• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

In summary, the conversation is about the increasing mean and sensitive tone on the discussion boards. The speakers are concerned about the lack of civility and the need to remember the positive aspects of the site. They also discuss the idea of being able to express opinions without fear of being attacked and the importance of sticking together as a family. One speaker mentions considering leaving the site but ultimately decides to stay for the good content and supportive members.
ChefBeckyD said:
The scary thing about this thread is that it sounds so much like my childhood....except for us it was Mac & Cheese or those hideous little Banquet Pot Pies!
Some things never change!
hmmmm.... I HAVE seen those banquet pot pies in the store lately. That would teach them!

BethCooks4U said:
hmmmm.... I HAVE seen those banquet pot pies in the store lately. That would teach them!

With the "chewy chicken". Ewww! That WOULD teach 'em!

BethCooks4U said:
Just the threat of them would make me behave!:p

baychef said:
Amy's Mom's favorite...nee ner nee ner nee ner!!

nananananan naaaaaaaaaaaa:D :D :D

jasonmva said:
Leave it to AJ and KG to highjack yet another thread because they have a sibling rivalry!
Yup - her brother can beat up my brother!

Wait a minute...that didn't come out quite right.

AJPratt said:
Its always the ones who worry that aren't the problem... well, except for KG, because well, "He started it" (Ouch... quit it!)
:p DID NOT! DID NOT! DID NOT! :p

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
:p DID NOT! DID NOT! DID NOT! :p

Don't make me turn this car around!

MMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM, he's doing it again!

From my mom, "Take it outside and beat up each other. I just cleaned the floors..."

dianevill said:
From my mom, "Take it outside and beat up each other. I just cleaned the floors..."

I so love your mom right now and I never even met her!

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!They're being mean to me, just like you said in your first post!

Okay. Enough! I am tired "sick and tired" (Bill Cosby got the worse beating of his life with that line or so he says). Just go to your rooms.

...and Amy! You are going to join them if you don't knock it off!

Maybe the new title for this thread should read "When Hijacked Threads Go Wrong"

AJPratt said:
Does that mean I have to stop hitting KG?

Keep your hands to yourself young lady!

BethCooks4U said:
Okay. Enough! I am tired "sick and tired" (Bill Cosby got the worse beating of his life with that line or so he says). Just go to your rooms.

...and Amy! You are going to join them if you don't knock it off!

Wow! She's really ticked now - even Amy's getting scolded!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! She's really ticked now - even Amy's getting scolded!
She's rubbing it in too much! That's mean to. Be NICE. What part of nice don't we understand, kiddies???:rolleyes: :p

Sorry for the hijack, Jason. But it's turning out to be a silly day. Could ya tell?!:p

BethCooks4U said:
Sorry for the hijack, Jason. But it's turning out to be a silly day. Could ya tell?!:p

Thank goodness it is - I am feeling much calmer. You may continue to hijack

dannyzmom said:
Keep your hands to yourself young lady!
I'd rather if she kept her hands to myself.

AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
The laughter continues.. .thanks to all!

Its like when your kids and you are in the back seat, doing whatever, and that arm comes swinging at you. It doesn't care what it hits... it just wants to hit something.

Mom - notice I am not rubbing anything in (unlike Amy :) ) so can I have dessert after dinner? :D

jasonmva said:
Mom - notice I am not rubbing anything in (unlike Amy :) ) so can I have dessert after dinner? :D
Watch it buddy!

sure... just don't tell the others!

BethCooks4U said:
Hey! Watch it!
I didn't know you were into that kind of thing. There's a couple of websites out there for people like us...er...you.

You know, the sad thing is I COULD be mom of some of you (probably most) - but not KG (he's old, or so I hear!).

BethCooks4U said:
You know, the sad thing is I COULD be mom of some of you (probably most) - but not KG (he's old, or so I hear!).

Me too Beth! Except KG. :D

I'm with Beth - I am due to renew soon and I have wondered if I wanted to wade through some of the posts.

Then I realized that I OD NOT have to read them. BUT - I am tempted at times.

Bottom line for me - I have hit reply - typed out what I wnated to say - and then I admit I have deleted it becuase I don't wnat to get caught up in the "MESS" tha has been created.

I come to this board for help, ideas, recipes, fun, to chat, to help others and to be a part of my cheffer family.....

IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY - DON'T POST IT!!!

Isn't that what we were taught (well sorta)??

That doesn't mean we cna't disagree with someone else - just don't attack them on the board.

There is a BOLD line between slander and a debate.

My .02

I hear I should retire. If tires weren't so damned expesive, I would - but when I found out what it's going to cost me to retire The Kat Lady's Katillac, well, I need to do a few more $1000 shows and soon!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I hear I should retire.

If tires weren't so damned expesive, I would - but when I found out what it's going to cost me to retire The Kat Lady's Katillac, well, I need to do a few more $1000 shows and soon!
Just buy a new car - it comes with new tires.

PCGINA said:
<snip>Then I realized that I OD NOT have to read them. BUT - I am tempted at times.<snip>
You should have read them and you'd know how waaaaaaay off track this has gotten.

Besdies, it's a lot more fun now!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You should have read them and you'd know how waaaaaaay off track this has gotten.

Besdies, it's a lot more fun now!
So what? Should Gina be on the list now too??

BethCooks4U said:
Just buy a new car - it comes with new tires.
Yeah, but no one would put RECAR OLD MAN in their sig line so there goes the gag.

BethCooks4U said:
I'm probably on hers, now.

(Sorry, Gina!)

BethCooks4U said:
Of course she would be with those of us going OUT for dinner!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm probably on hers, now.

(Sorry, Gina!)
Men can be soooo sensitive! And they say WE are the weaker sex! HA!:rolleyes:

First, we're too mean. Then we're too sensitive. We just can't win around here.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
First, we're too mean. Then we're too sensitive. We just can't win around here.
{{{{HUG}}}}

We LOVE sensitive - if it means flowers, jewelry, candle lit dinners.....

BethCooks4U said:
I bet I would have to be your sister, Beth. (Would that make the old KG our grandfather?!! :rolleyes: Merrill touched up my picture to make me look this way! Even my real brother that is a pain in my tush to this day said...God, who made you look good:mad:
Years ago I heard Al Roker speak and he wrote a book on his father swinging his arm around to swat them all in the back seat. He was hilarious! He said the only thing that saved them once was that there were no seat belts then and they all slid around the corner and his arm would miss them!:D Of course this made him even more mad!!:eek:

Well, it's time to go home from work so I need to sign off for a while. You kids be good now!

Love Ya!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
HEY!

I'm NOT Methusala!
Maybe you can change your name to The_Grandpa_Guy
(but I bet I'm about the same age as you - so would that make me The_Gramma_Gal -NOOOOOO)

WE LOVE YOU TKG!!

Don't you dare change my handle!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
HEY!

I'm NOT Methusala!
I could have said great grandfather!!!!:D

Well, I'll take the Great part of it.

I have been so busy at work today to not even get a CS break. I want to go to dinner. I will try not to whine!!

pamperedalf said:
I have been so busy at work today to not even get a CS break. I want to go to dinner. I will try not to whine!!

I think Mom left for the day...so we can't get any attention for acting up until she comes back:(

And we should let this stop us...why?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And we should let this stop us...why?
Yeah...she needs something to scold us for later on!!!! I too have to leave work and actually have to do some PC stuff when I get home.
SO HERE IS A BIG KICK IN THE SHINS UNDER THE KITCHEN TABLE FOR MY SIBLINGS!!! :eek:

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!She kicked me!

<h2>1. Why are people so mean on these boards?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.</p><h2>2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?</h2><p>If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.</p><h2>3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?</h2><p>Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?</h2><p>If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.</p><h2>5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?</h2><p>The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.</p>

1. Why are people so mean on these boards?

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.

2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?

If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.

3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?

Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.

4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?

If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.

5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?

The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005