• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

In summary, the conversation is about the increasing mean and sensitive tone on the discussion boards. The speakers are concerned about the lack of civility and the need to remember the positive aspects of the site. They also discuss the idea of being able to express opinions without fear of being attacked and the importance of sticking together as a family. One speaker mentions considering leaving the site but ultimately decides to stay for the good content and supportive members.
amy07 said:
Jason, according to some of my gay friends, there is a difference between being gay, and being "queer". Anybody who would wear that get up is queer.

So when are you going to introduce me to your gay friends? I can't believe there are more gays in Fredericksburg! We are coming soon to a town near you!

My friends moved away, then I got married and had kids so i have no friends now!

jasonmva said:
So when are you going to introduce me to your gay friends? I can't believe there are more gays in Fredericksburg! We are coming soon to a town near you!
If you had been in Dallas with us for Leadership, I could have introduced you to my hairdresser. He's a hoot! When I first met him, I came home from my haircut and told DH, "If Eddie's not gay, then I'm a potato." My next visit, he started asking for my advice about a hot guy he met at a club. DING DING DING DING! Now he wants to borrow my Carmen Miranda costume for Halloween, but tells me he has better shoes than I do to go with it. :D

chefann said:
If you had been in Dallas with us for Leadership, I could have introduced you to my hairdresser. He's a hoot! When I first met him, I came home from my haircut and told DH, "If Eddie's not gay, then I'm a potato." My next visit, he started asking for my advice about a hot guy he met at a club. DING DING DING DING! Now he wants to borrow my Carmen Miranda costume for Halloween, but tells me he has better shoes than I do to go with it. :D

I'm glad you are not a potato!

amy07 said:
My friends moved away, then I got married and had kids so i have no friends now!

I'm your new gay friend. Yup I designated myself!

jasonmva said:

Go to Panera for lunch on any given day Jason. "They" are too pretty!

amy07 said:
Janet, is that a pic of your kids? Too cute!!

My little girl just asked me for a "dry paper", a what?!?!?
She wanted a paper towel, is that not adorable!

Yes, that was them last summer - just found the pic again today...believe it or not the two of them are 3 years apart...

jasonmva said:
I'm your new gay friend. Yup I designated myself!

And their is nothing wrong with designating yourself .... I have more friends through thsi website... that half the time my husband doesnt' even knwo what I am talking about ... so I just say oh my cluster :)

mommyhugz1978 said:
And their is nothing wrong with designating yourself .... I have more friends through thsi website... that half the time my husband doesnt' even knwo what I am talking about ... so I just say oh my cluster :)

Yeah, we're quite a cluster....so to speak...:rolleyes:

mommyhugz1978 said:
Hey! Good idea! My dh says that being on here isn't making me money but if I said I was talking with my cluster....

Lately I HAVE been on too much but usually it DOES help me make money. I get great ideas and excitement is generated here, it's fun which all shows when we deal with our customers. The whole idea of a cluster is networking and we sure do that here! yep! It's a good place to be ...in moderation.

BethCooks4U said:
Hey! Good idea! My dh says that being on here isn't making me money but if I said I was talking with my cluster....

Lately I HAVE been on too much but usually it DOES help me make money. I get great ideas and excitement is generated here, it's fun which all shows when we deal with our customers. The whole idea of a cluster is networking and we sure do that here! yep! It's a good place to be ...in moderation.

Honestly, I'd rather hang out here than drive over an hour each way for a cluster meeting - I learn and share much more here...

I choose to believe that the information and humor I acquire from this fine site help me to create a better show for my hosts and my customers. That is why I continue to access and participate in the forums here.

Now, if I can only make it all the way through without laughing, I'm going to start telling people this.

After the day of He double hockey sticks I have had... this relaxes me... and I get knew reguivatied ideas for my business.....

Here I go hijacking the thread but....... after today I feel like I been slaped in the face by a host of mine who cancled a show........ I swear to goodness that if someone tells me how to RUN MY BUSINESS I am going to freaking screamm.... this is a long long long long story... but I had to vent!!

Vent away. And, hey, if you yell into the dryer vent it echos nicely.

mommyhugz1978 said:
After the day of He double hockey sticks I have had... this relaxes me... and I get knew reguivatied ideas for my business.....

Here I go hijacking the thread but....... after today I feel like I been slaped in the face by a host of mine who cancled a show........ I swear to goodness that if someone tells me how to RUN MY BUSINESS I am going to freaking screamm.... this is a long long long long story... but I had to vent!!
{{{{hugs}}}}} It's okay! You're here with us now!!

BethCooks4U said:

Ewwww!

Ewwww!

Ewwww!

That WORD!

Don't you love how others know your life better than you? I was on a Field Trip with my daughter and 3 of us went with the kindergarten class...we got talking and realized we were all the same age (all 3 months apart...B-days in April - July - October)...anyway, we don't all "look" the same age...one looks older and 2 of us look younger. Well, when one was pregnant with her daughter, this lady stopped her and decided to lecture her on having a kid while in HS...(mind you, she was late 20's)...and how can she care for a kid so young, etc...

This lady had:
1. Known her husband for 9 years (met after HS)
2. Been married for 5 years before having kids

This lady about went off on the lady trying to tell her it was wrong...showed her the wedding ring...told her that her blood pressure was already high, so did she want to explain it to the doctor of why she was in the hospital from this encounter, etc.

So, short story long...

Your life, your way... is PC...you know what works best for you...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ewwww!

Ewwww!

Ewwww!

That WORD!

Some of us "moderate" more than others...

If I have an INSANELY busy life...moderation here is a large portion of my life.. :p

janetupnorth said:
Some of us "moderate" more than others...

If I have an INSANELY busy life...moderation here is a large portion of my life.. :p
Well... the ideal would be everything in moderation. It's a good word KG!!

If a moderator sees this thread, we're all dead meat.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
If a moderator sees this thread, we're all dead meat.

Better wait 'til tomorrow then, I think some fellow cheffers may not be eating meat today...

janetupnorth said:
Better wait 'til tomorrow then, I think some fellow cheffers may not be eating meat today...
That sounds sorta fishy to me. (Someone Lent that joke to me.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That sounds sorta fishy to me. (Someone Lent that joke to me.)

Oh...that was so bad it hurts... (Groaning in pain...then laughing!!!!)

mommyhugz1978 said:

I second that one!! But it has been quite a year and it is only March. Uggh, the way my life is going these days I just wanna curl up in the corner and sleep off the rest of the year. Hmmm, do you think my divorce would complete it self? (if I'm hiding in the corner)

I have had quite a year too (and I mean YEAR -12 months). I finally made some major changes and I am a new person! I prayed hard and long and am positive that He guided me because now that things are changing because of decisions I have made, signs are popping up all over that I made the right choices! No I am not leaving DH - he is the love of my life and we are partners in everything! The major change was leaving the day job. ONE MORE WEEK - 4 DAYS - 30 HOURS!!! My PC business is already reviving since making that decision - I actually FEEL like getting on the phone - even DH noticed that business is better!

I have several issues right now that should be making me feel more down than I do but I know those things are out of my hands. I have given them over and have peace with that. My very dear grandmother died (her funeral is next week - another story! funeral 3 weeks after the death - now really!); MIL is dying and is a major burden on FIL - SO worried for HIS health; Cousin dying of cancer... I am blessed that I made the decision about the day job when I did because now I will be able to help if needed (they are all at least 1000 miles away).

Sorry. I didn't mean to go into all of my woes. Just know that He will guide you!

janetupnorth said:
Oh...that was so bad it hurts... (Groaning in pain...then laughing!!!!)
As long as the net result was hooking you into reading that line, then I had the right angle.

BethCooks4U said:
{{{{hugs}}}}} It's okay! You're here with us now!!

thanks..... my co-workers here at my day job....... thought I was becoming a walking talking PMS case..... I had a show cancled today, without any warning what so ever......I have one show on my books for april.... and I whole bunch of people that are leads from a bridal show do you think I could get one person to answer their phone??? NO!! Can I have some bon bons... and some ohoooo some Pepsi ??? I might feel better...

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
As long as the net result was hooking you into reading that line, then I had the right angle.

If you're fishing for an good audience, better betta test that joke again...this group is like sharks and will eat you alive...you can't win an oscar with bad fish jokes...

raebates said:
Vent away. And, hey, if you yell into the dryer vent it echos nicely.

If it was that bad around the frist time why would you put yourself thru the pain of listening to it again?

Yelling into the dryer vent is a gas!(Unless you have an electric dryer.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yelling into the dryer vent is a gas!

(Unless you have an electric dryer.)

Why am I NOT surprised

jasonmva said:
If it was that bad around the frist time why would you put yourself thru the pain of listening to it again?

I get so distracted by the cool echo that whatever I was complaining about doesn't seem so bad. . . bad . . . bad . . . bad . . . bad . . .

I don't yell into the dryer vent right now, I gave it up for Lint.

Oh, KG you kill me...didn't even think of that one...

A bump to get this up with the parody thread.

Beth: I am sorry to hear about your year... I am sending good thoughts your way! I had a tough year, too: my husband was fired this month last year, I couldn't find another job (even though they threatened to fire me several times), so I still have to work for the people who fired him, I had two misacrraiges, my Dad was very sick, my step sis was almost killed last weekend in a car accident, my car died on me, I gained a ton of weight, and my Grandpop died last month. And now, my BESTEST friend, Tim, is moving to FL with his boyfriend because of BF's job. I am crushed... people say we're like the two in "My Best Friend's Wedding". He has always been close by when I needed him. Those are just the things that come to mind.

I don't mean to sound selfish; I am thankful for what we do have and I know people are much worse... actually, you sound much worse but sometimes I feel like I have all that I can handle. I am a firm believer in "that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I can totally relate to your problems... I am putting everyone you mentioned in my prayers, including you {{hug}}.

Thanks, Ann... I'll take 'em!

bbauman07 said:
I second that one!! But it has been quite a year and it is only March. Uggh, the way my life is going these days I just wanna curl up in the corner and sleep off the rest of the year. Hmmm, do you think my divorce would complete it self? (if I'm hiding in the corner)

Make room for me....... becasue I want to crawl into a corner as well....

Ohhh... Thanks for all the kind thoughts. And Anne {{{hugs}}} and happy thoughts to you. My prayers are with you. My problems are nothing compared to what you have been through! {{{hugs}}} ) I did gain a lot of weight this year too. It's the stress that does it and then I just can't make myself exercise and then who cares just eat it anyway. lol

Take care!

I look back at what we've been through this year and I think that if we can survive this, we can survive anything...

I'm hoping my plans work out and I can leave my job by the end of the year, if not sooner.

AJPratt said:
I look back at what we've been through this year and I think that if we can survive this, we can survive anything...

I'm hoping my plans work out and I can leave my job by the end of the year, if not sooner.
I'll pray for that - better yet - for God's Perfect Will.

How far are you now on the Coffee Shop plans?

Well, to make a long story short... Our first choice location fell through. The owner and realtor were pretty much playing the buyers off one another and after a month, I just got tired of it. The place is a dump that needed a lot of work, but I thought the location made up for that. We actually looked at my second choice last night again. Lots of potential and in much better shape. Since I completed the text portion of my biz plan, the small biz consultant I am working with wants to send me to an accountant to get things moving forward... its scary, thrilling, exhausting, and completely overwhelming, but I LOVE it. I dream about the day I get to give notice!

Do you have a picture of your dream to help you focus? A target date circled on the calendar?

HOW EXCITING!!!! I wish you lived closer, I'd be your first customer!

I do have a couple of pictures and November 1st is our target. But, if we can do it sooner... WOO HOO!

Anne, it was a good thing to walk away from the other site. If the other buyer has any brains, he will, too. Leave the seller and broker empty handed.Jimmy Carter's chief negotiator was a man named Herb Cohen. His most famous phrase, to me anyway, was "...the key to good negotiations is to care! But not that much." What he means is do not get emotionally attached to whatever your're buying - care about it, but not so much that you can't walk away from it.It was good to walk away from it. Don't be surprised if the broker calls you back, begging you to come look again.

<h2>1. Why are people so mean on these boards?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.</p><h2>2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?</h2><p>If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.</p><h2>3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?</h2><p>Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?</h2><p>If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.</p><h2>5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?</h2><p>The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.</p>

1. Why are people so mean on these boards?

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.

2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?

If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.

3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?

Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.

4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?

If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.

5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?

The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005