• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Sandwich Maker & Meat Rubs

whatever you'd like to dip it in. I've made a few different dip recipes with the new rubs and they've all been really good!Do you think that having everyone make their own ice cream sandwich would be more fun or do you think that it would be more efficient to have someone pre-make them?We thought it would be more fun to have everyone make their own ice cream sandwiches. It would be more efficient to have someone pre-make them.
CrazyCook
Does anyone have any tips on how to use the new ice cream sandwich maker without making a big mess?

Has anyone tried the new meat rubs yet? Any tips or suggestions on how to sell them?

We used the ice cream sandwich maker at our last cluster meeting, and it wasn't messy at all...just put a cookie in (so happens that the ones pre-packaged at the store fit perfectly!), we added one scoop of ice cream instead of two, and the second cookie, and press! If you were doing these at a show, I would recommend doing them at the BEGINNING and throwing them in the freezer until it was time to eat, OR using a softer cookie. Our cookies were too hard to the soft ice cream and it made it terribly hard to eat without the ice cream squishing out the sides of the cookie.
Enjoy!

We did it at our last cluster meeting too and it was pretty messy to eat. Putting them in the freezer is a good idea. Then you have to remember whose is whose if they make specific ones at a show. I've used the Bell Pepper and Herb Rub on chicken before grilling it for fajitas or chicken tacos. I love it! We also tested all these out as dips at our cluster meeting and they were good that way. I haven't tried it yet, but the Citrus and Basil Rub seems like it would be awesome on salmon. I can't wait to try that!

the rubs are great!!!We tried the rubs at our last cluster meeting. We just shook the rub on chicken and placed them in a George Forman Grill. Most of us liked the Citrus & Basil Rub the best. The Bell Pepper & Herb Rub was pretty good also. The Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub was a little spicey on the lips but also pretty good. We also looked at the other new items that are coming in June. I really liked the patriotic towel set and the bbq tool bag!

I just demoed the ice cream maker at our meeting last night. It is super simple if you get the premade cookies. The best kind are the Archway. The are not too hard and they fit perfectly.

When you make the sandwiches, take the gray part off and set the clear outside ring with the narrow part down on your plate (easiest to put it on the plate you will serve). Put the white press into the outside clear ring....flat side up. Put your first cookie in. Add one to two scoops of ice cream. Use the backside of the ice cream scoop to flatten it out. Place the 2nd cookie on top. Flip over onto the plate and insert the gray part into the press. Gently press. Press out of the outside ring.

What brand of cookie works for the ice cream sandwich maker? I can't seem to find any large enough.

Archway is PERFECT. Pepperidge Farm is too small.

ThanksThanks for all of the wonderful ideas!!

A fun idea is to roll the ice-cream sandwiches in crushed candy bits, nuts, sprinkles... :)

icecream sandwhich maker and rubsDo you ladies think the ice cream sandwhiches would be a good idea to have everyone do at a kitchen show? I thought of maybe having everyone make their own sandwhich at my next show in June. If they ate it right after they made it we wouldn't need to put them in the freezer right? Also how do you make dips with the new rubs?

Ice Cream Sandwich MakerWe used Kroger deli cookies at our meeting and they fit perfect but they were a little firm. Erin is correct on freezing them - that would definitely help them stay together. (They were still yummy though!!)

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is a rather inexpensive item though so if you were doing a quick summer show and wanted to tie in stoneware you could bake some cookies on a stone at the beginning of the show and then as soon as they come out of the oven, use the clear outer ring of the sandwich maker and place it down on top of each of the cookies like a cookie cutter. This allows the cookie to be the exact size of the ice cream sandwich maker and if there are any scraps that get cut off of the cookies because they're too big, they can be sample bites for the guests to see how wonderful fresh cookies taste hot off of a stone!

For using the rubs in dips just add 2-3 tablespoons of the rub (depending on how strong you'd like it to be) and use 1 cup of sour cream plus 1 cup of mayo.

Chef Becca said:
We used Kroger deli cookies at our meeting and they fit perfect but they were a little firm. Erin is correct on freezing them - that would definitely help them stay together. (They were still yummy though!!)

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is a rather inexpensive item though so if you were doing a quick summer show and wanted to tie in stoneware you could bake some cookies on a stone at the beginning of the show and then as soon as they come out of the oven, use the clear outer ring of the sandwich maker and place it down on top of each of the cookies like a cookie cutter. This allows the cookie to be the exact size of the ice cream sandwich maker and if there are any scraps that get cut off of the cookies because they're too big, they can be sample bites for the guests to see how wonderful fresh cookies taste hot off of a stone!

For using the rubs in dips just add 2-3 tablespoons of the rub (depending on how strong you'd like it to be) and use 1 cup of sour cream plus 1 cup of mayo.

Thanks for the great tips!

thanksThanks for the dip recipe. That is a cute idea about making the right size cookies by putting the ice cream sandwhich make over the cookie and then using the extra pieces for the guests to munch on. I could put the extra pieces in a simple additions piece or the prep bowls. Thanks again!

What is the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker made of?

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is made of durable silicone, making it heat-resistant and easy to clean.

How many sandwiches can be made at once with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker can make up to four sandwiches at once, perfect for a family or gathering.

Can the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker be used for anything other than ice cream sandwiches?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker can also be used to make other desserts, such as mini cakes or brownies.

What are the ingredients in the Meat Rubs?

The ingredients in our Meat Rubs vary depending on the flavor, but they are all made with high-quality spices and seasonings.

How do I use the Meat Rubs?

Simply rub the seasoning onto your meat before cooking, or mix it into ground meat for burgers or meatballs. For best results, let the meat marinate in the rub for at least 30 minutes before cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• muffetts
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • Dea Rash
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefRiGuy