• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interesting Thing About Arbonne...

In summary, an area manager in a jewelry selling company makes over $3000 a month, but the majority of consultants make only $300 a month. This is a pyramid scheme.
Chef_2_Four
I have a friend that I have been trying to recruit sign up for arbonne. she hasn't made any sales and this was about 2 or 3 months ago. well I had another friend that signed up just so she could get the 35% discount. I found out from friend #2 that they only make 4% commission and how they make their money is they buy the product at 35% off and resell it for 15% off and they keep the 20%. I thought that was interesting. friend #2 is going to buy stuff for me at her 35% discount. I couldn't believe that is how they make their money! Oh, and on their website somewhere it shows the avg paycheck of consultants and it is $75 and some change, and it is noted that, that INCLUDES a bonus of some sort! You have to be an area manger (which is above a district manager so level 3) to make any money. even a disctrict manager only makes almost $300 a month. It says on there that it isn't a pyramid scheme, but during a new consultant slide show they have a picture of a people pyramid explaining how it works. Now I know that in PC the higher you are the more you can make but in 2 months as a plain old consultant I made half of what the area manager makes and with out all the work!! My friend #1 is crazy if she thinks she is going to make money off this!! she doesn't promote it either!!

Wow! I'm floored! Who would even sign up to do it? Someone in my area just signed up b/c she doesn't know anyone in the area but come on!:rolleyes:

You got me Kristi!! I was thinking the same thing about Premier Jewelry. I agreed to do a party swap with a PJ lady. She does 2 companies; BeautiControl and Premier. I told her I wanted to do a BC spa party (sounds like fun)! She said, "I really need it to be a jewelry party so I can pay off my kit. I took out a $1500 loan to pay for my kit." I was like WHAT!!! Now why in the world would you sign up to do that?! I don't even like the stuff! I'm not much of a jewelry person. At least she's doing her PC party first!

I've studied Arbonne quite a bit because an area consultant tried to recruit me 2-3 times. The structure of the company was WAY too pyramid-like rather than Direct Sales...and I found a TON of evidence of inconsistencies in how there product is developed, manufactured and sold. They claim it was developed in Europe (Switzerland) but they didn't build a building there until recently. They just rented a room so they could have an address there. They actually bought already developed formulas, manufactured them in the US and sold them. I'd have to dig up all my research to support this again...but that was the summary.

That being said, they do have some good products...just personally could never work for a company and sell for a company that wasn't being fully forthcoming with their products.

janetupnorth said:
I've studied Arbonne quite a bit because an area consultant tried to recruit me 2-3 times. The structure of the company was WAY too pyramid-like rather than Direct Sales...and I found a TON of evidence of inconsistencies in how there product is developed, manufactured and sold. They claim it was developed in Europe (Switzerland) but they didn't build a building there until recently. They just rented a room so they could have an address there. They actually bought already developed formulas, manufactured them in the US and sold them. I'd have to dig up all my research to support this again...but that was the summary.That being said, they do have some good products...just personally could never work for a company and sell for a company that wasn't being fully forthcoming with their products.
That's VERY interesting...my chiropractors wife sells it "off the shelf" at the office, and has been so vocal about the whole "Swiss process" deal....I bet she doesn't know the whole truth! (I'm not telling her!)

I have a friend who has been trying to get me to join. I went to the meeting and saw the whole slide show (yawn). The area manager here said that she was making over $3000.00 a month and had the new BMW in the driveway that they gave her. Supposedly you get to pick any one you want as long as it is white. She just bought a new gorgeous home as well and is a single mother. She had worked at the YMCA previously.

Funny, I have a friend I was also tring to recruit and she signed up with MK. I was floored at how much there kit was and what there commision is. I don't know why anyone would go else where. I am so PROUD to be a PC consultant and of the company. Wish I could save her from making a big mistake. She hasn't bought the 1800.00 kit they suggest her to buy. Any suggestions would help. She just signed up 5 days ago.

You know I had a friend that signed with PC but had thought about Arborene (SP?) she was telling me about being right under the person above you and how great that was. I was confused and just said that is how most all direct sales companies are then she said she needed to recruit so many people and didn't think she could. I said PC is yours you never have to start any one else. Well she signed with me so it wasn't too appealing.

I didn't know about the swiss thing, that is interesting. The highest paid director avg was 31,000 a month. she told me that whoever was above her director was bringing home 50,00+ a month. i told my husband, and mother in law that it was a crock. i know more people who have never heard of it than have heard of it! I guess she will learn she's not gonna pay the rent like that!

I also had an Arbonne rep try to recruit me and she said in one year's time, she was making $6K/month and also had the white mercedes...and was able to quit her full-time job. I was a little confused about the comp structure though.

She also kept repeating the "consumable product" issue. That once you have customers, they keep coming back to replenish their products...
I did think that was a bonus to selling Arbonne.

By the way, Stacy, I love your avatar! That's such a cute picture!

cat said:
I also had an Arbonne rep try to recruit me and she said in one year's time, she was making $6K/month and also had the white mercedes...and was able to quit her full-time job. I was a little confused about the comp structure though.

She also kept repeating the "consumable product" issue. That once you have customers, they keep coming back to replenish their products...
I did think that was a bonus to selling Arbonne.

By the way, Stacy, I love your avatar! That's such a cute picture!

I've heard the whole "consumable products" speil....not sure how true it is. I buy "consumable products" from several DS companies, but I've NEVER had even one call me for a re-order....I just order when I'm invited to a party or happen to meet a consultant at a booth or something.....even my neighbor and my good friend who sold MK - she never called or even asked if I needed anything - I always had to track her down.

I heard the same "consumable product" spiel - that is what they use as a big selling point. My husband even asked me when I signed up with PC if I could do something like Arbonne instead because it was consumable. After a little "discussion" that was a mute point! ;)

I'd rather buy a product from PC that lasts me 10 years than an expensive products from Arbonne - yes it lasts awhile but it is way above my price range usually. Consumability only sells to a point and to a certain income range.

Their other selling point for recruiting is their # of consultants per area compared to us. They say, hey, you can recruit fast because there is money to be made. However, they can pretty much only make good $ by recruiting...

Becky - and funny - my chiropractor sells it out of her office too...

I have friends who signed up with ReLiv. They put up $5000 -- I believe 5% went directly to their recruiter to compensate her for training them (can we spell P-Y-R-A-M-I-D??).

They get $3250 in product, are supposed to get the commission when they sell it, and actually get the bulk of their profits from recruiting (hey, $250 per recruit wether they do anything or not!).

They have conference calls almost every evening, many out of town meetings, and can sell online but I believe they have to pay the credit card fees (or it is deducted from their commission).

A Pyramid is when the company makes the bulk of their money by selling the product to the reps instead of when the reps sell their product.

If I am wrong, please correct me, but I know the $3500 for $5000 worth of product is correct.

That's why I Love THIS BUSINESS!!!! Thank you, Doris!:D

jwpamp said:
I have friends who signed up with ReLiv. They put up $5000 -- I believe 5% went directly to their recruiter to compensate her for training them (can we spell P-Y-R-A-M-I-D??).

They get $3250 in product, are supposed to get the commission when they sell it, and actually get the bulk of their profits from recruiting (hey, $250 per recruit wether they do anything or not!).

They have conference calls almost every evening, many out of town meetings, and can sell online but I believe they have to pay the credit card fees (or it is deducted from their commission).

A Pyramid is when the company makes the bulk of their money by selling the product to the reps instead of when the reps sell their product.

If I am wrong, please correct me, but I know the $3500 for $5000 worth of product is correct.

That's why I Love THIS BUSINESS!!!! Thank you, Doris!:D

This sounds alot like Amway/Quixtar/whatever else they call themselves....you don't make money by selling the product - you make by getting other people to spend alot of money chasing "the dream".

Wow
Chef Kearns said:
You got me Kristi!! I was thinking the same thing about Premier Jewelry. I agreed to do a party swap with a PJ lady. She does 2 companies; BeautiControl and Premier. I told her I wanted to do a BC spa party (sounds like fun)! She said, "I really need it to be a jewelry party so I can pay off my kit. I took out a $1500 loan to pay for my kit." I was like WHAT!!! Now why in the world would you sign up to do that?! I don't even like the stuff! I'm not much of a jewelry person. At least she's doing her PC party first!

I have heard of spending money to make money, but this is ridiculous. LOL
I just had an arbonne lady drop off a "kit" with me 10 minutes ago so I could try the products. I met her at a baby expo. I will let you all know if this stuff is really good for me or not. I really like the all natural ingredients they say the stuff is made from. I am pregnant and need something to control my hormonal pores!!!

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I have heard of spending money to make money, but this is ridiculous. LOL
I just had an arbonne lady drop off a "kit" with me 10 minutes ago so I could try the products. I met her at a baby expo. I will let you all know if this stuff is really good for me or not. I really like the all natural ingredients they say the stuff is made from. I am pregnant and need something to control my hormonal pores!!!

Debbie :D

I have tried it, loved some of the products and will buy some in a couple of weeks when we get paid. I just don't agree with how they make their money! LOL!! I would rather make my money by working hard and giving the customer the best service instead of trying to see how many people I can recruit!! The product is great!!

I too went to a show last night, my neighbor just signed with Arbonne.
There was a National Senior Executive Vice President (or something) there and she did her "recruiting" bit. It was LONG and CONFUSING!!! But she did talk about the consumability thing, and even stated:

"There are lots of other Network Marketing (their term for direct sales) companies, but really ladies, how many pieces of Stoneware do we really need"

I was totally SHOCKED!!! This was someone high up in their company,white Mercedes and all, and she would say something so STUPID!!!! There was a room full of about 20 women and she didn't know anyone. I was not offended because I can't be bothered, but someone else would have been really put off. I did order to support my neighbor. I personally don't care how consumable it is, I will not be reordering, the stuff is WAY out of my range!!!!

BTW...Their shipping is HIGH!!!!!up to $99+7.95, $100-249.99=9.75 and so on.

Thanks for letting me vent...no one else "gets" it!!!!
Leah

I can't believe she said that! I have never compared us to another at a show!! I probably would have been like I have 6 pieces of stoneware and love all of them! but I have a big mouth too!!

I have a freind that does Arbonne and she was talking about how they have over all these zillion+ consultants - This is a recruiting speil I guess but that makes it sound like it is very saturated I am sure those inflated numbers include all the people that have signed up for a 35% discount. That is really not what I consider a consultant.

Yep, I'm one of those "consultants." I signed up to get my 35% off of the vitamins/supplements I take.

pcleah said:
"There are lots of other Network Marketing (their term for direct sales) companies, but really ladies, how many pieces of Stoneware do we really need"

See, I've never thought of Network Marketing and Direct Sales being the same thing at all - I think she was very confused. The Network Marketing companies that I know of (Melaleuca, XanGo, AdvoCare, etc) really are more of the pyramid-type schemes where it seems that people largely "join" (it's a membership) in order to get discounts on the products.

There are very few products (and these tend to be beauty or wellness products) that I love enough to pay that kind of money just to have the "benefit" of being able to buy them cheaper. One Arbonne lady compared it to joining Sams or CostCo, which sounds fair enough, but at the same time I still have choice in my purchases at those stores - I'm not boxed in to a brand.

I hear you completely! I'm going to try the baby stuff for my babies, they have eczema bad! I have tried so many otc lotions, that I heard from someone that I know that swears by the baby stuff. My friend is going to give me some samples and if I like my other friend will order under her name so i can get the discount!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've heard the whole "consumable products" speil....not sure how true it is. I buy "consumable products" from several DS companies, but I've NEVER had even one call me for a re-order....I just order when I'm invited to a party or happen to meet a consultant at a booth or something.....even my neighbor and my good friend who sold MK - she never called or even asked if I needed anything - I always had to track her down.

I guess I'm kinda the opposite. I usually stick to one person when buying a consumable product. Like Avon, Arbonne, Tastefully Simple...my reps keep in touch with me, so I continue to buy from them. (I get mailings, email and phone calls once in a while). And my Arbonne rep really tried to sell me on the "Autoship" program they have, where I get the products I use regularly automatically shipped to me each month. (I didn't do it)
So I suppose if an Arbonne rep could sign up enough people on the Autoship, that would help to ensure good income.

I decided to stick with PC because I really love the products and I'd rather do a cooking demo than a skincare presentation!

Chef_2_Four said:
I hear you completely! I'm going to try the baby stuff for my babies, they have eczema bad! I have tried so many otc lotions, that I heard from someone that I know that swears by the baby stuff. My friend is going to give me some samples and if I like my other friend will order under her name so i can get the discount!

My two boys have eczema as well and I tried the Arbonne baby products but it didn't work that well for them....

Hopefully you will have better results!

pcleah said:
....................... but really ladies, how many pieces of Stoneware do we really need"

I was totally SHOCKED!!! .............
So, did you ask her if she wanted to book a show?! LOL How rude and unprofessional, especially from someone considered to by higher-up in the company. I think I might have told her (privately) that her remarks were offensive.

cat said:
I guess I'm kinda the opposite. I usually stick to one person when buying a consumable product. Like Avon, Arbonne, Tastefully Simple...my reps keep in touch with me, so I continue to buy from them. (I get mailings, email and phone calls once in a while). And my Arbonne rep really tried to sell me on the "Autoship" program they have, where I get the products I use regularly automatically shipped to me each month. (I didn't do it)
So I suppose if an Arbonne rep could sign up enough people on the Autoship, that would help to ensure good income.

I decided to stick with PC because I really love the products and I'd rather do a cooking demo than a skincare presentation!

This is a good customer service lesson! IF even one of the consultants from other DS companies had kept in touch with me, I would definitely continue to order from her.....but since they didn't bother to call....
I think it was Elaine who first gave us this quote on CS - "It's not their job to call me, It's MY JOB to call them!".....I've been repeating that to myself all this week as I've made booking/recruiting/customer care calls!

ChefBeckyD said:
This is a good customer service lesson! IF even one of the consultants from other DS companies had kept in touch with me, I would definitely continue to order from her.....but since they didn't bother to call....
I think it was Elaine who first gave us this quote on CS - "It's not their job to call me, It's MY JOB to call them!".....I've been repeating that to myself all this week as I've made booking/recruiting/customer care calls!

So true! I don't think that arbonne offers the training that PC does. I have seen their "consultant" website and there is nothing about training on there and it is not user friendly I don't think. She signed up with PC when I was trying to recruit her. I just want to say told you so! But I won't, I'll just think it! LOL!!

I did a show last month for my Arbonne rep. and the ONLY people that showed up to her show were other Arbonne consultants. The whole night all they did was try to recruit me to sell both PC and Arbonne!! I had signed up for the "discount" because my mom was trying the diet shakes and pills (Which she ended up returning because they made her sick), so she didn't have to pay full price. Well, once they caught wind of that little fact it was like I was in a pool full of sharks! I couldn't get a PC word in edgewise. When the host of the party said "I got her signed up to sell Arbonne!" my reply was "okay, so how can I talk YOU into selling PC?" She didn't think that was too funny and was kind of a PITA the rest of the night. UGGH

I can't believe that! I told my friend up front that if it was a I'm gonna try to get you to sign up thing I wasn't going, she said oh no it's an informational meeting so i was like ok. sure enough it was all about signing up! sharks is the correct word! i'm not gonna push someone into PC and i felt like they were trying to push me into selling arbonne. oh well.

It all comes back to customer service peeps. My Arbonne person was horrible about keeping in touch with me, forgot to place the $30 massage oil I wanted on the last order, and still never got a replacement for the broken lipstick that broke the first day I used it! I've kept her on my customer list b/c she buys like $100-200 every time she buys from me. So what does that tell you? Who knows how much she spent to have all those samples out at her last party.

The 35% off deal, I almost did it b/c i ordered from her twice and I would have made the $ back (can't remember how much it was but not much), but you have to give your SSN, which signs you up as a wholesaler...meaning you can sell but don't have to. At that pt I told her no thx, b/c in case I ever promoted w/PC it would be a conflict. And I didn't want to give my SSN just for a discount!

I agree. Consumables do get used, but I have often switched my product loyalty when I've run out of a product based on 1) the rep 2) my budget or 3) how my body is reacting to it. But people will always eat!

I did the 35% discount thing for two years, but my sister-in-law started doing melaleuca this past year and I love their products even more than Arbonne...and they are cheaper. The two companies are totally different in structure. Arbonne does have some great products. I just can't afford many of them. I have a good rep. She has had 2 PC parties for me. I never used the baby products. But, Cat maybe you should check out the melaleuca products. Their lotion is great for eczema. Their products are all natural too. Maybe there is a rep in your area that would give you a sample to try. My mom used the melaleuca oil mixed with water on my nephew's cradle cap and it worked wonderfully.

All Direct Sales companies are basically Network Marketing. We are all a network of consultants selling for a company. A pyramid is where you can recruit a bunch of people and then do nothing and make money off of your recruits. PC is not a pyramid because in order to make money off of our recruits we have to meet sales quotas ourselves, and everyone has the same potential to make money every month.

Hmmm...never heard of melaleuca. But thanks Shawnna, I'll look into it!

As soon as the warmer weather comes, my sons' skins do clear up some.

1. How do consultants make money with Arbonne?

Consultants make money by purchasing products at a 35% discount and reselling them at a 15% discount, keeping the 20% difference as profit. They also receive a 4% commission on sales made by others they have recruited to join the company.

2. Is it true that the average paycheck for Arbonne consultants is only $75?

Yes, the average paycheck for consultants is reported to be $75 and some change. However, this includes a bonus and only applies to consultants at the level of Area Manager or above.

3. Can consultants make money without reaching the level of Area Manager?

Yes, consultants can make money at any level in the company. However, the higher the level, the greater the potential for income.

4. Is Arbonne a pyramid scheme?

No, Arbonne is not a pyramid scheme. It operates as a multi-level marketing company where consultants earn income through product sales and recruiting others to join the company.

5. How does the earning potential in Arbonne compare to that of Pampered Chef?

The earning potential in Arbonne and Pampered Chef may differ, as each company has its own compensation plan and structure. However, in general, the higher the level in the company, the greater the potential for income in both Arbonne and Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jdavis
  • evk1972
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies