• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

In summary, the conversation is about the increasing mean and sensitive tone on the discussion boards. The speakers are concerned about the lack of civility and the need to remember the positive aspects of the site. They also discuss the idea of being able to express opinions without fear of being attacked and the importance of sticking together as a family. One speaker mentions considering leaving the site but ultimately decides to stay for the good content and supportive members.
AJPratt said:
I know I have done some thinking about staying here, but I did just renew my membership. I think the benefits of meeting people like you, far out weighs what any idiot says. And then I thought, "Why should *I* go?" So, here I am.

I'm glad you decided to stay. You have so much to contribute to the site and it is obvious that you try to keep tone of voice in mind when you post. I missed this place when I was away for a few weeks. People do seem to be a bit touchier than I remember before. Hopefully it is a passing phase.

You are all just too funny. My cats are looking at me funny.

I can't leave you kids alone for a minute!!!:eek:

BethCooks4U said:

Welcome home Beth. :D

tlennhoff said:
Welcome home Beth. :D
Just stoppin in quick - dinner's on and then I have to make those calls - I won't promote to NED just by watching these guys.

But I do have my spies watching!!! (mom's have eyes in the back of their heads you know!)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I hear I should retire.

If tires weren't so damned expesive, I would - but when I found out what it's going to cost me to retire The Kat Lady's Katillac, well, I need to do a few more $1000 shows and soon!
Yeah... I saw that and FLIPPED my lid. Usually, after I log off of this site, I forget about it, but THAT had me upset. Notice that person has been really quiet? Except for the tacky signature... (OK... so that's my mean post, but I was defending my friend.)

I try and be supportive only on this site (with an occassional vent session here and there) and I have defended a freind here once or twice. But I say can't we all just get along! I'd hate to see anyone leave here because of some akward threads lately. This place was always so happy go lucky before I hope we can get that back again!!!!

BethCooks4U said:
[digs toe in dirt] WE'RE sorry. [/digs toe in dirt]

WE'LL behave.

[turns to ann] As soon as she logs off, you're gonna get it! [/turns to ann]

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[digs toe in dirt] WE'RE sorry. [/digs toe in dirt]

WE'LL behave.

[turns to ann] As soon as she logs off, you're gonna get it! [/turns to ann]
I TOLD you I have eyes in the back of my head! Be good! I will know if you aren't!

You can fool all of the people some of the time,
And you can fool some of the people all of the time,But you can't fool MOM!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You can fool all of the people some of the time,
And you can fool some of the people all of the time,

But you can't fool MOM!
Now you got it!

AJPratt said:
Yeah... I saw that and FLIPPED my lid. Usually, after I log off of this site, I forget about it, but THAT had me upset. Notice that person has been really quiet? Except for the tacky signature... (OK... so that's my mean post, but I was defending my friend.)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
--Abraham Lincoln​

I have to say you guys totally sound like my kids right now. Mom Ben hit me. Mom Ben is on my bike. Can you tell who the tatle teller is:D

I am soooooo sad that I did actual work at work today and missed this.......And Jason stole my "If I have to turn this thread around..." line! Waaahhhh!

I was gone all day to Ann

This is so much more enjoyable than the final exam I just took :)

And where is my sister Amy? Ann (baychef) don't kick gramps, he just had those shins replaced :D

Keep talking smart, Junior. Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time.(Go watch Fried Green Tomatoes and you'll learn what I mean.)

So Beth. What's changed with you? You never used to be on here that much and when you were you were offering very serious advice. ( That I highly respected). I hope that doesn't sound bad. You just seemed to have changed a little. Either way. I enjoy both sides.:D

luvs2sellit said:
So Beth. What's changed with you? You never used to be on here that much and when you were you were offering very serious advice. ( That I highly respected). I hope that doesn't sound bad. You just seemed to have changed a little. Either way. I enjoy both sides.:D
Guess I'm just letting my hair down today!

"That I highly respected" - does that mean you won't respect my posts anymore?

:eek: Oh no! I ruined my reprutation (and I can't spell anymore either!):eek:

BethCooks4U said:
{{{{HUG}}}}

We LOVE sensitive - if it means flowers, jewelry, candle lit dinners.....

furs, diamonds...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Keep talking smart, Junior. Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time.

(Go watch Fried Green Tomatoes and you'll learn what I mean.)

I know - you have more insurance than I do :):p

BethCooks4U said:

That tends to happen when you socialize with the likes of us.

BethCooks4U said:

Oh I still think your posts are great and always full of level headed knowledge. I just noticed you on here more and being more frisky. lol.

luvs2sellit said:
Oh I still think your posts are great and always full of level headed knowledge. I just noticed you on here more and being more frisky. lol.

I think AJ & KG converted her

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Keep talking smart, Junior. Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time.

(Go watch Fried Green Tomatoes and you'll learn what I mean.)

TOWANDA!!!!!!
It was just on the other day!!!!! my all time FAVORITE movie!!!!

That's it. They have drawn her to the dark side. Just kidding AJ and KG. Just kidding. This place used to be boring before you guys showed up. Just a bunch of talk on how to improve our PC business. lol. hahaha.

luvs2sellit said:
Frisky? I have rarely been called "frisky". Hmmm....

I made some major decisions lately and I know that they are the right ones for me. I have gotten so many signs and I guess I feel especially good right now. When it is right with the world is right. He takes care of us and we only have to listen to know which way to turn.

Today, well it's been a crazy day. I'm just especially happy. Wierd, I do have some very sad things happening in my life right now too but today it's all about the happy things. And, no I haven't been drinking or smoking anything.:eek:

luvs2sellit said:
Just a bunch of talk on how to improve our PC business. lol. hahaha.

Now THAT is crazy talk!

luvs2sellit said:
That's it. They have drawn her to the dark side. Just kidding AJ and KG. Just kidding. This place used to be boring before you guys showed up. Just a bunch of talk on how to improve our PC business. lol. hahaha.
Hmmm... I thought that THAT is why we come here (to improve our PC business). It sure isn't boring these days. Drama and comedy.

BethCooks4U said:
And, no I haven't been drinking or smoking anything.:eek:

I was going to say. Mom got into the good stuff and is not sharing with the kids!

jasonmva said:
Now THAT is crazy talk!
Yes, but in NJ, we would say "crazy tawk!" LOL

[.

I assume you meant to type God.

I am glad you are happy. I can tell a difference. :D

jasonmva said:
I was going to say. Mom got into the good stuff and is not sharing with the kids!
Never did. Never will.

Well, the smoking part. I do like wine. And some beers. And some mixed drinks (ever have a chocolate martini??)

BethCooks4U said:
Never did. Never will.

Well, the smoking part. I do like wine. And some beers. And some mixed drinks (ever have a chocolate martini??)

Mudslide martini's are the best!

As usual I've missed something:confused: I'll have to stop going to work, I miss to much.

I guess I was just so upset when I started this and left everyone in the dark. There was a post on another thread where some were sharing different opinions and someone said something that another cheffer apparently took offense to and just sent a nasty reply instead of just letting it go.

But anyway....I love the fact that this miserable b*tch session thread I started was hijacked and turned into something hysterical that I am still laughing over.

My pleasure! Just another service we graciously provide. ;)

jasonmva said:
I guess I was just so upset when I started this and left everyone in the dark. There was a post on another thread where some were sharing different opinions and someone said something that another cheffer apparently took offense to and just sent a nasty reply instead of just letting it go.

But anyway....I love the fact that this miserable b*tch session thread I started was hijacked and turned into something hysterical that I am still laughing over.
Its ok... some of us "got it". We got your back!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! She's really ticked now - even Amy's getting scolded!

Man.........I jumped off to do some homework and go to class and I STILL got in trouble. Talk about unfair!!!

amy07 said:
Man.........I jumped off to do some homework and go to class and I STILL got in trouble. Talk about unfair!!!

HE HE HE :p

jasonmva said:

MMMMMMOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! WAKE UP - they are doing it again!!!..........MMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM can you hear me????

I keep bouncing between three threads and cracking up. You should check the other thread so you can see KG in a cute little blue number. Check out the shoes.

I saw them. I am just glad they match the rest of the outifit

Amy is such a tattletale :p

jasonmva said:

am not am not am not:eek: :eek:

I'm a whiner

jasonmva said:

Well you can be sure he didn't dress himslef to look that put together.

jasonmva said:

I am back...and KG...I'm gunna kick yer knee replacements till the bolts fall out!!! (that is SO mean...my Dad had double knee replacements last summer and that was SO hard to watch...he is 73...a few years younger than KG:D )

Jason, I didn't go looking for the thread you are refering to, but did I think I did fall upon it(cause KG tripped me)...I now understand why you go so upset.

Mom...KG kicked me...and I didn't do ANYTHING to him :rolleyes: (except flick his ear and tie his shoes together:D Tell him to cut it out!

And Jason said a swear word!!!

And, and, and...I forgot....

Jason~ I am soooo jealous that you have swam with the dolphins!!!! That is so on my top 10 list of things I NEED to do before I am 40 (I would say 30 but that is only a couple of months a away..lol)

Where was the picture taken? I want to go to discover cove in FL

amy07 said:
am not am not am not:eek: :eek:

I'm a whiner

Funny - I'm a cheeser. No wonder we get along (Get it - whine & oh never mind)

<h2>1. Why are people so mean on these boards?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.</p><h2>2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?</h2><p>If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.</p><h2>3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?</h2><p>Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?</h2><p>If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.</p><h2>5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?</h2><p>The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.</p>

1. Why are people so mean on these boards?

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.

2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?

If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.

3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?

Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.

4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?

If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.

5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?

The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005