• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Would You Consider a Gps Tax Deductible?

In summary, the author recommends purchasing a GPS system because they are always going to mapquest for directions. The author also recommends taking the GPS system as a tax deduction. They also recommend getting a bluetooth GPS because it is a great help in emergencies. Lastly, the author recommends google searching for Bluetooth.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
My dh and I are seriously considering purchasing a GPS for me because I'm driving all over FLorida. Well, an hour north and an hour south and I'm ALWAYS going to mapquest for directions.

I'm wondering, do you think purchasing a GPS would be tax deductible for PC?

Thanks for your input. :)

My DH bought me one last yr and you can deduct it with a bunch of stipulations so we decided NOT to count it as a tax deductible.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! Brian bought me one for my bday and I LOVE IT!

I took mine as a deduction!

Considering that we drive to our shows and we need to know how to get there and back home - yes, I believe that it would be deductable.

Absolutely. Mine is a lifesaver!!

You bet your behind I would.

This comes from someone who is great around metro Detroit/Wayne/Oakland/Macomb and Washtenaw county, but you get me in the country and I dead in the ditch. I can't tell you the number of times I have left a show, in the pitch dark, only to realize I have no idea how to get home. Just one wrong turn in the dark in the country can really mess me up.

Yep! We claimed mine for 2007...since DH got me mine for Christmas this past year. Our accountant said no problem! I would *NOT* have gotten it without selling PC, so I can deduct it with no problem!

We just got one and i love it.... I don't know what we did with out it......

Thanks guys! Just ordered the Garmin 350 for $199. Now one of my team members wants to sell me her Garmin 660. We'll see for how much. Which ones do you guys own?

I have a Garmin nuvi...it was $299 at Christmas time when DH bought it...

Garmin c580. Brian did lots of research and thought this one would be best for my needs.

Magellan here. Love it!

I have the Garmin Nuvi.Also, you can use it to track your mileage to/from shows!

Oh good, I"m in good company! I did order the Garmin Nuvi as well I'm not sure what the difference is really. We're thinking of upgrading the 350, returning and ordering the Garmin Nuvi 360 for the bluetooth.

We went with the 350 b/c his dad has it and we can share maps as well.

What is SO great about having a bluetooth GPS? I simply just don't get it yet. I know it's going to be the way of the future but do I REALLY need it on a GPS?

Thanks for all your answers!!

Last weekend we had some pretty bad storms here... not like the ones in Iowa and other places but a quick one that left a lot of trees and wires down for days. I was on my way to my class Monday night (night after the storm) and am not too familiar with the town the class is in other than the main streets. There was a tree down across one of the roads and I was able to see on my GPS that if I went through a neighborhood I could come out on the other side. Before GPS, I would have gotten lost. So that is an extreme case as to why to have one but it was a great help!And for me... I have ZERO clue about Bluetooth! I know it's my computer has it as well as my mobile phone but I don't know what it is or what it does. Guess I should go google it! :)

I never thought of it as a tax deductible, but I would definitely recommend getting one! I absolutely LOVE mine! Even driving in the country, it takes me right to the door! And, I don't have to waste time on the phone getting directions (which I'm terrible at getting and giving!! :rolleyes:)

It'll be great in the winter too when you can't see clearly where you're going in the dark!! ;)

finley1991 said:
And for me... I have ZERO clue about Bluetooth! I know it's my computer has it as well as my mobile phone but I don't know what it is or what it does.

Guess I should go google it! :)
Bluetooth is a wireless communication protocol, most often used for phone earpieces and computer mice. My guess is that a GPS system with Bluetooth can be connected wirelessly to a computer to receive updates, or can communicate with a cell phone headset so the directions aren't audible to everyone in the car (in case you have sleeping kids in the backseat, for example).

Heck yes!! I have the garmin nuvi and I love it. It got me to my director's house without issue. I'd be lost without it.

The other thing I love about this (warning: this might be lame) is that when you get to your destination, it says, "Arriving at destination on left." I love that because if it's already dark out when I arrive at a host's house, sometimes I can't tell which side of the street the house is on. And I've gone up to too many houses thinking it was the host's house when it was really the one across the street!

finley1991 said:
The other thing I love about this (warning: this might be lame) is that when you get to your destination, it says, "Arriving at destination on left." I love that because if it's already dark out when I arrive at a host's house, sometimes I can't tell which side of the street the house is on. And I've gone up to too many houses thinking it was the host's house when it was really the one across the street!
That is not lame!!! I would buy one just for that!!! Ughhhh, nothing irritates me more than trying to find a house, that does not have obvious numbers on the house and it's dark!! I've gone up to a house or two (okay more than that!!) and it wasn't the right house!:yuck: :grumpy: :eek:

I have a Tom Tom it works great in the city but here where I live it is horrible. But it would also help if the city here had addresses right. The city has our address 3 blocks away from where it really is and our friends down the street.
I was going to a hostesses house and I was so lost due to piles of snow and her house looked so different and it kept telling me that I needed to turn around and I knew I wasnt far enough down the street.

Related to Would You Consider a Gps Tax Deductible?

1. Can I deduct the cost of a GPS device used for work purposes?

Yes, if the GPS device is used exclusively for work-related travel, you may be able to deduct the cost as a business expense. However, if the device is used for both personal and work purposes, you can only deduct the portion of the cost that is used for work.

2. What types of work-related travel expenses can I deduct?

You can deduct expenses for travel that is necessary and ordinary for your job, such as driving to and from off-site meetings or conferences. This can include the cost of a GPS device or app used for navigation during work-related travel.

3. Do I need to keep track of my mileage to deduct GPS expenses?

Yes, you will need to keep a record of your mileage for work-related travel in order to accurately calculate your deduction. This can be done manually or through a GPS tracking app.

4. Can I deduct the cost of a GPS app on my phone?

If the GPS app is used exclusively for work-related travel, you may be able to deduct the cost as a business expense. However, if the app is used for both personal and work purposes, you can only deduct the portion of the cost that is used for work.

5. What documentation do I need to support my GPS deduction?

You should keep a record of your work-related travel, including dates, locations, and mileage, as well as any receipts or invoices for the GPS device or app. This will help support your deduction in case of an audit by the IRS.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Jennie4PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
karlene
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies