• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Trying! We'll See How It Goes. I Think I Need at Least 7 or 8

In summary, Carolyn's team is struggling to achieve success and is looking for ways to improve their business. Carolyn is considering sending out a survey to her team to get their feedback.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Team Survey?I have a team of about 23 right now. Only about 9 of them are active and/or communicative with me about what they're doing business-wise.

I have three on my team who have yet to do ANYTHING and are starting to look like kit-nappers.

I was thinking of maybe sending out a survey...online or otherwise...asking them what THEY need from ME. Would they like me to keep calling them weekly? Leave them alone? Set up specifi times to talk etc?

Have any of you done something like this before?

Ideas? Opinions? Tips?

I have been thinking of doing the same thing, I just haven't put it together yet.

I did that once and used Surveymonkey.com. It was good and really just gave me the feedback that I already knew. Everyone wants to learn to book and recruit and they don't want coaching calls or team trainings. Go figure. So I just keep doing what I'm doing and have the monthly trainings for those who can make it.

Carolyn - I would suggest calling people and asking them personally.

Mainly because you only have a smaller cluster.

cmdtrgd said:
Carolyn - I would suggest calling people and asking them personally.

This is what I have always done but I have so many who simply do not respond...they don't call me back no matter how many messages I leave :(

Those I would send a card/postcard to and then follow up with a call. I recently had a consultant who had to retire for health reasons and she gave me a small contact list. Those who had email addresses I sent an email to asking them to answer 4 questions (hosting, recruiting, email list and something else). I got about a 25% response.

I would try the email survey. But make sure its a very positive sounding nurturing one and include a please respond by date. Then you could do a follow up call to those who don't respond- you could say you were checking with them to make sure they got it and would they mind doing it on the phone.

You could offer a drawing entry or a new product or something for people to respond.

Sad that you might need a drawing to get people to respond to the survey- so you can help them better, but been there-done that.

I sent out a survey last night, we shall see if the respond to it.

Where do you send your surveys from?

chefkugler said:
I sent out a survey last night, we shall see if the respond to it.

What did you ask/. Would you mind sharing it?

I used the above Surverymonkey.com.
I asked things such as:
Are you happy with where your business is current? choices were completely, could be better, need some help.
Do you need more from your director? choices: Yes-weekly call, once a month is good, I'm fine on my own.
Do you feel you have all the training you need? Choices:
Yes, didn't get enough, Need more info in some areas.
If you could pick one area you would like help on, which one would it be?
bookings, recruiting, customer care, product knowledge.
There were some on recognition, meetings, do they want to grow a team.
I just went on and checked and 5 out of 9 have answered the survery.

Oh and I put one in there about going to National Conference.

UGH. I just went back and reviewed my survey that I did last spring. I remember how furious I was at their answers. I'm attaching the results below so you can see... should I be embarrased by my TEAM?

Basically, they all want to earn every incentive and lots of $$$ but don't want to work to get it.

And ironically, ONLY ONE answered the last question and it was a bogus answer anyway.

Okay.. now I'm frustrated with them again. :mad: Need to get a big glass of wine. And I guess I shouldn't have looked at it today. Out of the 7 I have active (they are dropping like flies...) 4 submitted sales this month with a total (woo-hoo) of $677. And one e-mailed me today that she can't close her $800 open house show because she's tired. Okay.... :bugeye: So I need to close and submit 4 tomorrow to get our team over the $4k mark. At least it will be a great commission check for me!

Okay... off for wine.. Enjoy viewing the survey and the pathetic answers... :sick:

PS: When I did offer the toll-free calls, no one participated.

So I decided to do a survey on my team's goals through the end of the year. Is it possible to separate out what person wants what by using surveymonkey?

I haven't played around with it enough yet to try that. I bet Colleen would know.
Colleen???

Yes... if you looked at my survey, you can see that some questions offered them the chance to give specific answers. BUT, the survey is anonymous so you wouldn't know who responded to what. Although, I know my team and knew who was saying what.

Surveymonkey is free so you can play around with it and fine tune it to what you want.

Hope that answers your question!

It does. I did send out the email through constant contact, so I can easily track it that way. Next time I'll see if I can give each person their own URL.

Okay... so this is funny... on the consultants coming to meetings note, I just got an e-mail from a HOSPITALITY Consultant asking me to do a meeting on weekends so she can attend. She can't make it on our normal night due to another conflict. Is she kidding?

well, you asked

I guess it shows us how much you integrate your hospitality consultants into your cluster!

cmdtrgd said:
well, you asked

This wasn't on the survey! She's a new hosp. consultant who joined me a few months ago!

I guess it just blew my mind because I would never ask her to change her commitment so she could attend the training!

PS: I didn't include hosp on the survey... just my team.

so, if she didn't get the survey, how did she take it?

ummmm...might be useful if I read the post, not skim it.

cmdtrgd said:
so, if she didn't get the survey, how did she take it?

No problem! I skim all the time!

She's on the e-vite with the rest of my team and e-mailed me with her "request" from that. It's still cracking me up!

Well, I guess she can't complain if she doesn't try to do something about it. My director always has her meetings on the 2nd Tues - has for years. If you want to be there, you make arrangements. Yes, I understand there are situations that are hard to get out of, but try for every other month or every three.

I was able to view my survey and see who answered what. It was nice to see each person's response.

How did you see who answered what?

Go to Browse responses. Then it shows you each persons survey.

That is under Analyze results.

Well at least she is hospitality so she can find another director with meeting dates that she can make.

Happy Chef said:
Well at least she is hospitality so she can find another director with meeting dates that she can make.

Yeah... I'm not quite sure why she hasn't done that!

Hopefully this will make you all laugh: She's only been to one training anyway! The meeting she came to we talked about booking lines, making calls for bookings, etc because at the time, my TEAM was REALLY struggling for bookings. For those who know me, know that I run this business like a business... it is not a hobby for me. So she ended up telling me at the meeting that I was too mean to customers and too forceful. Hmmmm... then why do I have a full calendar and she doesn't? Okay... we won't get into that one!

Anyway, this is an e-mail she sent to me after that meeting in regards to the next month's one:

I decided not to attend tonight because I am not ready to work at PC right now. As much as I liked your assertive personality and homework to get us going, I have to clear my desk literally and figuratively. I am not a person who can focus on what I need to with baggage from the past that needs to be completed. So I will continue working on my 'stuff' and my goal is to finish by the time I go back to school. Then I can devote time to PC and also not waste your time in being so helpful and encouraging to me.

Please continue to e-mail me with everything-I read it all.

Your style and poise are intimidating to me-those are qualities I don't seem to possess-being stylish and polished. I'm ok with myself, but would like a bit of a different exterior.

Okay...

What would you all do?

Just keep emailing her like she asked. You might want to forward this on to her director so she can either get her new hospitality or do damage control.

Good idea. She gets my weekly e-mails and anything I send out... sometimes she comments on them and other times she doesn't. No worries on my part... I find it more entertaining than anything else!

Looks like you have some interesting meetings Colleen! :) I had a Director from Utah call me to see if I would provide Hospitality for one of her girls then asked if I could take her to a few of my shows so she can get the hang of it. I told her I had just recruited 8 and that they were my priority as far as "shadowing." She then asked if I could give her to one of my "stars" then to train. I told her she was very welcome to come to my trainings for training. :)

finley1991 said:
Yeah... I'm not quite sure why she hasn't done that!

Hopefully this will make you all laugh: She's only been to one training anyway! The meeting she came to we talked about booking lines, making calls for bookings, etc because at the time, my TEAM was REALLY struggling for bookings. For those who know me, know that I run this business like a business... it is not a hobby for me. So she ended up telling me at the meeting that I was too mean to customers and too forceful. Hmmmm... then why do I have a full calendar and she doesn't? Okay... we won't get into that one!

Anyway, this is an e-mail she sent to me after that meeting in regards to the next month's one:

I decided not to attend tonight because I am not ready to work at PC right now. As much as I liked your assertive personality and homework to get us going, I have to clear my desk literally and figuratively. I am not a person who can focus on what I need to with baggage from the past that needs to be completed. So I will continue working on my 'stuff' and my goal is to finish by the time I go back to school. Then I can devote time to PC and also not waste your time in being so helpful and encouraging to me.

Please continue to e-mail me with everything-I read it all.

Your style and poise are intimidating to me-those are qualities I don't seem to possess-being stylish and polished. I'm ok with myself, but would like a bit of a different exterior.

Okay...

What would you all do?

I would give her the # of a local psychologist...

dannyzmom said:
I have a team of about 23 right now. Only about 9 of them are active and/or communicative with me about what they're doing business-wise.

I have three on my team who have yet to do ANYTHING and are starting to look like kit-nappers.

I was thinking of maybe sending out a survey...online or otherwise...asking them what THEY need from ME. Would they like me to keep calling them weekly? Leave them alone? Set up specifi times to talk etc?

Have any of you done something like this before?

Ideas? Opinions? Tips?

Why not attach something like this to your cluster newsletter? Got this from my mentor & friend Darcy:

Training

What would you like for training? Please email me and let me know what topics you’d like to see at upcoming Cluster and Focused Training meetings.

What would you like PERSONALLY for training from me? I am here as your director and supporter. I can help coach you and provide information on a variety of topics, but YOU have to let me know what you would like for YOUR business to succeed.

Do you want to schedule 30-minute training calls with me on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis? It’s up to YOU to let me know how you’d like me to support you.

If you’d rather call when you have a question, that’s fine as well. If you don’t reach me live, please leave your question or topic on my voicemail; along with the best time to call you back so I can respond back to you. Here are the BEST times to reach me, but if I’m not there, please leave a message!

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: ____PM – ___PM
Wednesday and Friday: ____AM – ___PM, ___PM – ___PM
Weekends: Try anytime up until 8:30 PM

My issue is that I don't get the responses. I did, however, get responses from the survey.

cmdtrgd said:
My issue is that I don't get the responses. I did, however, get responses from the survey.

Same here.

SopranosWe just finished watching the finale. Yes we're behind but we don't have HBO and the end episodes just came out on Dvd. Different ending- after thinking about it- I think it fits and liked it. don't want to say anymore for those that still want to see it.

Related to I'm Trying! We'll See How It Goes. I Think I Need at Least 7 or 8

1. What is the purpose of conducting a team survey?

A team survey can help you understand the needs and preferences of your team members. It can also help you identify any issues or challenges they may be facing, and allow you to address them in a timely manner. Additionally, a team survey can improve communication and collaboration within the team.

2. How can a team survey help improve team productivity?

By understanding what your team members need from you, you can tailor your approach to better support and motivate them. This can lead to increased productivity as team members feel more engaged and empowered to do their best work. Additionally, addressing any issues or challenges through the survey can help eliminate any roadblocks that may be hindering productivity.

3. Should I conduct the team survey online or in person?

The method of conducting the team survey depends on the size and preferences of your team. If your team is spread out geographically, an online survey may be more convenient. However, if your team is smaller and you have the time and resources, conducting the survey in person may allow for more in-depth discussions and follow-up questions.

4. What are some potential questions I can include in the team survey?

Some potential questions to include in your team survey could be:

• What support do you need from me to be successful in your business?
  • How often would you like me to check in with you?
  • Are there any challenges or roadblocks you are facing in your business?
  • Would you prefer to communicate via phone, email, or in person?
  • What do you think would improve communication and collaboration within our team?

5. How can I encourage participation in the team survey?

To encourage participation, make sure to communicate the purpose and importance of the survey to your team members. Assure them that their responses will be kept confidential and that their feedback will be used to improve the team dynamic. Consider offering an incentive, such as a small gift or discount on products, for completing the survey. Additionally, following up with team members who have not yet completed the survey can help increase participation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • grainsmommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • esavvymom