• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Proposal at a Show - Need Help!!

In summary,Ok everyone, here's a new one for me!!! My Saturday night show's host called me and told me that she's thinking there will be about 20 people there, possibly more. So I'm stoked about that! THEN, she proceeds to tell me that one of the gals that will be there, her boyfriend (who is the brother of the person that this host booked off of...follow that???!!??) wants to propose to her that night, and wants her to "find" the ring inside one of the PC products. So, the host wants me to come up with a product for him to put the ring into and then have the gal "open" it up and then find the ring.
I think that is sweet! Everyone has their own way of doing things and this was probably great for this couple. This makes a great story for you to tell at your shows too and excuse to bring up the wedding registry.

I would be sure and call HO about this! Never know, you may be in our next CN telling the story.

Flamingo said:
Totally tell HO about this.. Tell me someone took pictures?????

Absolutey!

Sounds like it was fun.

Teresa Lynn said:
ok, I'm sitting here reading this and all I can think of is the poor girl.... how unromantic. I know its a cute idea but I kinda feel sorry for the bride to be. I think she needs a little soft music, candle light and an intimate setting

It is no worse than being infornt of all your (future) inlaws (most of whom you are not close with) and being proposed to. I had hoped for something more romantic but the important part is the proposal... I was just happy to be asked. I think that is the important part.

ETA: OK I finished reading now... HOW SWEET! Sounds like an awesome moment! Definetly one to tell PC about!

Last edited:
WOW! sounds like a really sweet moment! I think it is really cool that you got to be a part of this special moment!

Somehow, i've missed this thread until now.

What a cool story and man, for her to say "What would you put in this one?" Priceless! It couldn't have been any more perfect!

Congrats and tell HO!!!

Ooh, how sweet! That definitely needs to be written up and sent to HO.

KellyTheChef said:
Well...it's better than just "discussing" it and getting married without a real engagement story!!

I am sure I have no idea what that is like, nope...not me.:blushing:

Awww, do you need a hug???

what a great story - how lucky you were to be part of a new beginning!

AHHHH, how sweet! PRICELESS! TELL H.O.!!!
:)

IT really was one of the sweetest things I've ever witnessed. I still get goose bumps re-telling it and thinking about it. I forgot my camera, but the host had hers and she got some pics. I've asked her to send me some, so when I get them, I'll post a couple. HA - what a play on words!! :D

That is a cool story. Thanks for sharing that with us!:):):):)

That was perfect! Thanks for sharing it with us as well. I definitely teared up when reading it. And I agree that you need to write HO and tell them the story. Of course, since we all were "part of it," we can now share the story at our shows too! :D :love:

That sounds like a night no one will forget. I don't think a proposal needs to be romantic...just unforgettable. My DH proposed while we were fishing in very cold weather. I was covered from head to toe in bright orange camos. I'll never forget that day.

What a wonderful story, I agree it should be shared at future shows, it may spark more sales :)

How cute! I will definitely be telling this story at my shows when I demo the pinch bowls!! ;)

That is awesome. I agree, let HO know!

You gave me goosebumps telling that story! How fun! I liked how she even asked "What would you put in the baby one?". What a fun story to tell when talking about bridal showers and registries.

What an awesome story! Thanks for sharing it. I got goosebumps reading it!! I'm very happy for the newly engaged couple! This day they will for sure never forget!! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Awww, do you need a hug???

Thanks, Kacey! I am good with it...I have an awesome DH!!

Kattyschack said:
That sounds like a night no one will forget. I don't think a proposal needs to be romantic...just unforgettable. My DH proposed while we were fishing in very cold weather. I was covered from head to toe in bright orange camos. I'll never forget that day.

I agree!!

BTW- thanks for the update! That brought tears to my eyes!!

I hope HO puts this in a newsletter...or at the least one of our weekly newsbites!!

Hey...how did it go? Did you decide on the pinch bowls?? Let us know!!

It couldn't have gone more perfect!! How exciting!

Awww! What a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, couldn't have worked out better! What a cool experience to tell at your other shows to introduce the wedding registry!

I told my Exec about it, (she's actually now my director too) and she also told me to send it in to HO. So I did - we'll see what happens! Oh, and I also "get" to re-tell the story now at our Exec dinner at conference! :eek: Guess that's what I get!:D

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the best product to hide the ring in for a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>The Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper are both great options for hiding the ring. You could also consider using a small kitchen gadget or tool, such as a garlic press or citrus juicer, for the ring to be hidden in.</p><h2>2. How can I make sure the ring is not easily visible when the product is being used in the demonstration?</h2><p>If you are using a product like the Pinch Bowl Set, you can have the ring placed inside the smallest bowl and then cover it with a thin layer of food, such as shredded cheese or chopped herbs. This will conceal the ring until it is revealed by the host.</p><h2>3. Are there any other products besides the Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper that could work for this proposal?</h2><p>Yes, there are many other products that could work for this type of proposal. Some ideas include a set of measuring cups or spoons, a serving platter or bowl, or even a kitchen timer. Be creative and think about products that could be opened or taken apart to reveal the ring.</p><h2>4. How can I incorporate the proposal into the show without it feeling forced or awkward?</h2><p>One suggestion is to have the host casually mention at the beginning of the show that there will be a special surprise for one of the guests later on. This will build anticipation and make the proposal feel more natural. You could also have the ring reveal be a part of a game or activity during the show.</p><h2>5. Is there anything else I should consider when planning a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>It's important to make sure that the proposal is something that the host and the recipient of the proposal are both comfortable with. You should also consider the timing and placement of the proposal within the show to ensure that it flows smoothly and doesn't disrupt the flow of the demonstration. Lastly, make sure to have a backup plan in case anything unexpected happens during the proposal. </p>

1. What is the best product to hide the ring in for a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?

The Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper are both great options for hiding the ring. You could also consider using a small kitchen gadget or tool, such as a garlic press or citrus juicer, for the ring to be hidden in.

2. How can I make sure the ring is not easily visible when the product is being used in the demonstration?

If you are using a product like the Pinch Bowl Set, you can have the ring placed inside the smallest bowl and then cover it with a thin layer of food, such as shredded cheese or chopped herbs. This will conceal the ring until it is revealed by the host.

3. Are there any other products besides the Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper that could work for this proposal?

Yes, there are many other products that could work for this type of proposal. Some ideas include a set of measuring cups or spoons, a serving platter or bowl, or even a kitchen timer. Be creative and think about products that could be opened or taken apart to reveal the ring.

4. How can I incorporate the proposal into the show without it feeling forced or awkward?

One suggestion is to have the host casually mention at the beginning of the show that there will be a special surprise for one of the guests later on. This will build anticipation and make the proposal feel more natural. You could also have the ring reveal be a part of a game or activity during the show.

5. Is there anything else I should consider when planning a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?

It's important to make sure that the proposal is something that the host and the recipient of the proposal are both comfortable with. You should also consider the timing and placement of the proposal within the show to ensure that it flows smoothly and doesn't disrupt the flow of the demonstration. Lastly, make sure to have a backup plan in case anything unexpected happens during the proposal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • eks1978
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies