• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor I'm Afraid I Might Be Bad Luck...

I don't think that's a good idea.I always joke because I bought my boyfriend a batter bowl last year for Christmas..because he lost his in the divorce.call the ex and ask if they want to host a party.. think of it as 2 parties vice 1..
NooraK
Gold Member
I spoke with a past host today. I hadn't been able to connect with her for a while, and her show was last February. I asked her about hosting again, and she told me she had gotten divorced within the last year and was still getting on her feet.

I booked two shows from the two Fall Fests I did this year that subsequently canceled, both giving me the reason that they are starting divorce proceedings.

I've had another potential host tell me she's getting divorced as a reason why she couldn't book at that moment.

I'm a bit worried about calling any more leads... :confused: :blushing:

NooraK said:
I spoke with a past host today. I hadn't been able to connect with her for a while, and her show was last February. I asked her about hosting again, and she told me she had gotten divorced within the last year and was still getting on her feet.

I booked two shows from the two Fall Fests I did this year that subsequently canceled, both giving me the reason that they are starting divorce proceedings.

I've had another potential host tell me she's getting divorced as a reason why she couldn't book at that moment.

I'm a bit worried about calling any more leads... :confused: :blushing:

That's crazy! Don't give up...not everyone is getting a divorce :thumbup:

Wow... So that could be a funny joke (with the right crowd) about getting a divorce/hosting a show.

Remember to remind the hostesses that they should leave all their kitchen/entertaining-ware to their husbands as part of the property settlement. That way they can start afresh with you!

RMDave said:
Remember to remind the hostesses that they should leave all their kitchen/entertaining-ware to their husbands as part of the property settlement. That way they can start afresh with you!

GREAT Idea Dave!!

I can't tell you how many people have approached me with, "I lost all my Pampered Chef products in the divorce."

I, too, get the "the ex has x, y, and z products," usually said with a not so happy face.

Noora, do the numbers. If half the marriages end in divorce, you have several leads to go before you will run into another divorce. I'm surprised you're running into to so many people getting a divorce. I keep hearing about the people who are staying together b/c they can't afford to get divorced right now. I saw my former assistant tonight. She divorced earlier this year and had to do a short sale on her house, so I guess people are getting out any way they can.

Intrepid_Chef said:
I can't tell you how many people have approached me with, "I lost all my Pampered Chef products in the divorce."

I wouldn't feel so bad about this, but the two leads from the Fall Fest were both fine the day I booked them, but when I followed up, both stated they were getting divorced. As in, this-happened-after-I-met-you kind of a timeframe. And it kind of weirded me out that there were two at the same time. I would hope they're not just using it as an excuse. :eek:

I'm getting back on the phone tomorrow, though. A divorce has deeper issues than any bad luck I can bring into the picture. :rolleyes:

I had a woman book a show on a Wednesday and contact me on Saturday in tears that her husband had told her he wanted a divorce and she had a week to get all of her stuff out of his house.

Trust me!!! I don't think anyone would use it as an excuse. It is a very emotional time regardless of if you are the one leaving or left behind. If you are a prayer warrior, just add them to your prayers. They will need it and maybe some day they will come back to you & PC as a source of income.

I am getting divorced to.. going today to get a mammogram redone as they saw something in both and signing divorce papers this week and have movers coming on Monday.. what is it about this year? also found out last night that my sister is getting divorced also... ugh!!!!

Maybe they need something to suppliment some income!

I had a friend who's brother lost all of his stones in a divorce.

I always joke because I bought my boyfriend a batter bowl last year for Christmas..because he lost his in the divorce.

Last edited:
call the ex and ask if they want to host a party.. think of it as 2 parties vice 1..

I had two shows cancel on me. One was a divorce and the other she was diagnosed with a terminal disease. The divorce one I can handle but what do you say to someone who is sick... Hey when you get better give me a call??? No I don't think it goes over too well.
Don't dwell on being "bad luck" think of this you now have two people to sell to! Now that these couples are not together anymore they may split friends. You just doubled your business :)
I always try to put a positive spin on things.

I feel confident it's NOT you. Money is one of the major causes of discontent in a marriage. With the way that the economy is right now, I'm sure that has more to do with the stats than you. ;)

Keep calling! The next one might be a Wedding Registery!!! :D

OK, Noora, keep your bad luck to yourself. ;) Just had a catalog show host who 2 weeks ago asked for 2 more weeks b/c she hadn't done anything. Now she says she still hasn't done anything and filed for divorce this week! I've never met her. She was an outside order on her co-worker's show and hasn't told anyone at work. Maybe it is as Sheila said. All of the money stress is putting people over the brink. At least my host offered to send the catalogs back. Not that she will, but it was nice that she offered.

I lost a good amount of my PC in MY divorce, and it's one of the reasons I became a consultant again!! Follow up with those ladies in a few months, you never know!! :)

Sheila said:
I feel confident it's NOT you. <snip>

Oh, sure it's her - the Typhoid Mary of the Direct Selling world. ;)

Noora, you should get a part-time job with a family law office. They'd love you for being an endless source of leads.

rimshot.gif

Noora I had the same feeling a few years back. I had a host who had to post pone the date of her original show because she fell and broke her ankle/foot.

A few months later she had her show and before her show closed (less than a week from the date of the show) I called to close the show to find out that her mom had passed away. Her mom was at the show and placed a rather large order. Since she had given me a check for the order, both sisters decided to follow through with the order and split the products between themselves.

A while later, almost a year, I contacted her about hosting another show to keep her 10% discount and was informed that her dad had just passed away the day before.

Needless to say, I felt like I was the bad luck and she even mentioned that she didn't think she'd ever be hosting anymore shows.

Don't feel so bad.... Most of my hosts have cancelled on me because there was a death in the family. Although, Im not sure if this is true or just an excuse most people resort to...

1. How can I break a streak of bad luck in the kitchen?

One way to break a streak of bad luck in the kitchen is to clean and organize your workspace before cooking. This can help create a positive and organized energy in the kitchen.

2. What can I do if I accidentally spill salt?

If you accidentally spill salt, you can toss a pinch of it over your left shoulder to counteract the bad luck. Alternatively, you can also sprinkle a little bit of salt into a bowl of water and then toss the water outside your front door.

3. How can I avoid breaking dishes or kitchen tools while cooking?

One way to avoid breaking dishes or kitchen tools is to handle them with care and avoid rushing in the kitchen. Additionally, keeping your workspace clean and organized can also help prevent accidents.

4. Is it true that cooking in a cluttered kitchen can bring bad luck?

While it may not necessarily bring bad luck, cooking in a cluttered kitchen can be stressful and may affect the overall energy of the space. It's best to keep your kitchen clean and organized for a more positive cooking experience.

5. What can I do to improve my luck in the kitchen?

To improve your luck in the kitchen, you can try incorporating positive affirmations before and during cooking, keeping your kitchen clean and organized, and using good quality cooking tools and ingredients. Additionally, being mindful and present while cooking can also bring positive energy into your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • rennea