• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improve Your Show Presentations: Tips and Tricks from a PC Consultant

S
sfdavis918
I have been a PC consultant now for almost a year. I feel like it still hasn't clicked for me as far as my shows go. I still do a lot of "um"-ing and can't remember names of products. I also can't seem to retain information about our major lines, like the stoneware, cookware and forged cutlery.

What advice would you give me? I think I need to put together some flash cards about our lines and test myself all the time. Any other ideas?

Practice those lines OUT LOUD. Make a script for yourself of the points you want to cover on those major lines and then practice OUT LOUD. Did I mention out loud? LOL

Read, listen to tapes and other's stories. Then at your shows just be yourself. When talking about the products ask the guests for their stories - what they love about the products. When someone asks you about a product tell what you know. Refer them to the catalog. Tell them you can get that answer and then follow up.

That's a great idea Kelly. I never do that. I am going to start that tonight!!

I make myself a cheat sheet to talk about maybe 12 products or so of my choice. Definately the ones that I use to make the recipe and then a few others that I want to show case. I tell the name of the product, page #, description and ask the crowd if they have any of the products to tell me the great things they like about it. If they don't have it, I can tell them what I use it for because I don't showcase products that I haven't used. I use a few index cards to remind myself to introduce everyone and such. I don't use the cards as much, but I know they are there if I need them to discuss the products, especailly if I need to tell what page the item is on.

Involve the audience. Write down the key points about specific items knife, cookware, etc. Ask guests when you get to the item to share it out loud. It will relax you and you can let guests know what a great job they did as a PC consultant. It may make someone else see how easy your job can be. Not that I don't know what I am teaching, but this method also keeps people/kids focused. I have given my students key vocabulary and I tell them to listen for it. When I mention it, they have to stand and read what is on the card. They love the interaction and I know they are retaining more.

Related to Improve Your Show Presentations: Tips and Tricks from a PC Consultant

1. How can I improve my memorization and recall of product information during presentations?

One effective way to improve your memorization and recall is to create flashcards specifically for your major product lines. On one side, write the name of the product and on the other side, write key features and benefits. Test yourself regularly to reinforce your knowledge and make it easier to remember during presentations.

2. How can I reduce the amount of "um"-ing in my presentations?

One tip is to practice your presentations beforehand. This will help you become more familiar and comfortable with the content, reducing the need to fill pauses with filler words like "um". Additionally, try to slow down your speaking pace and take a breath before answering questions or transitioning to a new topic.

3. How can I make my presentations more engaging and interactive?

One way to make your presentations more engaging is to use visual aids, such as product demos or slideshows, to break up the monotony of talking. You can also incorporate interactive elements, like asking the audience questions or having them participate in a product demonstration, to keep their attention and make the presentation more memorable.

4. How can I improve my overall presentation skills as a PC consultant?

Aside from practicing and using flashcards, another way to improve your presentation skills is to watch and learn from other successful PC consultants. Observe their delivery, use of visual aids, and overall engagement with the audience. You can also attend workshops or seminars on public speaking and presentation skills to further improve your abilities.

5. How can I effectively communicate the unique features and benefits of our products during presentations?

One approach is to focus on storytelling. Share real-life examples or anecdotes of how the products have helped customers in the past. This will not only showcase the unique features and benefits of the products, but also make them more relatable and memorable to the audience. It's also important to practice and use your knowledge from the flashcards to confidently and clearly communicate the benefits of each product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 2chefsAJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
2chefsAJ
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • Jennie50