• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifAny of You Had Problems With Your Room at the Chicago Hilton

In summary, Experient needs to be notified of any problems their consultants have so they can correct them before the next conference. Experient needs to improve their customer service by resolving issues quicker.
chefkathy
Please email Experient at [email protected]. I just called this morning and they said to email them so it is documented.

They need to know. I talked to lots of consultants who had issues and yet only a few of them had let Experient know. They need to know so it can be avoided next year!

Thanks!

Too bad! We had a great experience at the Hilton this year!

Ditto. I love the Hilton. Stayed at the Sheraton this year because I was late reserving. Love the two bathrooms!

I love the Hilton, too, but they royally screwed up on my room this year. I think with teh Wave 1-Wave 2 overlap and then another conference going on at the Hilton at the same time, they made some big boo boos. It's just not acceptable, though!

I can see that happening. Sometimes you dont get the best employees and they give the hotel a bad name. The first time I went two Hispanic Market consultants were treated very badly. Grace was furious and they ended up giving those girls room service, all of their best food for free.

What a bummer! :(

I found a fingernail in my bed!!! Yuck!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

That made my stomach turn...that is just gross!

Our outlets didn't work in the second bathroom and when we got back the first day the tub was 1/4 full of water. We think the maid took a bath then cut her fingernails in my bed. We did get a $50 food voucher to use in the Hotel, however we found that a coke was $3.50, didn't go far. We had a blast laughing though, it takes those things to make a good vacation.

At my Cluster Meeting this month the 4 of us who went and had this lovely experience were telling one of the other consultants who went last year about everything that happened and were laughing so hard my daughter came out of her room to see what was going on. We had a great time fingernail and all.

I HATE :mad: Chicago Hilton though. Don't think I'll ever stay there again.

In DC I had peanuts on the floor in my room---Called for help--They dropped off a vacuum and never came back---We waited 20 minutes and then cleaned our own room--We were told by M&I they were going to take care of us---HA---NATTA--Did I mention---My youngest would DIE--if he was near peanuts-Point being we need new travel people=+++

the people that handle conference hotels are not the same people that handle the incentive trips.

I e-mailed them and the e-mail simply spits back a generic "we are no longer responsible for accomodations" e-mail.....still no money, they still owe me $96. It's been over a month. Hmmmm.....

OMG, I just sent them an e-mail before I saw your response. I hope to God I don't get that reply. I'm already livid about everything. I think we earned a one night stay free at Leadership or Conf. next year. Don't you think!!! If not for the fingernail alone.........

Ok, Janice I got the same message. I called Jennifer (supposed to be the direct cotact at the Hotel) and left my third message that if someone didn't call me and fix this I was going to the Better Business Bureau. I don't even know how to do that but maybe it will scare them.

Denise, my contact at the Chicago Hilton was Jeanette 312-431-6962 and Diana Gamborini was the person at Experient who was handling some of these post-conference issues.

Thanks, I'll call her tomorrow. Do you have Experient's number by any chance???

Ok, I called Jennifer and she said since we had to go through a Housing whatever (Experient) that's the hold up. If we would have booked directly through the hotel it would have only taken 3-5 days to get our refund. I now despise Experient!!! She also said there were so many problems that it's taking longer but the hotel has done thier part it's now in the housing peeps hands. She said it would be credited back on our credit cards and only Experient has that info. blah...blah...blah. It will be a miracle if we ever see it. The Sheridan is looking better every day. The bad thing is we're locked in with these hotels for another 3 years. I spoke to a rep. at Experient and she told me that. Yes, I did mention the fingernail in my bed. Ha...ha...ha...YUCK!

I stayed at the Sheraton this year. Innitially, I wasn't happy (only 1 bathroom) but it turned out fine. It was easy to work out shower times with the gals in my room. I booked it through Experiment and was concerned about that refund thing but I drove so I also had parking fees to add to my part of the bill (got a good discount on that because of the PC group - normally $42, I paid $25/night) so I ended up having to pay a little. I am so glad for that - there's no excuse for them to take this long to send back the overpayments. They didn't take any time deducting the money from our accounts.

I thought I read upon arrival at the hotel that the deposits wouldn't be refunded and any differences should be worked out between the roommates. Our bill was done correctly so there wasn't an issue for us there either. Well, except they billed me the higher parking fee and when I called down about it they said it would be changed when I checked out. My concern there was what if I didn't know about the PC rate? I wouldn't have had to check out. lol

...no fingernails in our beds either.

I sent an e-mail to HO as well, with the general "we will forward your e-mail to the proper area".

That was a few weeks ago. Nothing yet.

Experient should now pay the interest that I am losing on that $96....don't you agree? This is crazy stupid!

Definately!!! For as many problems as they had this year something should be done. They should know how to handle large conventions.

Oh by the way, a representative from Experident call me and said they still haven't received the info they need from the Hotel to process our refunds. This is turning into a he said she said. I say I just want my refund this year. :grumpy:

Hankins said:
Definately!!! For as many problems as they had this year something should be done. They should know how to handle large conventions.

Oh by the way, a representative from Experident call me and said they still haven't received the info they need from the Hotel to process our refunds. This is turning into a he said she said. I say I just want my refund this year. :grumpy:

stay on it---Daily--you will get rx

Related to ifAny of You Had Problems With Your Room at the Chicago Hilton

1. What should I do if I encounter problems with my room at the Chicago Hilton?

If you encounter any issues with your room at the Chicago Hilton, please contact the front desk immediately to address the problem. They will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

2. What kind of problems should I report to the hotel staff?

You should report any issues with cleanliness, maintenance, or amenities in your room to the hotel staff. This includes things like a broken TV, dirty linens, or malfunctioning appliances.

3. Can I request a room change if I am unhappy with my current room?

Yes, if you are unhappy with your room for any reason, you can request a room change. However, please keep in mind that this is subject to availability and not guaranteed. It is best to report any issues with your room as soon as possible to give the hotel staff time to address them.

4. What should I do if my room is not ready when I check-in?

If your room is not ready when you check-in, please inform the front desk and they will work to have your room prepared as soon as possible. In the meantime, they may offer you a temporary room or storage for your luggage.

5. Is there a way to prevent potential problems with my room before checking in?

While we strive to ensure that all rooms are in excellent condition, some issues may still arise. To minimize the chances of encountering problems with your room, we recommend booking early and communicating any special requests or preferences to the hotel staff prior to your arrival.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies