• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Info on Professional Cookware/Generation Ii

We use DuPont nonstick cookware and have never had a problem. The only time I ever heard of it being a concern was when someone said they had a sick bird that got sick from using a nonstick pan. I don't know about the long term effects, but I have never heard of any problems.Thanks for the information.
qbutterflies
I am new to this. I will be having my first show in 10 days. I had a friend ask me if the cookware can be used on a flat surface stove. She had a pot that was smooth on the bottom and it kept making a popping noise. She only uses one with a coil on the bottom of the pan. Does PC have a smooth or coil surface on bottom? Has anyone used our cookware on a flat surface stove?

I have used PC cookware on my flat surface stove and not had a problem. I have gotten the popping noise when the bottom of the pan is wet. As long as the pan is dry not problems.

I have talked with the test kitchens on this question in the past, our cookware is made for stoves of all types, including flat surface. As a matter of fact, on the flat surface models I have looked at, the manufactures directions actually state NOT to use cookware with the coils in the bottom! Have your friend check the warranty book on her stove for confirmation!

I have always had a flat stovetop and have used the Gen II and Proff. Set and both work awesome. Like the poster above I only get a popping sound when the pan bottom is wet.

ThanksThank you girls for the information. It really helps.

Here is 2 fliers that compare our cookware to other brands. (know that wasn't the question, but thought it would work well here.) There are also 2 fliers giving info on our 2 brands.

Attachments

• Cookware Comparison Different Brands.doc
    92.5 KB · Views: 600
  • Generation II vs. Professional Cookware.doc
    22 KB · Views: 982
  • COOKWARECOMPARISONcolor.doc
    159 KB · Views: 578
  • Cookware Generation II and Professional.doc
    146 KB · Views: 639
ThanksGinger-

Thank you for the flyers. They are great. I learned alot from them and feel more comfortable talking about it at my future shows.

I am always having people at my parties ask if these pots and pans are made with teflon. Does anyone know the answer of this question and why it seems to be such a big deal? Also what is the difference between the Generation and the Proffessional cookware other than the warranties?

There was a Dateline or one of those shows that did a piece on Telfon and nonstick pans.

As far as differences between the 2 kind we carry, look at the post 2 above...there are 2 different files that tell the differences.

Do our pots and pans have teflon or is it that we use Dupont? I am sorry, I have heard of these words for cookware, but never knew what it was.

http://missvickie.com/resources/cookware/1teflon.html
*Info on teflon

The Teflon® trademark was coined by DuPont and registered in 1945; the first products were sold commercially under the trademark beginning in 1946. Applications and product innovations snowballed quickly. Marketed as non-stick and convenient, the term "Teflon" is now a household name. The nonstick pans, many of which are manufactured by DuPont, are a popular choice.

On May 16, 2000, the 3M corporation stunned the rest of the chemical industry with an unexpected announcement: It had decided to stop producing a family of compounds used in Scotchgard, Teflon, and a host of other consumer products. Saying that the "perfluorochemicals" it had manufactured for half a century had been found to persist in human blood and wildlife, 3M portrayed its move as that of a conscientious corporate citizen.

DuPont acknowledges that the fumes given off by non-stick coatings can also sicken people, in a condition called "polymer fume fever", which can be erroneously diagnosed as the common flu. No one has never studied the incidence of illness among users of the billions of non-stick pots and pans sold around the world, or the long-term effects from the sickness.

While DuPont acknowledges that its nonstick coatings begin to deteriorate when the cookware reaches about 500 degrees, it notes that those temperatures are higher than typical cooking heats. And while it admits that birds may be harmed by the fumes, the company maintains that its pans are safe under normal use.

Non-stick pans have never been meant for high-heat cooking, as the instructions on any pan label will show. "We recommend cooking using coated non-stick cookware at low to medium heat," says Dupont's Rich Angiullo. "We know (our product) can withstand temperatures up to 500 F, well above any of the recommended temperatures for frying or baking."

What is the difference between Professional Cookware and Generation II cookware?

Professional Cookware is the original line of cookware from Pampered Chef, while Generation II cookware is an updated version with improved features such as non-stick coating and stay-cool handles.

Is Professional Cookware/Generation II suitable for all types of stoves?

Yes, both Professional Cookware and Generation II cookware are suitable for use on all types of stoves, including gas, electric, and induction.

Can Professional Cookware/Generation II be used in the oven?

Yes, both Professional Cookware and Generation II cookware are oven-safe up to 450°F, making them versatile for a variety of cooking methods.

What is the warranty for Professional Cookware/Generation II?

Professional Cookware and Generation II cookware both come with a limited lifetime warranty, guaranteeing their quality and durability.

Are there any special care instructions for Professional Cookware/Generation II?

To maintain the quality and longevity of your cookware, it is recommended to hand wash with mild soap and avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners. Also, avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing hot cookware in cold water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jasonmva