• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

In summary, the conversation is about the increasing mean and sensitive tone on the discussion boards. The speakers are concerned about the lack of civility and the need to remember the positive aspects of the site. They also discuss the idea of being able to express opinions without fear of being attacked and the importance of sticking together as a family. One speaker mentions considering leaving the site but ultimately decides to stay for the good content and supportive members.
chefann said:
Mooommmm....... they're ignoring me!

nah...........just wait they'll get you too! Do you really want to be an Ox AND a moron?

You know what's really sad.........I AM an ox in the chinese zodiac.........

Isn't that a sign of strength?

chefann said:
ox or moron?

baychef said:
I was raised Catholic, but I don't want to eat Flipper on a Bun just cause it's Friday and Lent.:eek:
Psssst! Flipper ain't a fish. Mahi-mahi on a cracker has to wait until Saturday.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Psssst! Flipper ain't a fish. Mahi-mahi on a cracker has to wait until Saturday.
Well, I would count it as okay on Fridays - it lives in the water.

Yeah- I was taught that it was land-based creatures that were verboten. Which always seemed odd: Lent is a season of sacrifice. So on Friday, instead of eating chicken, you can have shrimp and lobster.

:D

chefann said:

I think so........but I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, so I'm always crying! But I KEEP on trying..............

chefann said:
Yeah- I was taught that it was land-based creatures that were verboten. Which always seemed odd: Lent is a season of sacrifice. So on Friday, instead of eating chicken, you can have shrimp and lobster.:D
No wonder I almost went broke dating my high shcool sweetheart.

amy07 said:
I think so........but I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, so I'm always crying! But I KEEP on trying..............
That sounds so you, Amy. {{{hugs}}}

(Just like momma)

amy07 said:
If you ever need open heart sugery, it should cost you less than the rest of us.

amy07 said:
Ohhh... poor baby. The world needs more sensitive souls like you. :)

BethCooks4U said:
That sounds so you, Amy. {{{hugs}}}

(Just like momma)

awwww, you're so sweet. I've OFFICIALLY adopted you as my momma, and NOOOOOOOOO KG, do not get excited I said, "my Momma", not my "my b***h"........I play on one team and one team only!

We'll be nice to yo mamma.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Actually, it sounds like a bad old Keven Costner movie..

Are there any old, GOOD Kevin Costner movies?

All of his baseball movies.Although, For Love Of The Game wasn't really a baseball movie - but it was still a good one. A chick flick that a date can drag her BF to because of the baseball component.

You guys (and Gals) are too funny.

There have benn a few to many attacks around here lately.

I agree with the don't read them. I also think that words can be misread easily.

bbauman07 said:
You guys (and Gals) are too funny.

There have benn a few to many attacks around here lately.

I agree with the don't read them. I also think that words can be misread easily.

Especially when you get typing fast and spell them wrong :)

Wrong speeling, ME, never. LOL :p

jasonmva said:
Especially when you get typing fast and spell them wrong :)

Your too funny...... Why can't we all be like Jason and play nice and swim with the Dolpins?? and No I can't spell... come by it honstly..... :rolleyes: I will just start another thread about me be torked off about a flakey hostess...... :( I seriously need some hugs from my virtual family right now!! I am a ball of hormonal emotions.. and NO I am not prego.. lord I hope not....:confused:

mommyhugz1978 said:
Your too funny...... Why can't we all be like Jason and play nice and swim with the Dolpins?? and No I can't spell... come by it honstly..... :rolleyes: I will just start another thread about me be torked off about a flakey hostess...... :( I seriously need some hugs from my virtual family right now!! I am a ball of hormonal emotions.. and NO I am not prego.. lord I hope not....:confused:

AAAWWW - stick with the 3 hijacked threads and you will be in pain doubled over from laughing so hard.

Hey this is post 400! I never in a million years thought I'd see that. Maybe KG is right, drivel does go a long way!

jasonmva said:
AAAWWW - stick with the 3 hijacked threads and you will be in pain doubled over from laughing so hard.

Hey this is post 400! I never in a million years thought I'd see that. Maybe KG is right, drivel does go a long way!

You drivel?

Back from my awesome lunch........
Jason if you have not been to the NEW El Charro you've gotta go........SOOOOOOOOOOOO much cleaner than the old one (it's still there).

My party tonight is the Mexican margarita theme so I had to get my fix beforehand.........

amy07 said:
Back from my awesome lunch........
Jason if you have not been to the NEW El Charro you've gotta go........SOOOOOOOOOOOO much cleaner than the old one (it's still there).

My party tonight is the Mexican margarita theme so I had to get my fix beforehand.........

Where the old Damon's used to be?

jasonmva said:
Where the old Damon's used to be?

yes-minus the big screen tv's.......although there is a basketball hanging in a corner? Not sure what that's all about........maybe a new type of pinata?

raebates said:
Are there any old, GOOD Kevin Costner movies?

Dances with Wolves

amy07 said:
Dances with Wolves

And the next round of the dancing with the dolphin will begin. Thanks Amy :p

jasonmva said:
And the next round of the dancing with the dolphin will begin. Thanks Amy :p

ROFL------didn't mean to!!:D :D

amy07 said:
Dances with Wolves

Okay, I'll give you Dances with Wolves. My buddy and I have a running disagreement about Kevin Costner. She thinks he's very sexy good actor. I think he's not.

raebates said:
Okay, I'll give you Dances with Wolves. My buddy and I have a running disagreement about Kevin Costner. She thinks he's very sexy good actor. I think he's not.

maybe its just a woman thing.........but when men start dating/marrying girls who could be their daughter they kind of lose their appeal to me

raebates said:

Sexy - YES!!!!!
Good actor - Eh

Yeah, we also have this disagreement over Mel Gibson. While she thinks he's an okay actor, she doesn't find him appealing at all. I think he's adorable.

He used to be cute... I don't know now. I'm really hung up on this guy:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
leaf_blower.jpg

He's growing on me, too, Anne.

AJPratt said:

LOL.......You're killing me............my belly is full.......I can't take too much!

Is it just me, or does his waving hand look like it belongs on a corpse?

raebates said:
He's growing on me, too, Anne.

Nope. Just turned out to be the mold from the refrigerator of Ann's host.

(For an explanation, go to the thread asking if you've ever done a show in a dirty house.)

Last edited:
amy07 said:
Is it just me, or does his waving hand look like it belongs on a corpse?
It looks a little limp.

That's a good set-up. Take it away, someone with a dirty mind!

raebates said:
Nope. Just turned out to be the mold from the refrigerator of Anne's host.

(For an explanation, go to the thread asking if you've ever done a show in a dirty house.)

Is that not one of the nastiest things you have ever heard of?!!?:eek: I'll admit to having my share on science projects in bowls that have been pushed all the way to the back, but NEVER, I do mean NEVER on the fridge! YUCK!!

chefann said:
It looks a little limp.

no explanation needed! Maybe he needs some kiwi.........tip from another post........

chefann said:
It looks a little limp.

Hey I have limp wrist syndrome!!! (It's a gay thing)

Can't......stop......laughing.....every.....time.....i....see....the....leaf....blower!

AJPratt said:

Don't take this wrong AJ, but looking at the picture next to your avatar...he could be your brother! :)

AJPratt said:

I am truly starting to believe that is a picture of KG when he was younger. Although it is not in black and white......

jasonmva said:
Hey I have limp wrist syndrome!!! (It's a gay thing)

Jason, according to some of my gay friends, there is a difference between being gay, and being "queer". Anybody who would wear that get up is queer.

Ok, speaking of limp wrists...I really hate it when a man shakes your hand and there is no strength there. I just had lunch with a sales rep. and he had the wimpiest handshake!!!! ...and he was a straight guy - girlfriend, daughter, etc... Makes me lose a notch of respect for his sales pitch - have some gusto please!

...just a personal pet peeve...

janetupnorth said:
Ok, speaking of limp wrists...I really hate it when a man shakes your hand and there is no strength there. I just had lunch with a sales rep. and he had the wimpiest handshake!!!! ...and he was a straight guy - girlfriend, daughter, etc... Makes me lose a notch of respect for his sales pitch - have some gusto please!

...just a personal pet peeve...

***note to self - be firm when shaking Janet's hand when I meet her. Wonder if she would accept a HEY GIRL!!!! from across the room instead***

jasonmva said:
I am truly starting to believe that is a picture of KG when he was younger. Although it is not in black and white......
You mean it's not a Durer woodcut.

(Just kidding, KG! You know we love you!!)

Janet, is that a pic of your kids? Too cute!!

My little girl just asked me for a "dry paper", a what?!?!?
She wanted a paper towel, is that not adorable!

<h2>1. Why are people so mean on these boards?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.</p><h2>2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?</h2><p>If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.</p><h2>3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?</h2><p>Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?</h2><p>If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.</p><h2>5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?</h2><p>The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.</p>

Related to ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

1. Why are people so mean on these boards?

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.

2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?

If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.

3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?

Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.

4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?

If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.

5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?

The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005