• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was Updating My Website to Go Ahead and Start Promoting December

In summary, the carving board is not meant to be used with knives or choppers. You cannot put it in the dishwasher, and it will show cuts on the surface.
jenniferlynne
I was updating my website to go ahead and start promoting December since it is the Sell-A-Thon month. I was looking for a picture of the carving board, and did you notice the picture on there??? It shows diced vegetables on it!!! I would have loved to use that picture, but it implies that you can cut on it. I had to use the ones with the measuring cups instead. :(

I noticed the same thing! Ugh.

The hostess of a show that I did on Tuesday wanted to get the carving board as well, but i felt like i HAD to mention that it wasn't a cutting board. She couldn't figure out why not, as bamboo is a hard surface and one of her friends has a bamboo floor! I didn't know what to say to that ;)

Any ideas?

You can cut on it - just not "raw" meats, poultry, fish.
Carving roasts and cutting veggies or bread on it is perfectly fine.

cutting raw meats could leave bacteria on it, but I don't see a problem with vegies. It won't stay as pretty, but why buy something if you aren't going to get the wear out of it. I guess, if you cut raw meat on it, you could clean it just like any other board.

Marg said:
You can cut on it - just not "raw" meats, poultry, fish.
Carving roasts and cutting veggies or bread on it is perfectly fine.

When I spoke to my NSED Chris Manion about this picture, she too was dissappointed. She told me that NO you can not cut on it!!

It is not a cutting board, just a carving board!!! Make sure you don't sell this to your customers with the intentions that they can use it as a cutting board!

You cannot cut bread on it either, as you cannot use a serrated bread knife on the board!

And this board cannot be cleaned like our cutting boards. The bamboo carving board is NOT dishwasher safe. The glue that holds the board together will dissolve with the high heat!

Last edited:
Well in that case I don't think I'll have many takers on the $69 "carving board"!! But it does look nice displayed. I haven't sold any yet, nor have I had anyone ask about it...with all those restrictions, it doesn't sound fun to use....just my opinion. ;)

They told us in the product showcase room at National Conference that if you use your chopper or knives on it, the surface would show the cuts. They did not say you CAN'T cut on it. Just that it wouldn't be so pretty if you used it for that. I used to have wood cutting boards in my kitchen and hated it when they went out of style. I used it for everything except raw meats. It looked marred but so what?!

I am telling guests that they just can't use it for raw meats and not in the dishwasher. I am also telling them that it is meant to be a carving board but if they use it to cut things like vegetables they should expect it to show cuts and wear and tear.

Our other cutting boards show cuts too!

Use & Card informationThe carving board is meant to be a heritage product that is passed down from generation to generation. I have been using that approach and I have sold several.

I personally wouldn't want to cut on my carving board because then when I demo it at my shows it would be marred. And unlike our other cutting boards you can't sand the cut marks out. Just remember that the carving board will dull your knives and food chopper unlike our cutting boards.

In the product card you receive with the carving board in the Use & Care section it reads, "Do not use Food Choppers, serrated or electric carving knife on surface." If you use these on your carving board, you are voiding your warranty because you did not follow the Use and Care. Just like if you put your Professional Cookware in the dishwasher, it voids the lifetime warranty!

Last edited:

1. What updates should I make to my website for December promotions?

For December promotions, it is important to update your website with holiday-themed graphics, banners, and product images. You should also include any special deals or discounts that will be offered during the month. Additionally, make sure to highlight any seasonal products that would make great gifts.

2. How can I make sure my website is ready to promote December products?

To ensure your website is ready for December promotions, you should thoroughly review and update all product information, pricing, and availability. Test all links and make sure they are working correctly. You should also consider creating a dedicated landing page for your December promotions to make it easier for customers to find and purchase these products.

3. When is the best time to start promoting December products on my website?

It is recommended to start promoting December products on your website at least a few weeks before the holiday season begins. This will give customers enough time to browse and purchase items before the rush of holiday shopping. You can also consider offering early bird discounts or deals to entice customers to start shopping early.

4. How can I effectively promote December products on my website?

To effectively promote December products on your website, you can use social media to showcase new products and share promotions with your followers. You can also send out email newsletters to your subscribers, highlighting the special deals and products for December. Collaborating with influencers or bloggers can also help reach a wider audience.

5. Are there any resources or tools provided by Pampered Chef to help with website updates for December promotions?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides a variety of resources and tools to help with website updates for December promotions. These include holiday-themed graphics, banners, and product images that can be downloaded from the Consultant's Corner. You can also find tips and best practices for promoting December products on the Pampered Chef website or by attending training sessions held by the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefliz
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • bridgetbakes
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies