• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for First Open House/Hostess Appreciation Show

In summary, unique ideas for a first open house could include a themed event, hands-on activities, and a prize drawing. To make a hostess appreciation show stand out, offer exclusive discounts, personalized gifts, and special activities. Budget-friendly ideas for an open house include hosting at a community center, collaborating with other consultants, and offering smaller product bundles. To encourage more guests to attend a hostess appreciation show, send out invitations, provide incentives for RSVPs, and ask the hostess to invite their friends and family. A successful hostess appreciation show should have a mix of product demonstrations, activities, and socializing, and should highlight and thank the hostess.
I'm planning to do my first open house but am not sure of the difference between that and a hostess appreciation show. Is there a difference? Anyway, I'm planning on hosting something at my house later this fall and pretty much invite everyone I know, former hosts and guests, etc. I know that these can be very successful shows that involve lots of work, so I'm wondering if you can share some tips....Specific questions are: How many recipes should I prepare? Should I plan on a demo or on demo stations? How do I handle cash & carry, door prizes, bookings incentives, etc. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Basically, you can make your open house any way you want it to be. As far as how much food to prepare, it all depends on how many people you expect. Have your guests RSVP so you know how much food to prepare. If you decide to do a demo, make it a quick and simple one. Put on your invite "Recipe demo at XX o'clock". You can set up "hands-on stations" for people to try products. Get some potatoes. They are cheap and can be used with lots of products. (i.e. US&G, AP/CS, Crinkle Cutter) Do a search on this site for "The Amazing Potato Demo". Door prize drawings can be done at certain times throughout the open house or you can just do one at the end. It's all up to you. There are a ton of ideas on here about booking incentives. Again, just do a search on this site. There is so much info already on here, and I don't want to be redundant, but I hope this helps spark some ideas.

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

Hi there! I've done a few open houses and hostess appreciation shows myself, so I can share some tips with you. The main difference between the two is that an open house is more of a casual, drop-in event where guests can come and go as they please, while a hostess appreciation show is more structured and focused on thanking your past hostesses. For an open house, I would recommend preparing 3-4 recipes. This allows for a variety of options for guests to try, without being too overwhelming for you to prepare. As for demo, it really depends on your preference and the type of products you are showcasing. If you have products that require a demo, then you can set up a demo station. Otherwise, you can have a few products on display for guests to try out on their own. When it comes to cash & carry, it's always a good idea to have a few items available for purchase on the spot. This can be a great way to make some sales and also give guests the option to take home something they love right away. As for door prizes and booking incentives, you can offer these throughout the event or have a specific time set aside for them. You can also offer discounts or special deals for guests who book a party during the event. Overall, my biggest tip would be to have a plan and stay organized. Make a checklist of everything you need to do before and during the event, and don't be afraid to ask for help from friends or family. Also, have fun with it and remember to interact with your guests and make them feel welcome. Good luck with your event!

1. What are some unique ideas for a first open house?

Some unique ideas for a first open house could include having a themed event, such as a "Taste of Italy" or "Mexican Fiesta" party. You could also offer a hands-on cooking demonstration or a DIY craft activity for guests to participate in. Another idea is to have a prize drawing for guests who bring a friend or make a purchase.

2. How can I make my hostess appreciation show stand out?

To make your hostess appreciation show stand out, consider offering exclusive discounts or promotions for your hostess and their guests. You could also plan a special activity or game that involves the hostess, such as a cooking challenge or a trivia game about their favorite products. Additionally, providing personalized gifts or thank-you notes for your hostess can make them feel extra appreciated.

3. What are some budget-friendly ideas for a first open house?

If you're working with a tight budget, consider hosting the open house at a local community center or park instead of a rented space. Another budget-friendly idea is to collaborate with other consultants and host a joint open house, splitting the costs and sharing the profits. You could also offer smaller, more affordable product bundles for guests to purchase.

4. How can I encourage more guests to attend my hostess appreciation show?

To encourage more guests to attend your hostess appreciation show, make sure to send out invitations well in advance and provide a reminder closer to the event date. Consider offering incentives for guests who RSVP, such as a free gift or entry into a prize drawing. You could also ask your hostess to personally reach out to their friends and family to invite them.

5. What should I include in a hostess appreciation show to make it successful?

A successful hostess appreciation show should have a good mix of product demonstrations, hands-on activities, and socializing. Make sure to highlight your hostess and thank them for their support. Provide opportunities for guests to ask questions and engage with the products. Offering exclusive deals or promotions for attendees can also make the show more successful and encourage future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kmiller
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kmiller
  • jennytodd