• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Breaker Tips for Quiet Guests: A Children's Book Party Story

LOLIn summary, the conversation revolved around ideas for icebreakers in a Pampered Chef show where guests are quiet and do not participate much. Some suggestions included playing a game where guests can ask any questions about Pampered Chef and the winner gets a small item, asking guests to share their first name and cooking style to recommend products, and finding icebreaker ideas in PC files.
Yvonne
Has anyone got any tips for ice breakers when the guests are quiet and not very forthcoming? PC is still very new where I live, so I can't ask people which products they like, as most of them are seeing a Kitchen Show for the first time. I recently went as a guest to a Children's Book Party where the Associate passed round a wrapped gift while she read a story. When ever she said a particular word, the direction of the gift was reversed, and when she finished the story, the person who was holding the gift won it. It was excellent for this type of show - can anyone think of something similar we could do?

Sometimes I play "everything you ever wanted to know about Pampered Chef, but were afraid to ask". I have a small item, like a sink fizz or a citrus peeler and hand it to the first guest. I set my clock/timer for 3-4 minutes and start it with the first guest. The guests can ask any question pertaining to PC - questions about products, the business, hosting etc. When the timer goes off, who ever is holding the sink fizz/citrus peeler etc gets to keep it.
You can get a feel for who would be a host, a potential consultant etc.
Hope this helps. :)

You can ask them to tell their first name and instead of their last name replace it with how they cook. Ex: Ginger Quick, Kylie Eat Out, Robyn Microwave, Haley Gourmet.

As they tell about the type of cook they are, you can give them some products that they will want to add to their list. Ex: Robyn Microwave....I've got the PERFECT product for you! You are going to want to get the Large MicroCooker. I love this size because it takes up as much space as the small one with the handle. Anyway, you can make your veggies...just pour in frozen veggies - no need to add water - and microwave. BUT my FAVORITE use is for ground beef! No more babysitting the stove! Put in your ground beef and microwave for 2 minutes....stir....microwave 2 minutes....stir....repeat until it is cooked. Here is the BEST PART...since the lid has holes, drain ALL THE FAT right off. No more balancing act seeing if you can keep the meat in the pan or drip it all off in the sink.

Kylie Eat Out.....Ok, I love to eat out. Someone else cooks for me AND I get to take home the left overs! YUMMY! But has anyone ever tried to take home a bloomin' onion? UGH! Not if you have a STONE! The stone is PERFECT for reheating leftovers and is perfect for a bloomin' onion. It pulls away the moisture from the food and leaves it crisp and perfect. No need to turn over battered things like your onion or nuggets, etc. AND you can't burn things. I mean it is almost IMPOSSIBLE! You have to work REALLY HARD...believe me, I've tried. I've got 4 kids and get easily distracted. I have forgotten I'm cooking for a L...O...N...G time and to my surprise, my food is not burned....CRISP, but not burned!

ThanksThanks for those ideas - will try and let you know how I get on!

I ask their name and the one (or two!) items in their kitchen that are in dire need of replacment...that way I know what to gear them towards during the presentation!

I believe if you look under PC files you'll find an attachment called "icebreakers". There are some cute ideas in there. good luck!

Help with IcebreakersWhere do I find PC files? I would love to have some fun "icebreakers", but I'm having a hard time locating them. This is my SS1 month and I'm trying to gather as many resources as possible!! Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

pampered mom said:
Where do I find PC files? I would love to have some fun "icebreakers", but I'm having a hard time locating them. This is my SS1 month and I'm trying to gather as many resources as possible!! Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)
You find "PC files in the bar under where it says "Welcome, <your name>"

The bar starts with "User CP", "FAQ",... See it now? There are tons of files there - no need to search through the different threads for a flyer or anything that was "attached" unless it was uct and pasted into the body of a reply!

Oops...Thanks! I realized where it was after my post, but I was too interested in the files to post again letting everyone know that I figured it out! :D

Thanks for the tip about the PC Files - I didn't know about that! There are some really great ideas that I know I will use at my future shows.

Business GameI guess this could be considered an ice breaker but technically it's a business opportunity plug. This may already be posted somewhere on the site, I haven't checked so I thought I'd just post it anyway :p

I will have my host help me with this one. I set my kitchen timer for 3 minutes and have the host hold raffle tickets. Often times I use this as my door prize game. The only way to get tickets is to ask questions about the business. It can be anything they want to ask but it must be focused on the business. This accomplishes a few things. 1) It's an ice breaker type game 2) It's a great way to talk about the business 3) It's a fun way to give out the doorprize 4) It allows you to identify people who are interested in the business. Those who are asking lots of questions could be just wanting the door prize, however probably have some slight interest in what you do. It allows you the opportunity to SHARE the opportunity with them at a later time because it gives you a conversation starter. Something like "Ya know you really got into the door prize game tonight. Are you just someone who loves freebies or is there some little part of you that's curious about doing something like I do?"

I've found that people have fun with it and really get into it. It allows me to share the exciting things about the business that THEY want to know because THEY are asking and it definitely helps me identify potential leads.

Just an idea to share :)

I JUST did this game last night at my show. It was the most participation I have had with a game like this. So, I was thinking there were maybe some guests actually interested in the opportunity! I was anxious to see their drawing slips, but NOPE, nobody was really interested. I even asked those who asked a lot of questions if they've ever thought of doing something like this, but really didn't get any good responses. Oh well, even if they were just asking to get raffle tickets, it got me talking about it more and maybe it planted a seed in someone's head!

Yvonne,

I went to a show that did something very similar to this....it was fun! Thanks for reminding me about it!

The present thing that was mentioned in the first post my director does something similar. She has a left right game and passes around bamboo spoon(s) depending on size of crowd and the person left holding it wins. If anyone wants the script, email me with spoon game in subject line and I will copy her script on my comp and send to you. Hope these tips are working well for everyone! :cool:
email is [email protected]

Last edited:
useful questionI ususally ask people to describe themselves (briefly) in the kitchen (excellent, creative, hopeless, etc.) or what they most love to prepare (baking, Italian, pasta, etc.) This way, if I can remember who said what (which is difficult if there are lots of guests!) I can try to direct specific products towards people (ex. the cookie press for someone who loves to bake). It also gives me the opening to tell people how much Pampered Chef can help them, even if they consider themselves lousy cooks.
D.C.

Deborah Czarnecki said:
I ususally ask people to describe themselves (briefly) in the kitchen (excellent, creative, hopeless, etc.) or what they most love to prepare (baking, Italian, pasta, etc.) This way, if I can remember who said what (which is difficult if there are lots of guests!) I can try to direct specific products towards people (ex. the cookie press for someone who loves to bake). It also gives me the opening to tell people how much Pampered Chef can help them, even if they consider themselves lousy cooks.
D.C.
I've heard this idea before and I need to start implementing it! At my recent shows, I've gotten away from introductions because they seem to take up too much time. I've had some big groups lately which is great! But, this way of introductions can be interesting for other guests to hear (and can get pretty funny) and like you said, can be a good way to direct some of your presentation. Thanks for sharing this! It's nice to get so many suggestions on this board! :)
It's also nice because we share with new consultants, as well as those considering becoming consultants. I know I wish I knew of this site when I started...although I don't think it was around then. It's reassuring to know there are always tons of ideas out there and a place to get feedback. :D

1. How can I engage quiet guests at a children's book party?

One way to engage quiet guests is to plan fun ice breaker activities, such as a book-themed scavenger hunt or a book character guessing game. These activities can help break the ice and get everyone involved in the party.

2. What are some tips for making shy guests feel more comfortable?

One tip is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment by introducing everyone and making sure everyone feels included in the party. Another tip is to have conversation starters ready, such as asking guests about their favorite children's books or characters.

3. How can I encourage quiet guests to participate in activities?

One way to encourage participation is to make sure the activities are age-appropriate and not overly competitive. You can also ask for volunteers instead of randomly picking participants to make shy guests feel more comfortable.

4. What are some fun ice breaker ideas for a children's book party?

Some fun ideas include having a book cover design contest, a book character costume parade, or a book-themed charades game. You can also plan a book exchange where guests can bring their favorite children's book to swap with others.

5. Are there any activities that can help quiet guests open up and feel more comfortable?

Yes, there are many activities that can help quiet guests feel more comfortable, such as a book-themed craft station, a storytelling circle where guests can take turns sharing their favorite stories, or a book club discussion about a chosen children's book. These activities can help facilitate conversation and make shy guests feel more at ease.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Swirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
Replies
Views
Chef Endora