• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor I'm Rofl on This One, Not Sure if It's a Had to Be There Type of

In summary, the conversation talks about how kids these days are eating ketchup with everything, even with things like salads.
candiejayne
I'm ROFL on this one, not sure if it's a had to be there type of thing, but I had to share...

To start off, everyother weekend when my BFs 4 yo DD is here, it's like a tradition that on Sunday afternoon we do McDonald's for lunch. That is if the kids have behaved well all weekend and played nice together.

Well, it's lunch time and my BF just asked his daughter what she wants. She always says she wants ketchup. We always respond that we have ketchup and ask what she wants with her ketchup.

Today he asked her and she says "We have ketchup don't we?" He says yes, so then she says "Then I want fries and chicken nuggets".

We thought it was funny how she asked if we had it. I guess we finally got it through her head that you don't go to McDonalds to order ketchup.

Now that I'm reading this before submitting and I think it is a had to be there and actually hear her say it, but oh well, LOL I'm posting anyways!

Re: KetchupI completely understand and laughed with you! My son drinks Ketchup straight from the bottle when he can get to it!

Re: KetchupYep, both kids pretty much eat ketchup with a side of something.

Re: Ketchup
Jennifer613-1.jpg

Not to hijack this is my grandson, he has been playing alot outside lately and is getting very tan. The other day I said "good morning my brown boy" and he responded with "good morning white girl"

I totally deserved that!

Re: KetchupI thought people would respond to this thread with relish.

TammyStar said:
Jennifer613-1.jpg

Not to hijack this is my grandson, he has been playing alot outside lately and is getting very tan. The other day I said "good morning my brown boy" and he responded with "good morning white girl"

I totally deserved that!

He's so cute.. We would get along, it sounds like we have the same sense of humor!

candiejayne said:
Yep, both kids pretty much eat ketchup with a side of something.

Andrea...

I saw a t-shirt in my little town clothing store the other day...now stay with me.... it says

"I eat ketchup on my ketchup"...that fits my soon to be 3 yo so well. Ketchup with everything! Fish stix, chicken nuggets, pork, beef....I keep extra in the pantry because goodness...I don't know what would happen if I didn't have..................KETCHUP:eek:

Re: KetchupTammy, LOL kids are funny! White girl.... too cute!

Laura, she is the same way! The other night for dinner we had a side salad, she doesn't like dressing and normally eats the lettuce plain, but that night she asked for ketchup, we asked her for what since we had calzones, she said to dip my lettuce, DUH!!! We looked at each other and laughed, and basically said oh well, atleast she's eating the lettuce. Her brother, 6 yo, tried to tell her that ketchup didn't go on salads that she had to use dressing, but she wouldn't budge.

lauradahl said:
Andrea...

I saw a t-shirt in my little town clothing store the other day...now stay with me.... it says

"I eat ketchup on my ketchup"...that fits my soon to be 3 yo so well. Ketchup with everything! Fish stix, chicken nuggets, pork, beef....I keep extra in the pantry because goodness...I don't know what would happen if I didn't have..................KETCHUP:eek:

My daughter is 26 years old and that shirt would be perfect for her. She puts it on Steak (and I mean good steak) mac and cheese, eggs, she dips grilled cheese in it. She has to buy big bottles from Costco! And now my grandson is turning out like her!

Re: KetchupI could be your daughter with the exception of steak... I now prefer to put redhot on everything over ketchup though. When I was little, I use to eat either ketchup sandwiches or ketchup and american cheese sandwiches for lunch. Not sure I could do either of those today though.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I thought people would respond to this thread with relish.

Sorry, KG, your post clearly didn't cut the mustard.

Re: KetchupGee, Rae, I feel like such a horse's radish.

Re: KetchupHey, KG, don't jam up the boards with such nonsense.

Re: KetchupYou'll stop this hijacking if you carrot all.

lauradahl said:
Andrea...

My Mom got my brother in law that t-shift a couple years ago for Christmas. He and my boyfriend eat ketchup with everything too! And they are 39 and 31!! Be very afraid... they do NOT outgrow it. lol

Re: KetchupAround my house, our version of ketchup and mustard is sour cream and salsa.
It would be a TRAVESTY if we did not have these 2 items in my fridge AT ALL TIMES.
We LOVE sour cream and salsa and I dip fries in it. Mashed potatoes, etc.

Re: KetchupMy nieces both covered all their food with ketchup while growing up. The one who is a mother still does, and so does her daughter now. Too funny.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
My Mom got my brother in law that t-shift a couple years ago for Christmas. He and my boyfriend eat ketchup with everything too! And they are 39 and 31!! Be very afraid... they do NOT outgrow it. lol

I am afraid!!! I'll be buying ketchup by the case load....from COSTCO no less.:eek:

Re: KetchupKG- just lettus alone!

candiejayne said:
I could be your daughter with the exception of steak... I now prefer to put redhot on everything over ketchup though. When I was little, I use to eat either ketchup sandwiches or ketchup and american cheese sandwiches for lunch. Not sure I could do either of those today though.

Your post took me back.. I used to eat ketchup & american cheese sandwiches when I was younger. I can't STAND ketchup now unless it's on a hamburger w/ mustard, mayo, onion, & cheese!

Crystal Patton said:
KG- just lettus alone!

Okray. It's difficult to keep a head of everyone but keep watching because you never know who might turnip in this thread.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Okray. It's difficult to keep a head of everyone but keep watching because you never know who might turnip in this thread.

If you were a tomatoe I'd tell you to ketchup!!

Re: KetchupAround here it is called Red Sauce. Before Red Sauce was the sauce of choice it used to be Yellow Sauce on everything. Can you tell we were learning our colors. There must be something about a 3 year old's taste buds!

I have to admit I like it on eggs and am teaching my kids to eat eggs with Ketchup!

Re: KetchupKetchup and cheese actually go together quite well. After all, what are the basic two ingredients of pizza? Cheese and tomato sauce, so people liking ketchup on mac & cheese or on cheese sandwiches is not a surprise.Ketchup is good on eggs, especially cheese omelets. However, ketchup on chicken, and especially steak, is just wrong!

Re: KetchupMy thing was French's Mustard on soft, white bread. I took that for my lunch every day in fifth grade. Seriously, every day. The first week of school my horrid teacher made a really nasty comment about my lunch, so I took one every day. Nope, not a bit of stubbornness here. LOL!

BTW, I loved school. Fifth grade was the only year I didn't cry when it was over.

Re: KetchupMy teenager does not eat any condiments and I realized the other day it must be because as a child I never offered it to him b/c they were messy and I am a neat freak. I realizd this when we were at McDonalds and my kids were eating fries but no ketchup. Never offered sauce with nuggets either, what kind of mom am I?? LOL

merego said:
My teenager does not eat any condiments and I realized the other day it must be because as a child I never offered it to him b/c they were messy and I am a neat freak. I realizd this when we were at McDonalds and my kids were eating fries but no ketchup. Never offered sauce with nuggets either, what kind of mom am I?? LOL

A neat freek mom! He he... Don't worry, I'm sure he will be fine. When we are in the car, nuggets and frys are sauceless and he still eats them.

raebates said:
My thing was French's Mustard on soft, white bread. I took that for my lunch every day in fifth grade. Seriously, every day. The first week of school my horrid teacher made a really nasty comment about my lunch, so I took one every day. Nope, not a bit of stubbornness here. LOL!

BTW, I loved school. Fifth grade was the only year I didn't cry when it was over.
Well, it wasn't that I didn't like school, it was the principal of the thing.

Re: KetchupGee, and up until now I thought you had such class.

Re: KetchupWhaddya mean? I have class.It's all fourth, but I have class.

Re: KetchupI stand corrected.

Re: KetchupIt's the special book rate.

Re: KetchupEasy KG - don't go postal.

Re: KetchupSomehow, KG always manages to put his stamp on whatever he posts.

(Ha! That one's a double!!)

merego said:
My teenager does not eat any condiments and I realized the other day it must be because as a child I never offered it to him b/c they were messy and I am a neat freak. I realizd this when we were at McDonalds and my kids were eating fries but no ketchup. Never offered sauce with nuggets either, what kind of mom am I?? LOL

LOL... in this house if it doesn't get ketchup, most likely she won't even think about eating it. At her mom's house, there is no such thing as flavor. Her mom doesn't even put salt or pepper on anything. She needs the ketchup there, and just thinks she needs it here LOL!

chefann said:
Somehow, KG always manages to put his stamp on whatever he posts.

(Ha! That one's a double!!)

If I only posted one gag, it'd be a parcial post.

1. What is the tradition for every other weekend when the BF's 4-year-old daughter is there?

The tradition is to have McDonald's for lunch on Sunday afternoon if the kids have behaved well and played nicely together.

2. What did the daughter always ask for when ordering at McDonald's?

She always asks for ketchup.

3. How did the BF and OP typically respond when the daughter asks for ketchup?

They would respond by saying they have ketchup and ask what she wants with it.

4. What did the daughter ask when the BF asked her what she wanted for lunch?

She asked if they had ketchup.

5. What did the daughter ultimately order for lunch?

She ordered fries and chicken nuggets, realizing that they don't go to McDonald's just for ketchup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies