• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Insurance Deductions for Taxes: Understanding the Amounts

In summary, the conversation is discussing the deductions for insurance on tax purposes and how the 1099 forms received from the company already have those deductions subtracted, resulting in net figures instead of gross figures. One person has placed a call to clarify and correct their 1099, and others are checking to see if they have had the same experience. It is noted that this has happened in previous years as well.
pamperedape
For tax purposes, how much is deducted for insurance? I have so many numbers in my head that I'm not sure....

$2 per month. You can find it on your month end commission statements on CC.

Thanks so much Beth!!!!

See the thread about our 1099's. I just discovered that the figure PC gives us on our 1099, for each individual month, already has subtracted the Insurance and the Shipping fees they took from our Gross. In other words, the 1099's that I have received are NET figures rather than the GROSS figures you would expect them to be. Maybe they have some Accounting Rule that allows them to do that but it surprised me. I have placed a call to clarify, and correct my 1099, if this should not be happening. I looked back to my 2007 figures, and low and behold, they did the same last year.

Can anyone check their 1099, and see if it has happened to you too. Just compare your monthly commission statement with a few of the monthly totals shown on the 1099.
They could be off by $10 in January when they took two insurance payments and $6.00 for shipping of the changeover kits.

Grandmarita said:
See the thread about our 1099's. I just discovered that the figure PC gives us on our 1099, for each individual month, already has subtracted the Insurance and the Shipping fees they took from our Gross. In other words, the 1099's that I have received are NET figures rather than the GROSS figures you would expect them to be. Maybe they have some Accounting Rule that allows them to do that but it surprised me. I have placed a call to clarify, and correct my 1099, if this should not be happening. I looked back to my 2007 figures, and low and behold, they did the same last year.

Can anyone check their 1099, and see if it has happened to you too. Just compare your monthly commission statement with a few of the monthly totals shown on the 1099.
They could be off by $10 in January when they took two insurance payments and $6.00 for shipping of the changeover kits.

Mine just shows what I brought home after insurance and shipping charges were taken out.

Grandmarita said:

yes, Rita, they do this every year.

1. What are insurance deductions for taxes?

Insurance deductions for taxes refer to the amount of money that can be subtracted from an individual's taxable income to reduce their overall tax liability. These deductions may include health insurance premiums, long-term care insurance, and other types of insurance premiums.

2. How do insurance deductions affect my taxes?

Insurance deductions can lower your taxable income, which in turn can lower the amount of taxes you owe. This can result in a larger refund or a smaller tax bill. However, not all insurance deductions are created equal, and some may have limitations or restrictions on how much you can deduct.

3. What types of insurance can I deduct on my taxes?

The most common types of insurance that can be deducted on taxes include health insurance, long-term care insurance, and certain types of business insurance. However, there may be limitations or restrictions on these deductions, so it's important to consult with a tax professional or refer to the IRS guidelines for specific details.

4. Can I deduct insurance premiums if I am self-employed?

Yes, self-employed individuals can generally deduct their health insurance premiums, as well as certain other types of insurance premiums, as long as they meet certain criteria. This can include being the sole proprietor of a business, having a net profit for the year, and not being eligible for coverage through a spouse's employer.

5. How do I claim insurance deductions on my taxes?

To claim insurance deductions on your taxes, you must itemize your deductions on your tax return. This means you will need to keep track of all your insurance payments throughout the year and provide proof of these payments when filing your taxes. It's important to consult with a tax professional or refer to the IRS guidelines for specific instructions on how to claim insurance deductions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
3RingChef