• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a 13-digit American Express card valid for payment?

In summary, she had an American Express card with only 13 numbers on it, and when she tried to enter the order into PP it told her the card was invalid. PP said that there were only 13 numbers on the card, and when she called American Express they said that that was how the card was supposed to be formatted. American Express said that she should just forget about the order and call her back later. PP told her that she entered the numbers wrong, and that she should call American Express back and have them run the order for her. She was able to correct the numbers and the order still went through.
mandydollie
I had a customer pay using her American Express at my show on Friday. However, there are only 13 numbers on her card instead of the normal 16. I asked her about it when I was writing it down and she said that's how American Express does it. However, now that I'm entering her order PP is telling me that the card is invalid. What do I do? This is a $193.14 order !!!!!

Call her back and tell her that you must have transposed a number or written part of it down incorrectly, don't say anything about the 13 numbers. Just leave it at that. Also, double check that you wrote the exp # correctly.

Last edited:
I double checked the number when I took her order and she assured me that the card is valid. Just found it odd that there were only 13 numbers. I will call her this morning and see what happens. When I enter it in PP, it gives me the invalid error before I even get to the exp. date.

Did she have the card or just the number? Double check that you didn't transpose a number - I'm bad about that myself.

she had the card. i just sent her an e-mail that I must have written something down wrong and to call me when she wakes up. If she doesn't call by noon, I will call her.

Good luck with it. I'm sure it's something simple.

Yes, amex does have less numbers that visa & master card. I would wait until you hear from her because it sounds like the number you put into PP is wrong for it to tell you that it is invaid. It could be a wrong exp month/year.

This happened to me all the time and I always got the error message. I just don't take AMEX anymore. I was actually going to ask if we even accepted it because it just doesn't accept in PP.:confused:

I've had no trouble with AMEX cards. And yes they have less numbers

mandydollie said:
I had a customer pay using her American Express at my show on Friday. However, there are only 13 numbers on her card instead of the normal 16. I asked her about it when I was writing it down and she said that's how American Express does it. However, now that I'm entering her order PP is telling me that the card is invalid. What do I do? This is a $193.14 order !!!!!

Never had a problem with Amex either. I just checked my card & there is 15 #s so you are missing 2 #s. Just put the #s in & dont try to match them upwith the boxes.:cool:

YEP...missed two numbers. She called back and all is well!!! thanks for your help ladies! This gal booked a show for December 1st AND wants to sign. She said that she will sign at her show!! WOoHOO!!! That's number 2 for me.

That is great. Way to go.

I use AMEX all the time. I believe AMEX has 15 numbers. At least that is what my personal card has. Check with her again and see if you got the numbers right then call HO and have them run it for you. I have had similar problems with some debit cards, but HO is usually able to correct it for me. I think to flat out refuse to take a form of payment maybe a bit risky.

Good luck.

Related to Is a 13-digit American Express card valid for payment?

1. How do I use my American Express card to make a purchase with Pampered Chef?

To use your American Express card for a Pampered Chef purchase, simply enter your card information at checkout on our website. You can also call our customer service line to place an order and provide your card details over the phone.

2. Can I earn rewards or points with my American Express card when I use it for Pampered Chef purchases?

Yes, American Express cardholders can earn rewards or points when making purchases with Pampered Chef. As an American Express merchant, we participate in their rewards program and your points will be automatically applied to your account.

3. Is my American Express card accepted at all Pampered Chef locations?

Yes, Pampered Chef accepts all major credit cards including American Express at all of our locations, whether it's online or in-person at a Pampered Chef party or event.

4. Can I use my American Express card to pay for my Pampered Chef consultant's services?

Unfortunately, we do not currently accept American Express for consultant services. We recommend using another form of payment such as a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover card.

5. Is my American Express card information secure when I use it for Pampered Chef purchases?

Yes, we take the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. When you make a purchase with your American Express card on our website, your information is encrypted and protected by our secure server. We also do not store your card information after the transaction is completed for added security.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gailz2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nancycookspc
  • BadGirl