• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improve Your Handwriting: Avoid Miscommunication and Frustration

In summary, the person is frustrated because they can't figure out how to send an email to the person with the bad handwriting, but they think it is important to teach children good handwriting and spelling.
pamperedpnina
I'm guilty of it myself but seriously if you wanted someone to email you about replacing a part to an item would you not be sure they could read the email youleft????????????????????????????

I've tried 3 variations of what I think it could be all 3 undeliverable!

I'll ask my DH to see what he thinks when he gets home from work

I am not sure what you mean here, but clearly you are aggravated! I hope you can figure out what he/she means on the paper. Good luck

vwpamperedchef said:
I am not sure what you mean here, but clearly you are aggravated! I hope you can figure out what he/she means on the paper. Good luck

She means that someone wrote down an email address as their contact info, but the handwriting is so bad, she can't figure it out to send it to the right email address, and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

I feel your pain - I've had the same experience, and it is frustrating. That is one reason why handwriting (and spelling) is so important.

ChefBeckyD said:
She means that someone wrote down an email address as their contact info, but the handwriting is so bad, she can't figure it out to send it to the right email address, and it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

I feel your pain - I've had the same experience, and it is frustrating. That is one reason why handwriting (and spelling) is so important.

I could not agree more. My DH is horrible at spelling. I always ask him what he is talking about when he send's me something that is misspelled.

I am working with my two oldest boys (9 and 4 1/2) on their handwritting. Oldest has to write for 15 minutes every night in a journal to improve his handwriting. Middle son is actually writing better than my oldest.

I really should not be that frustrated b/c I'm a terrible speller and have awful handwriting (learning disability has something to do with it) but its just frustrating b/c I'd love to help her with her replacement order and I'm not sure I can!

Have you tried to look her up online (white pages, just add last name and the city where she lives) to find a phone number or an address?

If you have this information, you can send a note or call.

I'm guilty of the "chicken scratches" myself. lol

I work for a group of physicians----enough said. It sometimes takes a village to figure out what something says. We all stand in a group & turn the illegible object at different angles & usually someone figures it out. :confused: When we can't, we take it back to the MD for translation.:rolleyes:
We also keep a magnifying glass handy. Sometimes that helps.

ChefBeckyD said:

HA! Clearly I was looking into it more deeply then needed. I was like "why can't she read the email" LOL Not realizing it was her email address. It didnt make sense to me! Sometimes a little clarifying goes a long way! Thanks!

This just happened to me. I did a show and 2 people specifically wanted me to e-mail them recipes to go along with their new stoneware. They didn't provide me with a phone number, they were friends of friends (that the host didn't know), and the e-mail addresses aren't working. I keep trying to send it after changing it according to all the other possibilities, but it doesn't work. So I'm wondering if they no longer have the addresses. (cancelled it just 1 week after giving it out?!) oh well.

babywings76 said:
This just happened to me. I did a show and 2 people specifically wanted me to e-mail them recipes to go along with their new stoneware. They didn't provide me with a phone number, they were friends of friends (that the host didn't know), and the e-mail addresses aren't working. I keep trying to send it after changing it according to all the other possibilities, but it doesn't work. So I'm wondering if they no longer have the addresses. (cancelled it just 1 week after giving it out?!) oh well.

Or just made it up to put something there!

Related to Improve Your Handwriting: Avoid Miscommunication and Frustration

1. How can improving my handwriting help me avoid miscommunication?

Having clear and legible handwriting makes it easier for others to read and understand what you have written. This reduces the chances of misinterpreting your message and causing confusion.

2. Can poor handwriting lead to frustration in the workplace?

Yes, poor handwriting can lead to frustration in the workplace as it can slow down productivity and cause mistakes. It can also make it difficult for others to read and understand important information, leading to delays and misunderstandings.

3. What are some tips for improving handwriting?

Some tips for improving handwriting include practicing regularly, using the proper grip and posture, and slowing down while writing. You can also try using lined paper or handwriting worksheets to help improve letter formation and spacing.

4. How can I maintain good handwriting in the digital age?

Even in the digital age, it is important to maintain good handwriting skills. You can do this by continuing to practice writing by hand, using a stylus or touch screen to write, and incorporating handwriting into your daily tasks, such as making to-do lists or writing notes.

5. What are the benefits of having good handwriting?

Having good handwriting can improve communication, increase productivity, and boost self-confidence. It can also leave a good impression on others, as clear and legible handwriting shows attention to detail and professionalism.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • princessmeshelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • jesusluvsu2005