• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

In summary, the conversation is about the increasing mean and sensitive tone on the discussion boards. The speakers are concerned about the lack of civility and the need to remember the positive aspects of the site. They also discuss the idea of being able to express opinions without fear of being attacked and the importance of sticking together as a family. One speaker mentions considering leaving the site but ultimately decides to stay for the good content and supportive members.
Thanks for the advice... we got the one call after we had walked away because I didn't think I would be ready in time. So, he's really lost me now. I don't like BS and all that crap... I'm a pretty straight forward, say what you mean kinda person so its tiring for me to deal with someone like that. He was questioning if I was serious... well, its been a month, buddy.. who is holding things up now?

It's tough to walk away from real estate - they're not making much of it anymore - but it sounds like the seller has a less than ideal offering and a broker who is less than good. It's easy for any idiot to sell a 4 corner property in a developing area but it takes more finese and effort to sell a mid-block front that needs work.

True... They are acting like the place is a gold mine. It HAS the potential to be but it's a P.O.S. now. When I am in a location I am reporting his broker to the board.

Our other location is a building in an area going through redevelopment. I can really see us being there. It comes with a rented store and two rented apartments. The big plus for me with the other place was that it had billboards for rent. So, this seems better for us. Plus, there is nothing like what we want to do there. Theres a diner and a Dunkin, but that's down the block. And, they just won't compare to what I will offer. Not being sassy, just that I will offer the freshest and best around.

You're getting lots of experience with "the freshest" right here.

AJPratt said:
Not being sassy, just that I will offer the freshest and best around.
Hmmm.... Sassy Lassy Coffee and Treats. The freshest in town.

:D

Is that downstairs from Granny Nanny's Pleasure Palace?(Where the customer always comes first!)

<giggle>There's a coffee shop/internet cafe that I pass on the drive to/from work with an interesting juxtaposition. It's in a low, corner building with a very large sign on both sides: Java Cafe, Coffee and Internet. On top of the building is a billboard. It was changed last week to a Diet Coke ad, featuring a cup cozy (the little cardboard band that coffeeshops put on carryout cups) on a can of Diet Coke, and the words "Your morning pick-me-up". (or something along those lines) I love the irony, and chuckle whenever I pass it.

Last edited:
Oh, I bet the owner of the coffee shop just loves that billboard.Funny sign story from Milwaukee...For as long as I can remember, the Miller "Soft cross" has been on top of the tallest building of the Miller Brewing campus in Miller Valley. http://www.millerbrewing.com/images/brandsBreweries/breweries/breweriesSideNav.jpg Many years later, a new bus terminal was built about 24 blocks east of the brewery, and a tall office building was built over it. The Greyhound Building (later sold and renamed the Clark Building) had a large, rotating sign atop it. From the opening, a Citgo logo rotated above the Clark Building, visible from all the freeways that entered downtown Milwaukee.About 25 years ago, the sign lease came up and Citgo declined to renew it. Before anyone realized what was happening, Annhauser-Busch leased it and put a rotating Budweiser label on top of the Clark building - just 24 blocks from Miller World HQ. (That would be like Williams-Sonoma building a plant next door to TPC in Addison!)As you can imagine, Miller folks were steamed but until the lease ran out, there was nothing they could do except see that Bud label when they drove to and from work every day.As you might imagine, there is a Miller sign up there today and there probably always will be.Miller Brewing, incidentally, is just across the river from Miller Park.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Miller Brewing, incidentally, is just across the river from Miller Park.
Which for those that don't know is the new professional baseball stadium in Milwaukee where the Milwaukee Brewers play.

AJPratt said:
Beth: I am sorry to hear about your year... I am sending good thoughts your way! I had a tough year, too: my husband was fired this month last year, I couldn't find another job (even though they threatened to fire me several times), so I still have to work for the people who fired him, I had two misacrraiges, my Dad was very sick, my step sis was almost killed last weekend in a car accident, my car died on me, I gained a ton of weight, and my Grandpop died last month. And now, my BESTEST friend, Tim, is moving to FL with his boyfriend because of BF's job. I am crushed... people say we're like the two in "My Best Friend's Wedding". He has always been close by when I needed him. Those are just the things that come to mind.

I don't mean to sound selfish; I am thankful for what we do have and I know people are much worse... actually, you sound much worse but sometimes I feel like I have all that I can handle. I am a firm believer in "that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I can totally relate to your problems... I am putting everyone you mentioned in my prayers, including you {{hug}}.

BIG ((((HUGS)))))

AJPratt said:
Its like when your kids and you are in the back seat, doing whatever, and that arm comes swinging at you. It doesn't care what it hits... it just wants to hit something.

I call that the 'reach back'. My Mom was in the car with me one day and my 2 boys (then @8 &9). They were fighting, and she said we (my brother, sister, and I) never fought like that. I said yes, we did . They used the reach back all the time. She wanted to know what it was. I demonstrated for her, - you know when you reach in the back seat and it doesn't matter who you get, as long as it tags someone - and she suddenely remembered that she used the reach back also.

I can honestly say I have never been subject to the reach back. I guess it's because if we ever went on any trips, we always flew.

Ken Davis, a wonderful Christian comedian, talks about this. He tells about how his kids lean just out of reach when he does it. Says an old man told him after a show once that if you tap on the brakes it brings them right into range. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0050.gif

We never got the reach back. We got the "thump". Dad would say, "Knock it off, or I'm going to thump some head!" It was usually one of my brothers that would send him over the edge and out came the index finger to give whichever one, a head thump. Sometimes if you were unfortunate to be close, you got the chest thump. Index finger thumped into your chest.

Imagine 5 people in a Volkwagon Beetle traveling from Alamagordo, New Mexico to Tucson, Arizona. There were a lot of close thumping going on!!!

My Dad would say, "Knock it of or I'm gonna thump you as$". Now, it sounds funny. LOL

and of course, after you got thumped you were threatened to get it again if you didn't stop crying, right?

or was that just my dad?

No, that was when he would say, "Quit crying or I'll really give you something to cry about."

I'd reply, "This is going to hurt me a lot more than it hurts you."Years later, Mom told me it was too hard for The Old Man to hit me when he was trying to keep from laughing.

I seem to have inherited the "all powerful index finger", although I never used it as a thumper. I only have to extend it and all the kids, grandmonsters and even the cats know I mean business! :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'd reply, "This is going to hurt me a lot more than it hurts you."

Years later, Mom told me it was too hard for The Old Man to hit me when he was trying to keep from laughing.

Why does that NOT surprise me that your would be the one saying that?:rolleyes:

If I have to turn this car around...

And there was never a conclusion to that sentence. Our imaginations just filled it in.

..........we'll be going in the opposite direction?

amy07 said:
..........we'll be going in the opposite direction?

Only if doing a 180. If you do a 360 you will continue in the same direction.

jasonmva said:
Only if doing a 180. If you do a 360 you will continue in the same direction.

ok ok ok ok

. . . or we'll have to drive in a big old circle?

i like doughnuts!

MMMMM, Krispy Kreme!

My Dad used to say, "Don't get smart with me". I'd say, "I can't get smart, I already am."

That would lead to the..."this is going to hurt you more than it hurts me" and the "don't cry or I'll give you something to cry about lines"...

...or did those used to come before the "don't get smart with me..."...

my thoughts exactly

oh, no don't tell me we are doing it again

Oh, and my dad used to say, "Knock it off or I'm going to lamb you..."

That was bound to get my brother and I cracking up which would lead to the "don't get smart with me..."

raebates said:
MMMMM, Krispy Kreme!
I used to work at a Dunkin Donuts. We'd make our own custom donuts for break time. Like one filled with both vanilla cream and strawberry jelly, then iced with vanilla. It tasted like shortcake.

A friend of mine used to work in a baker's shop up the street. It was one of those old bakeries with a coffe shop inside, a counter and stools. It was not unlike Dunkin Donuts today, except that it was a full bakery. There was one old fart who came in for coffee every day and he always ordered a filled donut. Without fail, every moring, he'd take a bite of the filled donut and whine about how cheap the bakery was because there was never enough jelly in the jelly donut.One morning, Dan was filling donuts - and he made a special one for the old fart. He pumped that sucker so full of jelly that it was more like the Goodyear Blimp. It was on the verge of ripping apart and Dan put it aside for him.As usual, the old guy came in, ordered coffee and a jelly donut. Dan gave him the special one. He picked it up, bit into it and it exploded! There was jelly all over his face, down his shirt, on the counter and I think there was some in his coffee.There was never a complaint after that.

That's funny. We had people who would come in and occasionally complain that "there's less jelly in this today than usual." Which wasn't possible because we used a metered pump to fill them.

Did you know.... the "Jelly" filling at Dunkin that has no fruit adjective in front of it, is an apple-raspberry blend.

You guys are making me so hungry right now!!! LOL

I love my small local bakery but I sooooo miss Dunkin Donuts!!!!

chefann said:
That's funny. We had people who would come in and occasionally complain that "there's less jelly in this today than usual." Which wasn't possible because we used a metered pump to fill them.

Did you know.... the "Jelly" filling at Dunkin that has no fruit adjective in front of it, is an apple-raspberry blend.
Probably made by DuPont.

Sorry. My blood sugar soared just thinking about warm, soft, sweet, delicious Krispy Kreme donuts. That sometimes makes me a little testy.

I'll be fine. I'll just sit here and sip on my Diet Coke. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/rolleye0011.gif Yum.

jasonmva said:
Ah ha - pull that pointer finger back there missy! :)
Did you say, pull my finger???? :eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A friend of mine used to work in a baker's shop up the street. It was one of those old bakeries with a coffe shop inside, a counter and stools. It was not unlike Dunkin Donuts today, except that it was a full bakery. There was one old fart who came in for coffee every day and he always ordered a filled donut. Without fail, every moring, he'd take a bite of the filled donut and whine about how cheap the bakery was because there was never enough jelly in the jelly donut.

One morning, Dan was filling donuts - and he made a special one for the old fart. He pumped that sucker so full of jelly that it was more like the Goodyear Blimp. It was on the verge of ripping apart and Dan put it aside for him.

As usual, the old guy came in, ordered coffee and a jelly donut. Dan gave him the special one. He picked it up, bit into it and it exploded! There was jelly all over his face, down his shirt, on the counter and I think there was some in his coffee.

There was never a complaint after that.
LMAO!!! I can't wait to tell my ladies this story tomorrow!!! This sounds like something we would do!! Well, we do a lot of plotting, but never carry it out. They get a little testy in school districts sometimes!!!:rolleyes: :D

raebates said:
Sorry. My blood sugar soared just thinking about warm, soft, sweet, delicious Krispy Kreme donuts. That sometimes makes me a little testy.

I'll be fine. I'll just sit here and sip on my Diet Coke. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/rolleye0011.gif Yum.

WOuld you like me to make you some sugar free cookies and mail them to you???? :D

janetupnorth said:
Oh, and my dad used to say, "Knock it off or I'm going to lamb you..."

That was bound to get my brother and I cracking up which would lead to the "don't get smart with me..."

Hmmm...serving kids with mint jelly - now there is a thought!

I'd feel a little sheepish about posting that one, but I guess we can't pull the wool over your eyes.

Oh...that was B-A-A-A-A-A-d.............

Don't blame it on me, I don't know mutton.

Oh SURE YOU DO KG LOL

raebates said:

donuts are such a weakness for me! if i go into Dunkin' Donuts with more than $2 i WILL buy a donut.
So.... rule # 1 bring only $2 in
rule #2- never try Krispy Kreme's !
nope never have even tasted one, its so sad!
I just know I'll love em!

Now, they all think I'm an old goat.Reba, I have no idea what the big deal is over Krispy Kreme. They're more expensive, harder to find and smaller than Dunkin or any other brand of donut.Of course, in a pinch... :D

<h2>1. Why are people so mean on these boards?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.</p><h2>2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?</h2><p>If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.</p><h2>3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?</h2><p>Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?</h2><p>If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.</p><h2>5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?</h2><p>The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.</p>

Related to ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

1. Why are people so mean on these boards?

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.

2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?

If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.

3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?

Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.

4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?

If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.

5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?

The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005