• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Not Creative Enough - Help Me Think What to Call...

(we declined to give out the gift) we would do a gift card for the store of their choice. The booth was $50 and I think we had about 12 couples attend. It is definitely worth it! You get to talk to a lot of people, make some great connections, and get people excited about your event!
Teri.from.MN
I want to offer a show where people come to look at honeymoon or vacation pictures as well as the PC show. I saw this idea somewhere, but can't find it now for the life of me!

So, what cute/catchy name would you call that - I want to add it in a theme show binder.

Thanks,
Teri

We are calling it a picture party. We have it offered on all of our Bridal Expo/ Registry information sheets. We have had several brides/grooms that want it !!!

Found itThanks mrssyvo! I found your information sheets and really like "Pampered Picture Party". :D

Teri

Teri.from.MN said:
Thanks mrssyvo! I found your information sheets and really like "Pampered Picture Party". :D

Teri

Where can I find the information sheets please? This sounds like FUN!

Here is what we use for our registry/ I do not have the actual party planned yet

Attachments

• Wedding_Registry_Form.doc
    68 KB · Views: 419
I heard of the picture show idea at conference. I thought it was great:)

MRSSYVO--How do you use your sheets? Do you use these in lieu of prize drawing slips at a Bridal Expo? Do you sign up everyone on the spot for a registry? How do you follow up with the people?

Thanks

mrssyvo said:
Here is what we use for our registry/ I do not have the actual party planned yet

Thanks for the document!!!
What a great help!!
Schel

I'm Mrs Syvo's partner in crime at the bridal expos and I'll try to answer your questions...

We do not do prize slips - we just hand out catalogs with the sheets and they are attached to "wish lists" which are the product list from the back of the write in receipts. We ask the brides to fill out the information completely and mark which items they want to register for. There is usually a fashion show so we ask that they look at it while they are seated for the show and then return it to us so we can register them and we give them a free gift (the Season's Best) when they turn in a completed sheet.

We've done one show this month and we got 13 registries each. We have another one in a few weeks.

We probably handed out too many catalogs because we obviously talked to more than 26 people, but our info is out there and hopefully some of them will contact us. We also get a lead list from the expo people that we split in half and each of us will contact brides within 6 months or so of their wedding to see if they are interested...

And as Mrs Syvo said, a few people checked that they'd be interested in the Picture Party and also some showers too. I also have talked with one of my registered brides (I remembered how excited she was about PC and knew I should call her right away) and she is thinking of having a show this October since her wedding isn't until next Fall.

So lots of good can come of it!

I am not sure how prize slips would fit in - people are moving pretty quickly through the expo and you don't always have lots of time to talk because you want to talk to as many people as possible.

How would a prize slip work? Has anyone done one at a bridal show? What would you offer as a prize?

Hope this rambling answered your questions - and maybe someone read far enough and would like to try answering mine! (I do a lot of stream of consciousness and I just came up with the questions as I was typing...)

Val

pamperedval said:
...How would a prize slip work? Has anyone done one at a bridal show? What would you offer as a prize? Hope this rambling answered your questions - and maybe someone read far enough and would like to try answering mine! (I do a lot of stream of consciousness and I just came up with the questions as I was typing...)Val
Question on value of doing this type of event?? Roughly how much was the booth (I am assuming you split the cost), do you know how many brides/couples attended? I know it's all in the follow-up and with the event you attended it was focused on one certain group vs. anyone - but I always wonder if it is worth the time and $$.We did a prize drawing slip at a TOH Cooking show and I don't think people realized what they were signing up for. You have to make sure you have good signage because when I follwed up with people they didn't realize it was a free cooking show they were signing up to win. The one thing we offered was if they booked a show (on the spot) they would get a gift - which was from my normal 'grab bag' so to speak of twixits, pan scrapers, QCP knives etc.Hopefully that answered your question pamperedval! Partner in crime - that's a good! :)Hi Teri!!! :) :) :)Leea:cool:

Related to I'm Not Creative Enough - Help Me Think What to Call...

What are some tips for coming up with creative names for dishes?

1. Brainstorm: Start by writing down any and all ideas that come to mind, no matter how silly or outlandish they may seem. This will help get your creative juices flowing and can lead to unexpected and unique names.

2. Use descriptive words: Think about the key ingredients, flavors, or textures of the dish and use descriptive words to convey them in the name. This will give customers a better idea of what to expect from the dish.

3. Get inspired: Look to other sources for inspiration, such as books, magazines, or even music lyrics. You may come across a word or phrase that sparks an idea for a creative dish name.

4. Utilize puns or wordplay: A clever play on words can make a dish name memorable and fun. Just be sure it still accurately represents the dish and doesn't confuse customers.

5. Keep it simple: While it's important to be creative, try not to make the dish name too long or complicated. Short and catchy names are easier for customers to remember and can make a dish stand out on a menu.

Can I use foreign words or phrases in dish names?

Yes, using foreign words or phrases can add a unique and exotic flair to dish names. Just make sure to provide a translation or description of the word or phrase so customers know what to expect from the dish.

Are there any naming conventions I should follow for dishes?

It's important to keep dish names professional and appropriate for your audience. Avoid using offensive or inappropriate language, and make sure the name accurately represents the dish. You may also want to consider following a consistent naming theme for your menu, such as using alliteration or puns for all dish names.

Do I need to consider any dietary restrictions or allergies when naming dishes?

Yes, it's important to keep dietary restrictions and allergies in mind when naming dishes. Make sure the name accurately reflects the ingredients in the dish, and consider including allergen information on the menu or in the dish description.

Can I change dish names if they're not selling well?

Yes, you can always change dish names if they're not resonating with customers. Just make sure to update menus and inform staff of the change. It's also a good idea to gather feedback from customers on the new name to ensure it's well-received.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pclady213
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MissouriChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bbauman07