• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Proposal at a Show - Need Help!!

In summary,Ok everyone, here's a new one for me!!! My Saturday night show's host called me and told me that she's thinking there will be about 20 people there, possibly more. So I'm stoked about that! THEN, she proceeds to tell me that one of the gals that will be there, her boyfriend (who is the brother of the person that this host booked off of...follow that???!!??) wants to propose to her that night, and wants her to "find" the ring inside one of the PC products. So, the host wants me to come up with a product for him to put the ring into and then have the gal "open" it up and then find the ring.
c00p
Gold Member
Ok everyone, here's a new one for me!!! My Saturday night show's host called me and told me that she's thinking there will be about 20 people there, possibly more. So I'm stoked about that! THEN, she proceeds to tell me that one of the gals that will be there, her boyfriend (who is the brother of the person that this host booked off of...follow that???!!??) wants to propose to her that night, and wants her to "find" the ring inside one of the PC products. So, the host wants me to come up with a product for him to put the ring into and then have the gal "open" it up and then find the ring. Cool for me!!! Anyway, I need suggestions. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Pinch Bowl Set - have her open each bowl to see how cute the next bowl is and then when she reaches the smallest one and takes the lid off....viola! there's the ring
Food Chopper - have it up inside, before it's used, and her demo how easy it is to disassemble for washing, and then she finds the ring up inside it

Other than that, I can't really think of anything that she can "find" the ring in where it's not like in plain site. Any ideas???

I like the pinch bowl idea!

I like the pinch bowl idea. Hopefully you'll get a wedding registry out of it :)

I love the pinch bowl, but won't she see the ring before she gets to it?But that really is the best, if that's not a problem (like if she looks from top down). I love the idea! Let us know how it goes!

If you do the pinch bowl put something in it so the ring isn't "heard" moving around.

Definitely the pinch bowl, and you could wrap tissue paper around the ring to keep it from moving around.

How fun...definitely mention the wedding registry!

Maybe put some tissue paper in the small bowl and have them all stacked up inside of each other.

Definately the pinch bowl set. How exciting for your guest and you.

I say pinch bowl set, too. I just hope you can regain control of the show after the proposal and actually get some orders. :)Don't forget to take a camera to take pics for your PC scrapbook!

And don't set the pinch bowl set out first, a lot of my guests like to look over the stuff before the shows. You would hate for someone else to find it. Maybe you can have the host help you with that part. Like hand it off to her some how.

Wow I never heard of anyone doing that...you'll have to let HO know...

This girl must love PC....encourage the PC wedding registry!! A MUST!

Love the pinch idea!! :D

The pinch bowl idea will definitely be cute!

I agree the Pinch Bowl set is perfect. Just be conscientious about the hand off; if she sees the set from the bottom or side, she'll spot the ring. You could maybe have two people to the right or left open up the 1st & 2nd, she could open the 3rd, and the "groom to be" could open the last one and hand her the ring :love:. Of course, you would have to then be sure he was next to her...

What about putting it in the hopper of the Garlic Press and then calling that girl up to try out the Garlic Press?

Pinch Bowl! Love that idea! And put some tissue paper or a tissue in there!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
I agree the Pinch Bowl set is perfect. Just be conscientious about the hand off; if she sees the set from the bottom or side, she'll spot the ring. You could maybe have two people to the right or left open up the 1st & 2nd, she could open the 3rd, and the "groom to be" could open the last one and hand her the ring :love:. Of course, you would have to then be sure he was next to her...

How cute! I also think the pinch bowl set is a good idea.

dannyzmom said:
What about putting it in the hopper of the Garlic Press and then calling that girl up to try out the Garlic Press?

Another great idea!

c00p, you will definitely have to keep us updated on what you are going to do and how it all plays out. Hopefully she will accept :p; now that would put a damper on your show :D

Pinch bowl is great, but so is the garlic press or the UM, cut a veggie have her come up and take the thingy off and the ring will be sitting inside. Although, I hate the UM and never use it. Or you could put it in the citrus press, have her come up to press a lemon or lime, when she opens it VIOLA or put it one of the spices and pass the spice to her 1st ask her to open and when she opens the top the ring will be inside on top?? just thinking.... what is your demo?

I also like the pinch bowl idea and the garlic press idea.

I like Merego's ideas! The only thing about the pinch with the tissue would be "why is there tissue paper in here?" Wouldn't ruin the surprise, of course, but would be kind of obvious something's up.

This is more work than necessary, but you could fix up the Trifle Bowl as a centerpiece (flowers, and candle on the base inside), then have her pick up the candle to show everyone the base. Maybe have the ring tied with a piece of string to the base, so when she pulls it out, the ring is dangling (which would then give the groom-to-be a chance to get down on one knee!!!).

Andrea, this is soo exciting! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Sarah

pampchefsarah said:
I like Merego's ideas! The only thing about the pinch with the tissue would be "why is there tissue paper in here?" Wouldn't ruin the surprise, of course, but would be kind of obvious something's up.

This is more work than necessary, but you could fix up the Trifle Bowl as a centerpiece (flowers, and candle on the base inside), then have her pick up the candle to show everyone the base. Maybe have the ring tied with a piece of string to the base, so when she pulls it out, the ring is dangling (which would then give the groom-to-be a chance to get down on one knee!!!).

Andrea, this is soo exciting! I can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Sarah

ooh Sarah, great idea!!!

Make sure you take pictures and write this story down - how cute would HO think it is?? Talk about a new way to sell products and build on that wedding registry!

If you're really wanting to do the pinch bowl idea, how about filling the small one with sugar. When you hand it to her to open, you can tell her how that one is very sweet...I don't know, maybe that's cheesy. :) But proposals are always more fun when there's a little cheese involved!

Well, the more I think about it the less suspicious I think she would be of something in the pinch bowls, so tissue paper is a great idea.But if you want to allay any suspicions, have tissue wrapped mini-candies to give to your "lovely assistants". You can even say something about "your treat is in the last bowl", and then she'll just think it's a candy until she unwraps it.Of course, a small candy... that pinch bowl is tiny! :)Definitely tell HO (especially the part where the joy of the evening leads to record sales, bookings and wedding registry from the bride to be and all of her friends :) I have faith!!)!

I'm sitting here smiling while I'm reading everyones' posts!!! My host does like the pinch bowl idea....and I also like the idea of the sugar in the last one with the ring. That might work out well too. And the idea about having him sit next to her and being the one to open the small one....that's a sweet idea too! You all are great! I didn't really think about telling HO about it. Guess I'll have to wait and see how it actually turns out!!! I've pretty much decided that it's going to have to happen pretty close to the end of the show, 'cuz as Ann mentioned, it could go completely haywire afterwards!!! :) I am praying for a big show and some good bookings. I really want to hit the 3K mark this month for the sell-a-thon and I need a good show!!! I'll keep you all posted! Thanks again!

What if you put it in an ice cube and then place it in the icecream scoop and while your talking about the scoop it will start melting. Then you can pass it to her to see how the ice cube is "melting". Just fill it up enough to cover the ring so it doesn't take for ever to melt. Just an idea!

I like the pinch bowl, if you put it in the freezer first to demostrat the ice trick it's frosty on the outside and would hide the ring. Then maybe hand it to her to feel how cold they get and then she finds the ring. How romantic, I love this idea!!

Pinch bowl! So cute. Also good to let everyone know that when they place an order next month they can get these at a discount! Keep us posted! Have a camera handy too! (Just hope she says YES!) Definitely tell HO!

What about the Carafe?or a Micro Cooker, Flour/Sugar Shaker. I'm thinking of products your can't see thru...

Or maybe the pocket of a apron you could have her try on???

Maybe even go get some rings from those kid things at the grocery store that cost 25 cents each and come in those plastic bubble looking things. Put tissue paper in each pinch bowl and "randomly" hand out the pinch bowls to guests and she gets the small one and tell them they get to keep their prize that is inside and have them open them one at a time, so she'll think she gets this kiddy ring thing and viola!! There is a diamond in hers!! Oh how fun this will be for you!!

pampered.chris said:
Maybe even go get some rings from those kid things at the grocery store that cost 25 cents each and come in those plastic bubble looking things. Put tissue paper in each pinch bowl and "randomly" hand out the pinch bowls to guests and she gets the small one and tell them they get to keep their prize that is inside and have them open them one at a time, so she'll think she gets this kiddy ring thing and viola!! There is a diamond in hers!! Oh how fun this will be for you!!

I like this one the best.......:love:

I like the "pinch" bowl - only because it can have some fun connotations later...

ok, I'm sitting here reading this and all I can think of is the poor girl.... how unromantic. I know its a cute idea but I kinda feel sorry for the bride to be. I think she needs a little soft music, candle light and an intimate setting

Well...it's better than just "discussing" it and getting married without a real engagement story!!

I am sure I have no idea what that is like, nope...not me.:blushing:

Teresa Lynn said:
ok, I'm sitting here reading this and all I can think of is the poor girl.... how unromantic. I know its a cute idea but I kinda feel sorry for the bride to be. I think she needs a little soft music, candle light and an intimate setting

I agree but maybe it can still work... I'm assuming he decided to do this because the guests that will be there are special to both and it would be nice to let everyone in on the special moment. Some people do it at sports arenas! :)

Maybe if He wrote something special in a note in each bowl and then saved the most "aaahhhh" one for the second to the last, the ring would be the one to put her over the top.

You can even introduce that part of it as the cutest idea a person in love has suggested in all of your years as a consultant. It's a rough draft but maybe someone can play with it.

I didn't even think about this until now, but what about rigging a door prize drawing? Have a basket of small gifts wrapped or in gift bags or whatever...and draw a name or two to win actual "prizes." You can do easy stuff, like candy, or PC giveaways, etc. Then draw her name to win the "grand prize..." and then it could be the ring? You'd have more control over things, too, because you can announce early in the show that you'll be doing the drawing at a certain point, and that everyone has to stick around because they will definitely want to be in on the drawing! I don't know...maybe it's best to stick with it worked into the show. Just make sure you keep us posted on what you decide to do! We'll all want to hear how it goes...

I don't think it has to be unromantic. It depends on the personality of the couple and who is going to be at a show. One's idea of sweet/romantic/perfect can greatly differ from another's idea :). She may be expecting it and he's trying to throw her off.Is he going to actually be AT the show? B/c you could have all BUT the last bowl in there and have him in the other room with it and the ring inside. You could say, did you open all (4??) and she won't have it. You can wonder where it is and he comes and says that he found it and opening it like the ring box or something. She'll know something up when she sees him, but that's the point I think.I would hesitate putting it in anything sharp or that could crush/damage it. I would worry that the unexpected could happen and damage the ring or get her hurt.Good luck with it. How fun!!

That is so sweet! I love the pinch bowl idea!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I like the pinch bowl idea. I don't think tissue will seam strange in the tiny one with the ring. Nobody will be looking that close, and no one knows there isn't supposed to be tissue in it. I hope everyone at the show isn't going to know about this ahead of time. Great idea to save it for the end as long as boyfriend knows that's when you're panning it. He may want to stay away until close to the end. He will be sweating bullets, don't you think? It will be hard for him to act normal up until the proposal.

KellyTheChef said:
Well...it's better than just "discussing" it and getting married without a real engagement story!!

I am sure I have no idea what that is like, nope...not me.:blushing:

did we marry the same man?!?!?!I gave mine an ultimatum.....$hit or get off the pot! The next thing I knew, he called his parents, told them we were getting married and came up with a ring and a date!

sooooooooooo, anyone know what time this show was?????

So....how did it go?

How about placing the cinnamon red hots in the pinch bowl with the ring. . . .

UPDATE!!! Proposal at a show - need help!!Well, it was late last night when I got home from the show, so I didn't post the update. Now I'm 1/2 way through a cup of coffee, so I think I'm good.

Ok, the show was outside on the deck (beautiful weather btw) and there was about 11 people there. I had discussed with the host that while I was finishing up the dessert (just adding the bananas and strawberries) that I would bring out the pinch bowls! The "men" that came with the women stayed inside until I started doing the dessert. Then the host went and got them saying that she wanted to let them know that it was almost time to eat. So they all got up outside, I'm finishing up the dessert and then I start my plan!! Here's basically what I said:
"I forgot to mention July's guest special. Dawn (that's the girl getting asked) is having her show next Saturday, so I'll just let her show you all what the guest special is. (Hand her the pinch bowl set.) (As I'm giving her the pinch bowls, I tell everyone,) "aren't they cute? Hey Dawn, would be Vanna for me and open these up and show everyone each size?" As she's doing this, her boyfriend is behind her watching, and she gets to the tiny one and when she sees it, she says "what would you put in this little bitty one?" and then as she's opens it, her boyfriend gets down on one knee and asks!! I almost cried!! I had goose bumps all over me!!!! She said yes, was crying, and was so happy. They hugged, she giggled, hugged, kissed, etc.:love:
I found out later that they had picked out a ring over 2 months ago, but she didn't know when he would do it. (This is her 2nd marriage too, so I don't think she was real concerned about the "romantic" part of it.) So, with the friends and family being there - plus, her being completely off guard - he decided to propose.
Oh, and I did mention the wedding registry after she accepted too!!! Which the bride-to-be said she would most definitely be using!!! It was a great night, good sales too, and a really happy ending!!!! :)

Wow it worked out perfectly!! What a cute story she will have to tell all!!

Oh how cool!!!
I am so excited for them and so thrilled that you got to be a part of it!

That is so sweet. My eyes are watering up.

That worked out VERY well - glad she had a show so you could introduce the "guest special".Now write HO and tell them!

Totally tell HO about this.. Tell me someone took pictures?????

<h2>1. What is the best product to hide the ring in for a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>The Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper are both great options for hiding the ring. You could also consider using a small kitchen gadget or tool, such as a garlic press or citrus juicer, for the ring to be hidden in.</p><h2>2. How can I make sure the ring is not easily visible when the product is being used in the demonstration?</h2><p>If you are using a product like the Pinch Bowl Set, you can have the ring placed inside the smallest bowl and then cover it with a thin layer of food, such as shredded cheese or chopped herbs. This will conceal the ring until it is revealed by the host.</p><h2>3. Are there any other products besides the Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper that could work for this proposal?</h2><p>Yes, there are many other products that could work for this type of proposal. Some ideas include a set of measuring cups or spoons, a serving platter or bowl, or even a kitchen timer. Be creative and think about products that could be opened or taken apart to reveal the ring.</p><h2>4. How can I incorporate the proposal into the show without it feeling forced or awkward?</h2><p>One suggestion is to have the host casually mention at the beginning of the show that there will be a special surprise for one of the guests later on. This will build anticipation and make the proposal feel more natural. You could also have the ring reveal be a part of a game or activity during the show.</p><h2>5. Is there anything else I should consider when planning a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>It's important to make sure that the proposal is something that the host and the recipient of the proposal are both comfortable with. You should also consider the timing and placement of the proposal within the show to ensure that it flows smoothly and doesn't disrupt the flow of the demonstration. Lastly, make sure to have a backup plan in case anything unexpected happens during the proposal. </p>

1. What is the best product to hide the ring in for a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?

The Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper are both great options for hiding the ring. You could also consider using a small kitchen gadget or tool, such as a garlic press or citrus juicer, for the ring to be hidden in.

2. How can I make sure the ring is not easily visible when the product is being used in the demonstration?

If you are using a product like the Pinch Bowl Set, you can have the ring placed inside the smallest bowl and then cover it with a thin layer of food, such as shredded cheese or chopped herbs. This will conceal the ring until it is revealed by the host.

3. Are there any other products besides the Pinch Bowl Set and Food Chopper that could work for this proposal?

Yes, there are many other products that could work for this type of proposal. Some ideas include a set of measuring cups or spoons, a serving platter or bowl, or even a kitchen timer. Be creative and think about products that could be opened or taken apart to reveal the ring.

4. How can I incorporate the proposal into the show without it feeling forced or awkward?

One suggestion is to have the host casually mention at the beginning of the show that there will be a special surprise for one of the guests later on. This will build anticipation and make the proposal feel more natural. You could also have the ring reveal be a part of a game or activity during the show.

5. Is there anything else I should consider when planning a proposal at a Pampered Chef show?

It's important to make sure that the proposal is something that the host and the recipient of the proposal are both comfortable with. You should also consider the timing and placement of the proposal within the show to ensure that it flows smoothly and doesn't disrupt the flow of the demonstration. Lastly, make sure to have a backup plan in case anything unexpected happens during the proposal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • eks1978
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies