideas to give them to get bookings.

YES! You do want Directorship! All of the perks make it worth it! The good times far outweigh the frustrating ones!

Great idea to use it as your guideline. And then when one of your recruits says she's stuck and needs some direction, the work is already done! All you have to do is push SEND!

Great job! :)

What are some effective ways to motivate my recruits?

The best way to motivate your recruits is to lead by example. Show them your passion and determination for the work, and they will likely follow suit. Additionally, it is important to provide clear goals and expectations, offer rewards and recognition for their achievements, and regularly communicate and check in with them to ensure they feel supported and valued.

How can I create a positive and motivating environment for my recruits?

Creating a positive and motivating environment starts with fostering a sense of teamwork and camaraderie among your recruits. Encourage collaboration and support among team members, and celebrate their successes together. It is also important to provide constructive feedback and address any conflicts or issues promptly and respectfully.

What strategies can I use to keep my recruits motivated in the long term?

Keeping recruits motivated in the long term requires ongoing effort and attention. Some strategies to consider include setting achievable and challenging goals, providing regular training and development opportunities, and offering incentives and rewards for achieving milestones. It is also important to recognize and appreciate your recruits' efforts and contributions regularly.

How can I handle demotivation or lack of motivation among my recruits?

Before addressing demotivation or lack of motivation, it is important to understand the root cause. Talk to your recruits and listen to their concerns and challenges. Offer support and guidance, and work with them to come up with solutions. It may also be helpful to revisit goals and expectations and provide additional resources or training if needed.

How do I balance motivation with accountability for my recruits?

Motivation and accountability go hand in hand. It is important to clearly communicate expectations and hold your recruits accountable for their responsibilities and goals. However, it is also crucial to provide support, encouragement, and recognition for their efforts. Building a culture of trust and open communication can help maintain this balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
barbara_anne
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • Jennie50