• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea Sharing: Grab Bags & Mystery Boxes

In summary, Trish offers discounted grab bags and mystery boxes at her shows, which tend to be very popular. She takes care of the orders and keeps the prices transparent to the customers. She also offers samples of the items to give people an idea of what they're getting.
rennea
Gold Member
I have an idea I thought that I would share with you guys.......

Last year through Nov/dec I offered grab bags and mystery boxes. These were a huge hit. I filled bags with smaller goodies and boxes with a few bigger items. Bags started at $10.00, boxes started at $25.00. When somebody wanted one they picked the price they wanted to pay and I would do one for them. The customer saved anywhere from 10% to 20%. They had to be ordered so that I could make sure that the customer received the warrenty and such. I'm doing it again this year and have already sold 4 boxes and 5 bags. A lady just asked me last night if I would do a "surprise" box of $150.00 for her. I think that people like the element of surprise. Just an idea that I thought I would put out there and see if anybody has any ideas on how to add to it.

WOW, what an interesting idea! So you gave the discount out of your own pocket? $150!! That box is going to have a piece of cookware in it!!

I love the idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

I think it would be neat to have them ready to pick up at the show, but that would take away from the host's guest sales. Any ideas on getting around that? I think I'll use this for sure at booths like the Farmer's Market.

speedychef said:
WOW, what an interesting idea! So you gave the discount out of your own pocket? $150!! That box is going to have a piece of cookware in it!!

I haven't decided what I'm going to put in it yet. I try to do a 15% discount so it's not a huge money maker but if your trying to reach a goal it helps.
I have also split up spices and PC tea into little sample bags and put those in as well just as a little teaser. I have got people to order our tea this way:)

Paige Dixon said:
I think it would be neat to have them ready to pick up at the show, but that would take away from the host's guest sales. Any ideas on getting around that? I think I'll use this for sure at booths like the Farmer's Market.

It wouldn't take away from the hosts sales, it would add to it. I don't order until after the show!!! I do like the idea of having bags ready at the show but I don't cause of the fact that I want to order the items under the customers name.

For the $150 bag, you could do a search of your top 20 items, and figure them until it reaches the amount you want to include in our bag. This is what I do for people who call and say: Send a $100 wedding gift to _____.

For the $150 bag, you could do a search of your top 20 items, and figure them until it reaches the amount you want to include in our bag. This is what I do for people who call and say: Send a $100 wedding gift to _____.

Do you have a flyer on this?

Trish
Wave 2 in 2007

So you take some ready made ones to the show just as an example and then add the orders for the actual product to the hosts show?

yes, I was wondering the same thing?

Ok rennea, now you've done it, now you're gonna have to explain this very slowly, lol, spell it all out for us, come on now, spill the beans already, we're waiting (not very patient, lol).

OkAlright here it is..........

At shows and w/catty shows I let everyone know that I do mystery boxes and bags $20 $30 $40 etc. "for all over u who like a surprize" is usually how I put it to everyone. I let them know that "it's a deal" and they will save some money. Anyone who would like to buy one they just let me know how much they would like to spend. So say if a customer wanted a $50.00 one then I would add the $50.00 to the show total and when I submit the order I would choose what to put in. When the order comes in(I always have them sent to me) I put all the items together and do up a receipt with everything on it. I put regular prices so the customer can see that they have saved money. And then they have a warrenty. As I said before I always put in extra spice and tea packets.
You could do up some "samples" of items that could be in the bags and boxes to give everyone an idea. It's also a good way to get rid of any stuff that you may have sitting around as well. Last year I had a ton of bread knives around that I added to each box.
I like the $50.00 mark because you can add maybe a small stone to get the customer hooked on the stoneware. Skys the limit!! I just think it's kind of fun.
I like Paige's idea about doing a search for the top 20 items for the $150.00 box. It's just something different and I love doing this up. Everyone who has ever got one has loved them. A friend of mine wants me to do up 4 for her this month!!! Yahoo...........

Last edited:
So they say I want to spend $50 and you spend only $50 then throw in whatever you have laying around to add, or you spend more than $50 when you place the order to begin with?

jdavis said:
So they say I want to spend $50 and you spend only $50 then throw in whatever you have laying around to add, or you spend more than $50 when you place the order to begin with?

If it's $50.00 then I would put in $57.00 worth of products on the receipt, because of our discount.(plus some spice/tea samples and if I had something left over like last months bar board) I ordered a lot of goodies off of our supply order and have been putting them in. Like I said before it's not a huge money maker.....still working on it. Last year was awsome cause I had so many bread knives and large spreaders left over. This month I have an extra 4 cutting boards that I can add in. Is it starting to make sense?? Do you guys think if it's $50 then they should only get $50.00 worth??

Last edited:
Ok, I think you cleared it up for now, lol. Thanks.

rennea said:
If it's $50.00 then I would put in $57.00 worth of products on the receipt, because of our discount.(plus some spice/tea samples and if I had something left over like last months bar board) I ordered a lot of goodies off of our supply order and have been putting them in. Like I said before it's not a huge money maker.....still working on it. Last year was awsome cause I had so many bread knives and large spreaders left over. This month I have an extra 4 cutting boards that I can add in. Is it starting to make sense?? Do you guys think if it's $50 then they should only get $50.00 worth??

what about shipping and taxes? Is that on top of the extra product? I would do it and only put the amount of product they want but pay the shipping and taxes maybe. JMO

dollfangs said:
what about shipping and taxes? Is that on top of the extra product? I would do it and only put the amount of product they want but pay the shipping and taxes maybe. JMO

Yes I always charge the shipping and taxes.

1. What is a grab bag or mystery box?

A grab bag or mystery box is a package of surprise kitchen products that are hand-picked by Pampered Chef consultants. They are a fun way to try new products and discover new favorites.

2. How do I participate in a grab bag or mystery box?

To participate in a grab bag or mystery box, you can either host a Pampered Chef party and earn one for free or purchase one directly from a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find them at select events and on our website.

3. How many products are typically included in a grab bag or mystery box?

The number of products in a grab bag or mystery box can vary, but they typically include 3-5 products. However, some may contain more or less depending on the size and value of the products chosen by the consultant.

4. Can I choose the products in my grab bag or mystery box?

No, the products in a grab bag or mystery box are chosen by the consultant and are meant to be a surprise. However, if you have any product preferences or allergies, you can inform your consultant and they will do their best to accommodate them.

5. Are grab bags and mystery boxes available year-round?

Grab bags and mystery boxes are not always available, but they are offered periodically throughout the year. Be sure to follow Pampered Chef on social media or check our website for updates on when they will be available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • ChefNelson