• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tax Prep Accountant Fee: How Much Should You Expect to Pay?

one pays an accountant and the other does it all themselves with TurboTax.I paid $400 to have my taxes done last year with H&R Block.
floccies
I just got the bill from the accountant for Income Tax Prep $461 State and Federal.

Does this seem high or is that about what others are paying?

We have three kids and own our own home. There is a Schedule C but I have the expenses typed into Excel by by categories and subtotaled. The receipts are also bundled together in categories. There are no dependent care expenses. I "fill in the blanks" of a "many" page form, including Schedule C information. I also include a list of questions and information about things that might be deductible or I don't know where to put them on the form.

If you don't mind sharing, what do you pay if an accountant prepares your taxes?

My husband works for H&R Block as tech support and they basically use a "turbo tax like program. If you have the answers why pay someone else to fill in the blanks for you. I have been doing Turbo Tax all 6 years that I have been with PC and I also have children and a house. It is easy and it finds your mistakes for you. The program is about $60 and would save you a lot of money. If I can do it anyone can. Save yourself about $400!!!!

I would think that that is a high amount but I've been very lucky and have never had to pay more than $35 for my taxes, and I'm definetely not a accountant!
My friend does my taxes for me, both her and her husband run business from their home and they purchase the software and she then does mine, and I pay her in product!! I give her about 40$ worth of product! Works out great for the both of us!:D

I used the H&R block deluxe version on their Web site. It cost $39.95 to file both federal and state. I had tons of questions asked about the biz and got a nice return. Don't pay someone $400 to do your taxes!!!

I would say that is outrageous!!! Did you pay for a rapid refund or anything?

I think that is way, way, way to expensive. It sounds like you did all the work. My accountant charges by the form. We pay 200-300 a year, but we have a farm, a catering/restaurant business, my PC business, and I have always worked another job. Our taxes are very complicated.

My husband has done our taxes with turbo tax home & business every year since we have been married. (He is working on them right now). We have 2 kids, house, PC business, his full time job and I have a part time job outside of PC. He has never had a problem with turbo tax.

yikes, that's crazy!!! the most i've paid is $175 and that was having a professional tax acct do it and we had some confusing issues with the house and his dad. other than that, i've always done them myself with turbo, or taxact. now we have an old family friend do them and it's about $100.

next year i'll probably do them because all the confusing stuff will be done with.

We have an acct do our taxes (my PC biz, hubby owns his own biz, house, hubby's student loans, etc) & I think we pay in the $100 range. I think $400 is way too high!

That's ensaing... I work for H&R Block as well..... that is way too high !!! Get it checked by someone else.... H&R Block has the double check challenge wouldnt' hurt to see.

Is he offering Audit Guard? My sister pays her accountant and pays more for "insurance" or what ever its called so if they ever get audited ... that's what she told me... going from the horse to the donkey with the information.

Personally I think its too much. The software takes you through it step by step and is pretty easy. I guess if you got like a $10K return it wouldn't seem like that much, but to me I'd rather pay the $60 for the software.

I paid around $400 last year at H&R Block because the tax preparer incorrectly charged me for business prep ($300) and personal ($100). PC is supposed to be rolled into personal taxes so it should be around $100. I did ours personally this year to save myself the hassle...

I think we paid $355 last year for our tax guy to do it and it came with audit assit insurance. We want to make sure everything accounted for and is in order so we have always had someone do it for us!

OUr neighbor pays $175 and another neighbor pays $225. Neither have an at-home business but I still think around $250 would be the most that you would need to pay for an accountant when you're that organized. Perhaps an early-bird break would be something you could negotiate for next year....

We paid $450 last year. Every year it's gone up. We've had an accountant do it since we had an engraving business and I always felt it was way too high but we have never been audited and he knows all the "gray areas" We do get a lot back and I don't think if we did them ourselves, we'd get as much back. We give him the numbers and he uses what he needs to get us the most back. I haven't gotten billed for this year yet so hope it doesn't go up again!

I paid an account around $100 for 1040, Schedule C, and Property Tax (I rent a house), Student Loan Interest, Bank Interest, etc. It took about an hour and I had printed off PP for him and he regrouped everything. Plus I had my refund in just over 2 weeks! I will never do anything other than this place, because it was the least amount of hassle ever for my taxes!

Taxes....We paid $335, for a CPA to do our taxes, and that includes audit insurance, schedule C, we own a home, I have 1 child. My one and only piece of advice is....you get what you pay for. I would much rather have my CPA dealing with the IRS than myself. As a person who has seen first hand (my parents - my father has his own busines) what the IRS can do when they question your return, all I can say is it's not pretty. In the eyes of the IRS you are guilty until proven innocent. They will freeze, garnish anything they can get their hands on. Working in the financial services industry, I have had numerous clients who decided to "do it themselves" only to get a letter from the IRS, and then are in a huge panic about what to do. In the long run, they have to get a CPA to handle the situation.

ltkacz said:
We paid $335, for a CPA to do our taxes, and that includes audit insurance, schedule C, we own a home, I have 1 child. My one and only piece of advice is....you get what you pay for. I would much rather have my CPA dealing with the IRS than myself.

We paid about $400 this year...included audit insurance and a "rapid refund" charge. They take it out of our return instead of us having to pay upfront.

My husband is a minister and considered self employed. I had 2 -1099's and a W-2. There are SO many deductions we can take for ministry and PC. I hate paying so much but would rather have someone "have my back" than to depend on a box or a friend. If our taxes were more simple, I'd love to use something cheaper :)

What is a tax prep accountant fee?

A tax prep accountant fee is a charge for services provided by a professional accountant to assist individuals or businesses in preparing their tax returns. This fee can vary depending on the complexity of the tax return and the services provided by the accountant.

How much does a tax prep accountant typically charge?

The fee charged by a tax prep accountant can vary depending on their experience, location, and the complexity of the tax return. Generally, the fee can range from $150 to $450 per hour. Some accountants may also charge a flat fee for their services.

What services are included in a tax prep accountant fee?

A tax prep accountant fee typically includes the preparation and filing of tax returns, as well as any necessary calculations and advice on tax deductions and credits. Some accountants may also provide additional services such as tax planning and audit representation for an additional fee.

Can I deduct the tax prep accountant fee on my tax return?

Yes, you can deduct the tax prep accountant fee as a miscellaneous itemized deduction on your tax return. However, this deduction is subject to a 2% adjusted gross income limitation, meaning you can only deduct the amount that exceeds 2% of your total income. It is important to keep all receipts and documentation for your tax prep accountant fee in case of an audit.

Are tax prep accountant fees the same for individuals and businesses?

No, tax prep accountant fees can vary for individuals and businesses. Business tax returns tend to be more complex and time-consuming, so the fee charged by a tax prep accountant may be higher for businesses compared to individuals. It is best to consult with an accountant to get an accurate estimate for your specific tax situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • chefmoseley