• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will Have to Make Some Decisions Today...

ended up in a ditch...and the insurance company would not cover it because it was considered an "act of God". We were so angry...but thankfully, the tow truck guys were there and we were able to get the car out.I will be praying that the same thing happens for you and that everything turns out okay.Janet, thanks for sharing your story. Your story is so similar to mine and I am grateful for the grace that we were able to receive. I will be praying that you are able to get everything worked out and that you are able to keep your car.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I was in an accident today - slid straight through a curve on an un-sanded road...was going was under the speed limit, but still considered my fault.

I am waiting to hear if the insurance will total my van, do I still have to pay a deductible, is it worth yanking the bumper out and still driving or do I have to get another vehicle.

Please pray that things will work out. I only have a specific amount of money I can come up with for all this including yanking out of my "emergency fund".

I just need prayer that we'll hear quickly and be able to make the right decisions.

Got you covered! Glad you're doing okay! The weather is crazy around here! Terribly cold and slick.

-20 wasn't fun...luckily the van still ran to keep us warm until tow trucks arrived and no injuries.Thanks!!!!

Yes, we were at -14 a few minutes ago... Brrrrr....

Glad you are okay! Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Sorry to hear this Janet, glad you were not hurt.

So glad to hear you weren't injured...prayers for good news from the insurance company and that everything will work out in the best way possible.

Janet, so sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you're ok! I'll be praying for good news, too!

I hope it works out for you Janet, and thank goodness you (or anyone else) were not injured.

Glad to hear you are OK!!!

I have dreaded going out the last few days. The black ice is terrible! I came close to doing the same thing yesterday. NOT FUN!

Oh Janet - I'm so sorry!

I will be praying for wisdom, and that you will see God at work in the middle of this!

Oh I'm glad you are alright Janet.

I'm so glad you and your family are alright. I pray for a quick decision from the Insurance company.

Prayers said!

more prayers for you. glad that you weren't hurt.

Where two or more are gathered together in His name, He is in the midst! Our thoughts and prayers are with you for the decisions that need to be made. So glad you are okay. Those guardian angels are working overtime today!:angel:

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Thankful that no one was hurt. I hope the insurance company comes through for you.

Oh Janet! I am SO thankful none of you were injured. I'll be praying!

Glad you are all ok.

Hope everything works out ok for you...

FYI... I was in an accident back in July that wasn't my fault. The insurance company totaled my car and didn't give me a choice about if I wanted to keep it... they had a tow company come and get it from my house- I was so angry I was 3 payments away from paying the darn thing off and wasn't ready to take on a new car payment. Needless to say I had to... I love my 2005 Toyota Sienna, but I don't Like my payment.

Well, I'm against car payments because:1. They don't fit in my budget.
2. I'm trying to pay off all debt and live debt-free (minus the house).
3. Why should I spend most of my hard-earned money paying someone else interest.I have a line on a Suburban like my husbands, of course, it too is high mileage...about $2200 last I knew. I am praying that if we have to go that route the family will come down to $1700 because that is all I can scrape up. So if you want to pray specifically for that, I'd appreciate it.I'm hoping my DH can get me a camp vehicle this afternoon so I can get my fire gear, car seats and the kids. Then my van is locked up for the weekend in the collision yard. :(Still waiting on the insurance adjuster...I was told Monday - YIKES!

specific prayers said for the insurance adjuster. i work with them everyday & its always a fight. i hope there is no fight for you & everything wraps up quickly.

glad you are safe.

Praying for all things to come together! So glad to hear no one was hurt! I hate cold weather and the black ice. It is a rarity down here in SE TN, but it's horrible! Hopefully the adjuster will get there today and get the ball rolling!

Talked to insurance, without looking, total loss...Talked to DH and he agrees to probably total it if we can buy the used Suburban available...Pray that we can get it within our budget...

Big prayers that everything works out!

First, I am glad that you are all safe and not hurt. That is a scary experience.

Second, I will pray that the financial stuff works out. A similar thing happened to DH and me just before we got engaged . We spun out on black ice entering I-80 in chicago, and (fortunately) veered into the ditch and flipped the car. Neither of us was hurt at all! It was a miracle that we didn't veer into the traffic on the expressway, it would have been a horrific accident. Anyway, my DH was in grad school for aerospace engineering, his funding had run out, and he was living on loans and had to pay for both living costs and tution (not cheap!), he also had car payments on the car (and was planning on buying me an engagement ring - ha!). God really was at work, because with the insurance money for the car (which was totalled) he was able to pay off the old car and buy a new one that was a year older but way lower milage, paid off in full, so no car payments! It really was a blessing in disguise! Anyway, I will pray that this situation will work out similarly for you (I know it sounds unlikely). And at least we can all give thanks that no-one was hurt.

Praise God for His protection! I'll be praying for the finances and logistics to work out in your favor.

janetupnorth said:
Talked to insurance, without looking, total loss...

Talked to DH and he agrees to probably total it if we can buy the used Suburban available...

Pray that we can get it within our budget...

Janet, go on to "Kelly blue book" and see how much you car is worth. You should get an idea how much the insurance company will pay you.

letscook04 said:
Janet, go on to "Kelly blue book" and see how much you car is worth. You should get an idea how much the insurance company will pay you.

One of the first things I did as soon as I had contact with a computer. ;)

Thanks all for the continued prayers!

Something else I learned when this happened to me that I did not know... the car dealer told me to ask my insurance company about paying the taxes on my new car. I had never heard of that, but asked and they did pay me the tax amount on the value of my old car, it was a couple hundred bucks. Had the dealer not said anythig I would have never known and not gotten the extra money.

Heather - can you explain that further? Making them pay taxes on the value of your old car?

Glad to hear you are okay, Janet. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way!

Oh gosh, what a pain, but I am so glad you are okay!

glad you're ok Janet. We went through that with my son a few years ago. The brakes on his car didn't work correctly...he got a ticket for driving too fast for weather conditions. I think he was driving 30 in a 45...maybe. But anyway, his car was totalled and he slid into another car and it was totalled. Insurance said "Car is totalled and we are picking it up." They gave us more than we had paid for the car 3 years before...we bought it used. They took off money for cig. burns in the seat that were there when we got the car and there were a few other things, but he was able to put a little money with it and buy a great pick-up. Hopefully you will be able to get what you need. Our insurance was very fair and quick...we have USAA insurance for army officers and their families. It has been a lifesaver on premiums. I pay God will meet you needs.

Thanks Shawnna - I am at peace that all will be fine, although anxious for quick resolution.After reading the "Do not participate" thread and also what a friend wrote yesterday on Facebook, I rejoice in God's blessings that He has already given me...Here was her post:Discontentment: Might as well rob GodDiscontentment, for me, does not make sense. Not because I have been given so many blessings, though I have. Not because I can always look outside of my little padded world and find someone who has less than I do, though I easily could. Discontentment doesn't make sense because it is unbecoming of the redeemed to steal from Christ.Someone I love, who knows me very well spoke this rebuke to me one time. I actually wrote it down.
"Amy, you will find what you are looking for. When you are discontent you are refusing to give glory to Christ for the evidences of His grace in your life. That is satanic. You are despising His presence in your life in the little things. He showed up a hundred times today and you worked hard to put His light under a bushel."I will never forget those words. That sting was divine. I was robbing God of glory. I was telling my Maker I wanted more than His son (unthinkable). I was belittling the everything that Christ gave to purchase me. I hate to think it, but I know I'll do it again.I can even do this in response to my failures. I can assess them in human terms. I can tell myself I need more from the people around me, and drain them dry with my wrongful expectations. I can manipulate my circumstances to maximize my so-called happiness. All the while I forfeit opportunities to produce contentment, in myself, beyond what I ever imagined.The quickest way to contentment is like everything in Christianity; it's opposite of what you might guess at first. Glorify Christ and He will give you joy and peace. Serve and sacrifice for others and be blessed. Christ, for the joy set before Him, endured the cross. We are no different. Contentment comes to us in the very same way.So, thief (I'm speaking to myself) go therefore and steal no more. In Christ, you will find you already have it all."Not that I am speaking of being in need,
for I have learned in whatever situation
I am to be content...Yet it was kind of you to
share my trouble."
Phil. 4

Oh I am so glad you are ok Janet - prayers being said that all works out for you - (sorry so late, I just signed on to CS !!)

PamperedDor said:
Oh I am so glad you are ok Janet - prayers being said that all works out for you - (sorry so late, I just signed on to CS !!)

I don't care about late! One more person praying for the finances is just fine with me!

Janet, Glad to hear you are alright. I have actually thinking about you alot this week with the weather as cold as it is and am so glad to hear that despite the accident today that you are doing well and I pray that everything will work out for you with your vehicle.

Prayers coming your way Janet! You WILL get the vehicle that was meant for you and your family. Thank goodness you and your family are unhurt! Having an accident myself back in September and rolling my truck, I so know what you're going through and I'm so very happy you are all alright :)

Janet ... I'm so sorry. I pray for favor with the insurance adjuster, that he will give you what the vehicle is really worth, and that God will open the door for a better vehicle.

And even in the midst of this, what a blessing you are! Praise God, you have an emergency fund! I don't ... I really should ...

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will CHOOSE to say
Blessed be your name!

I didn't 3 months ago (Emergency Fund) but I was very focused to get that done and felt very led to save all I could for 3 months. I now know why I guess....and I LOVE that song!!!!

One more prayer coming your way...

Thank you! In about 20 minutes I'm calling someone we know on an old Suburban for sale...

I'm glad your alright, Praying everything works out good for you and your family.

Oh my goodness, God is so good!We knew my daughter's piano teacher's DH wanted to sell his '94 Suburban that is identical to what my DH drives.I had called to find out what he wanted for it and we've been waiting for him to call back. On Friday I figured out all our outstanding bills for the month, food, gas, tithing, etc., all our money coming in and all our available savings (I've had an emergency fund but have been saving every extra penny because I felt I needed to - not knowing what for). I figured out I had $1757.28 I could spend on this vehicle, so I've been praying that amount is sufficient. What I forgot in all this budgeting was title, taxes and license plates for this purchase. This guy wanted $2500 for this Suburban about 4 months ago. DH talked to him and he is bringing it to test drive tomorrow before we say yes. Everything works except A/C. It needs a front end alignment. He says he will sell it to us for $1500!!!!I just added $1500 + local taxes + title fee + estimated alignment and came up with $1746.63.I am in AWE of how good God is right now.I asked DH if I can give this guy a big hug tomorrow!!!!

I just want to say everything isn't 100% settled of course, but want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers. God has used you in a mighty way!My mood says it all!

:):):)

That is AWESOME news! And like you said, God is good!

So happy for you Janet! :)

Awesome news Janet! and, you have enough left over to buy a PC license plate frame from Merrill!

Great news!!! I am so glad things are working out!!

yay God! That is awesome Janet. This news made my night.

pamperedlinda said:
Awesome news Janet! and, you have enough left over to buy a PC license plate frame from Merrill!

Already have one, but they didn't fit on my van. Now I can put one on! We'll need something to distinguish the vehicles...two identical Suburbans...both Firefighter plates...

Luckily, Steve's does have a big black grill guard that will keep them apart!

<h2>1. Will my insurance cover the damage from the accident?</h2><p>It depends on your insurance policy and the specific circumstances of the accident. It is important to contact your insurance provider as soon as possible to determine your coverage.</p><h2>2. Will I still have to pay a deductible even if my insurance covers the damage?</h2><p>Again, this depends on your insurance policy. Some policies have a deductible that must be paid before the insurance coverage kicks in. It is best to check with your insurance provider for clarification.</p><h2>3. Should I try to fix my van or get a new vehicle?</h2><p>This is a personal decision that depends on the extent of the damage to your van and your financial situation. It may be more cost-effective to repair the van, but if the damage is severe, it may be safer to get a new vehicle. Consider consulting with a mechanic or car expert for their professional opinion.</p><h2>4. Can I afford to fix my van or get a new vehicle?</h2><p>This is a difficult question to answer without knowing your specific financial situation. It is important to consider the cost of repairs or a new vehicle and how it will impact your overall budget. You may also want to speak with a financial advisor for guidance.</p><h2>5. Can I request prayer for a quick resolution and making the right decisions?</h2><p>Absolutely. We understand this can be a stressful and overwhelming situation, and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for a speedy resolution and guidance in making the best decisions for your situation.</p>

1. Will my insurance cover the damage from the accident?

It depends on your insurance policy and the specific circumstances of the accident. It is important to contact your insurance provider as soon as possible to determine your coverage.

2. Will I still have to pay a deductible even if my insurance covers the damage?

Again, this depends on your insurance policy. Some policies have a deductible that must be paid before the insurance coverage kicks in. It is best to check with your insurance provider for clarification.

3. Should I try to fix my van or get a new vehicle?

This is a personal decision that depends on the extent of the damage to your van and your financial situation. It may be more cost-effective to repair the van, but if the damage is severe, it may be safer to get a new vehicle. Consider consulting with a mechanic or car expert for their professional opinion.

4. Can I afford to fix my van or get a new vehicle?

This is a difficult question to answer without knowing your specific financial situation. It is important to consider the cost of repairs or a new vehicle and how it will impact your overall budget. You may also want to speak with a financial advisor for guidance.

5. Can I request prayer for a quick resolution and making the right decisions?

Absolutely. We understand this can be a stressful and overwhelming situation, and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for a speedy resolution and guidance in making the best decisions for your situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedtara
  • Sheila