1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Humor I'm ROFL on this one, not sure if it's a had to be there type of

1. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I'm ROFL on this one, not sure if it's a had to be there type of thing, but I had to share...

To start off, everyother weekend when my BFs 4 yo DD is here, it's like a tradition that on Sunday afternoon we do McDonald's for lunch. That is if the kids have behaved well all weekend and played nice together.

Well, it's lunch time and my BF just asked his daughter what she wants. She always says she wants ketchup. We always respond that we have ketchup and ask what she wants with her ketchup.

Today he asked her and she says "We have ketchup don't we?" He says yes, so then she says "Then I want fries and chicken nuggets".

We thought it was funny how she asked if we had it. I guess we finally got it through her head that you don't go to McDonalds to order ketchup.

Now that I'm reading this before submitting and I think it is a had to be there and actually hear her say it, but oh well, LOL I'm posting anyways!

Apr 5, 2009
  2. pamperedtraci

pamperedtraci Member

Re: Ketchup

I completely understand and laughed with you! My son drinks Ketchup straight from the bottle when he can get to it!

3. candiejayne

Yep, both kids pretty much eat ketchup with a side of something.

Apr 5, 2009
  4. TammyStar

TammyStar Member

[​IMG]

Not to hijack this is my grandson, he has been playing alot outside lately and is getting very tan. The other day I said "good morning my brown boy" and he responded with "good morning white girl"

I totally deserved that!

Apr 5, 2009
  5. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

I thought people would respond to this thread with relish.

6. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

He's so cute.. We would get along, it sounds like we have the same sense of humor!

Apr 5, 2009
  7. lauradahl

lauradahl Member

Andrea...

I saw a t-shirt in my little town clothing store the other day...now stay with me.... it says

"I eat ketchup on my ketchup"...that fits my soon to be 3 yo so well. Ketchup with everything! Fish stix, chicken nuggets, pork, beef....I keep extra in the pantry because goodness...I don't know what would happen if I didn't have..................KETCHUP:eek:

Apr 5, 2009
  8. candiejayne

Tammy, LOL kids are funny! White girl.... too cute!

Laura, she is the same way! The other night for dinner we had a side salad, she doesn't like dressing and normally eats the lettuce plain, but that night she asked for ketchup, we asked her for what since we had calzones, she said to dip my lettuce, DUH!!! We looked at each other and laughed, and basically said oh well, atleast she's eating the lettuce. Her brother, 6 yo, tried to tell her that ketchup didn't go on salads that she had to use dressing, but she wouldn't budge.

Apr 5, 2009
  9. TammyStar

TammyStar Member

My daughter is 26 years old and that shirt would be perfect for her. She puts it on Steak (and I mean good steak) mac and cheese, eggs, she dips grilled cheese in it. She has to buy big bottles from Costco! And now my grandson is turning out like her!

Apr 5, 2009
  10. candiejayne

I could be your daughter with the exception of steak... I now prefer to put redhot on everything over ketchup though. When I was little, I use to eat either ketchup sandwiches or ketchup and american cheese sandwiches for lunch. Not sure I could do either of those today though.

Apr 5, 2009
  11. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Sorry, KG, your post clearly didn't cut the mustard.

Apr 6, 2009
  12. The_Kitchen_Guy

Gee, Rae, I feel like such a horse's radish.

13. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Hey, KG, don't jam up the boards with such nonsense.

Apr 6, 2009
  14. The_Kitchen_Guy

You'll stop this hijacking if you carrot all.

15. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

My Mom got my brother in law that t-shift a couple years ago for Christmas. He and my boyfriend eat ketchup with everything too! And they are 39 and 31!! Be very afraid... they do NOT outgrow it. lol

Apr 6, 2009
  16. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Around my house, our version of ketchup and mustard is sour cream and salsa.
    It would be a TRAVESTY if we did not have these 2 items in my fridge AT ALL TIMES.
    We LOVE sour cream and salsa and I dip fries in it. Mashed potatoes, etc.

Apr 6, 2009
  17. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

My nieces both covered all their food with ketchup while growing up. The one who is a mother still does, and so does her daughter now. Too funny.

Apr 6, 2009
  18. lauradahl

lauradahl Member

I am afraid!!! I'll be buying ketchup by the case load....from COSTCO no less.:eek:

Apr 6, 2009
  19. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

KG- just lettus alone!

20. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Your post took me back.. I used to eat ketchup & american cheese sandwiches when I was younger. I can't STAND ketchup now unless it's on a hamburger w/ mustard, mayo, onion, & cheese!

Apr 7, 2009
  21. The_Kitchen_Guy

Okray. It's difficult to keep a head of everyone but keep watching because you never know who might turnip in this thread.

22. Crystal Patton

If you were a tomatoe I'd tell you to ketchup!!

23. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Around here it is called Red Sauce. Before Red Sauce was the sauce of choice it used to be Yellow Sauce on everything. Can you tell we were learning our colors. There must be something about a 3 year old's taste buds!

I have to admit I like it on eggs and am teaching my kids to eat eggs with Ketchup!

24. The_Kitchen_Guy

Ketchup and cheese actually go together quite well. After all, what are the basic two ingredients of pizza? Cheese and tomato sauce, so people liking ketchup on mac & cheese or on cheese sandwiches is not a surprise.

Ketchup is good on eggs, especially cheese omelets.

However, ketchup on chicken, and especially steak, is just wrong!

25. raebates

My thing was French's Mustard on soft, white bread. I took that for my lunch every day in fifth grade. Seriously, every day. The first week of school my horrid teacher made a really nasty comment about my lunch, so I took one every day. Nope, not a bit of stubbornness here. LOL!

BTW, I loved school. Fifth grade was the only year I didn't cry when it was over.

Apr 7, 2009
  26. merego

merego Senior Member

My teenager does not eat any condiments and I realized the other day it must be because as a child I never offered it to him b/c they were messy and I am a neat freak. I realizd this when we were at McDonalds and my kids were eating fries but no ketchup. Never offered sauce with nuggets either, what kind of mom am I?? LOL

Apr 7, 2009
  27. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

A neat freek mom! He he... Don't worry, I'm sure he will be fine. When we are in the car, nuggets and frys are sauceless and he still eats them.

28. The_Kitchen_Guy

Well, it wasn't that I didn't like school, it was the principal of the thing.

29. raebates

Gee, and up until now I thought you had such class.

Apr 7, 2009
  30. The_Kitchen_Guy

Whaddya mean? I have class.

It's all fourth, but I have class.

31. raebates

I stand corrected.

Apr 7, 2009
  32. The_Kitchen_Guy

It's the special book rate.

33. Crystal Patton

Easy KG - don't go postal.

34. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Somehow, KG always manages to put his stamp on whatever he posts.

(Ha! That one's a double!!)

Apr 8, 2009
  35. candiejayne

LOL... in this house if it doesn't get ketchup, most likely she won't even think about eating it. At her mom's house, there is no such thing as flavor. Her mom doesn't even put salt or pepper on anything. She needs the ketchup there, and just thinks she needs it here LOL!

Apr 8, 2009
  36. The_Kitchen_Guy

If I only posted one gag, it'd be a parcial post.

Have something to add?